Deconstructing The Myth Of Science - Part 3

By Leo Gura - November 9, 2020 | 8 Comments

A 4-part series exploring the metaphysical and epistemic limitations of science.

Comments
Brent says:

I was watching this video Deconstructing the myth of science 3, and Leo, you said “you may actually think you were born”, or something to the affect. This really struck me as odd as I was telling myself, “yes I really believe that I was born”. How can I innerstand this statement? Do you have an answer for me or must I watch 1000 hours of video’s to qualify. btw I have watched many hours of your material. I have experienced the affects of LSD and mushrooms though many years in my past. I can comprehend your language to a certain extent. I believe that there is no way to communicate the whole of reality but I do get it. Riddle me this…

Your birth is imaginary.

Luke says:

Ah yes, I remember questions from Alan Watts that ring true to this statement:
Where were you before you were born?
Where will you be after you die?
Were you born at the time of conception, or when your father had that gleam in his eye, was that you?
It’s simply a matter of measurement, symbolism, and of course social conditioning.

Joel says:

To sum up: Science is not an exact science.

Christine Kunert says:

Is there a Deconstructing the Myth of Science – Part 4 yet? I can’t find it.

Luke says:

Patience. Let this be a time to question and contemplate for part 4 rather than just consume it.

DON’T JUST TEACH YOUR CHILDREN TO READ

TEACH THEM TO QUESTION WHAT THEY READ

TEACH THEM TO QUESTION EVERYTHING!!!

George Carlin

THE TWO ENEMIES OF THE PEOPLE ARE CRIMINALS AND GOVERNMENT

SO LET US TIE THE SECOND DOWN WITH THE CHAINS OF THE CONSTITUTION

SO THE SECOND WILL NOT BECOME THE LEGALIZED VERSION OF THE FIRST!

Thomas Jefferson

Luke says:

I love this Leo. I love it because it brings me right back to nothingness, literally right back to where I have been. I’ve heard and read your point in the works of Alan Watts quite often, that thought and symbol are entangling us so much so that we believe we are ‘we’ and that there are ‘things’ at all. BUT THERE ISN’T ANY-THING! Something is just ‘THIS’ as Alan Watts describes it. There is only direct experience and it can change completely, subtlety or immensely, as it has for me on LSD and shrooms.
So I do have a question then, and I’ll give my conclusion afterwards;
A science of consciousness, centered on experiencing and training consciousness using practices such as visualization, contemplation, psychedelics, coherent thought sequencing, astral projection, lucid dreaming, and so on IS indeed a science, correct? And if so, is it possible to become ‘gods’ or at a state such as the supposedly supernatural ‘ETs’?
I THINK it is and believe so too, but it is my Life Purpose to test it, to master the science of consciousness, and to inspire people to become masters of consciousness and creativity.