The Role Of Balance In Personal Development

By Leo Gura - February 6, 2017 | 16 Comments

Examples of the crucial role that balance plays in growth

Comments
Allan says:

I love the Role of balance in personal development video!, I would appreciate if you can speak a littler slower next time, Thank for all the great wisdom!

Nora says:

Dear Leo, great video! thank you. You make perfect sense, love ur examples. I beleive many of us who is on the path of personal development thinking the way you do yet its so hard to put it together, orginize and structure as you do.
Yes, theories are complex and can be hard to digest and apply in modern life. You good at delivering them to us
I am studying and staying with you, all the best, please keep your great work for us.
Sincerely.

mark says:

another great high energy vid densely packed with wisdom and insight! as an ex-addict/alcoholic black and white, on-off, binary thinking was often the norm and it has take a good while to find moderation and balance. even in sobriety I will still ocassionaly find myself at one end of the see-saw or another. thanks for you time and, energy.

Mike says:

I found this a little helpful thank you!
I see little continity in ur videos, keep it moving forward.

Frama says:

What?

Mike says:

Frama I want to develop sense of humour which I started almost a year before, I see little results thats why im so modest.

Marlen says:

With no balance climbing is difficult and at some point you will surely fall

Jane says:

Excellent. Love the oil in spoon story; describes it perfectly.

Priyankar says:

Though the content delivered seems to be “very simple and kind of- Yeah! That goes without saying…..”, yet it is another powerful insight which one just discounts thinking Yes I know that…

But one has to be aware and work on it to develop….

Another gr8 practical wisdom pearl to become Authentic self by Leo….

Thanx Leo, gr8 work and gr8 service to interested humanity…

Thnaks a tonne

stephanie says:

You are turning into a comedian! One of the funniest videos from you!

Mel says:

This truly is an undervalued topic even though it forms the base of everything. Thank you for spreading the word!

Ben says:

Hey, Leo.

Fantastic video. I have a question for you:

You mention towards the end of your video that during our 20s, we may be business oriented, spirituality oriented in our 30s, family in our 40s, etc. Does this imply we should be myopic in our growth in the sense that we only tackle one facet at a time, or is it, as you say, different for everyone?

Thank you for everything you do.

No, that was just an example. Your life may have the opposite progression.

It is smart to selectively focus on mastering one facet of your life at a time. You can’t effectively tackle everything at once. Nor do you need to it. Some things are more urgent than others.

Ben says:

Thanks for getting back to me, Leo.

If I’m understanding you correctly, you’re advocating that I choose one area in my life I want to get nailed down and focus all my free time and energy on that specific thing until I get it.

My concern is this: Say I decide I want to master pickup (this is one of the big ones for me). If this took me two or three years to do, I feel as though I’m really going to narrow myself because I’m not educating myself on other things throughout the process. Why can’t I be learning about spirituality and meditating during the day after school, and practicing day game when I’m on campus and night game when I go out on weekends? Essentially, I’m now tackling three things at once: school/career, spirituality and game. As it is now, I’m already doing two of the three (pickup has been on and off for me), and it seems to be a good balance. Again, is the right path circumstantial, or would you suggest dropping the spiritual attainment for now and focusing all my free time and energy on game or vice-versa? It seems to me that life necessitates multitasking.

The other concern I have is that if I take a myopic approach to each facet I want to master, I won’t nail down too many things in my life. How do you address this?

Have 1 major objective you’re working on for the next year or two, and a few minors ones.

If you try to master pickup, ace university, and become enlightened all in one year, that will not work, because whose are 3 major objectives. You need to have a sense of priority and focus.

But small stuff, like going to the gym, meditating a little bit, learning to play the guitar, reading self-help books, having a girlfriend, etc. These you can do alongside the big stuff.

Ben says:

Sounds like great advice. Thanks again!