Spiral Dynamics - Stage Yellow

By Leo Gura - July 10, 2018 | 7 Comments

Understanding the Systemic Multi-Perspectival stage of psychological development

Comments
outlandish says:

Now I understand why you ask what color are lemons

Amazing talk as always.

AngelinaXia says:

What about Ken Wilber? I think he is pretty yellow. All the stuff he’s doing on tran-peronal psychology and the way he thinks

Daniel says:

Leo,

I have a question. I have watch you for years, and consider myself a very systematic person. I relate well to many aspects of orange and green, and quite a few of yellow as well.

I have came to a dilemma on a specific issue, or perhaps rather an answer?. Its a very controversial issue and has been played out over and over again, but I believe I have had a breakthrough – and it is the exact opposite of what I have supported my whole life.

Abortion.

Yeah, I know – the issue that nobody ever changes their mind on, yet I think I did.

For years I have been a very secular person. I support women’s rights, and within that box I supported abortion. For me it was not that big of a deal, but now I realize I did not think about it through all perspectives.

Through self reflection I found that the moment of conception is when being exists. It might get kind of wonky, but I can only explain this through a big picture description.

Our planet travels around the sun at tens of thousands of miles per hour. Our solar system travels around the galaxy at hundred of miles per hour. Our galaxy is traveling at millions of miles per hour in the universe, relative to other galaxies, and possibly other universes. We as beings operate in space space time. Every single micro moment is both unique and part of the whole.

We as humans have cells with our body. These cells come together to form bones, muscles, nerves, and of course sperm and egg. The sperm and the egg are made of other completely unique cells depending on both how and when they were manufactured. When the sperm meets the egg, these products form yet other completely unique cells into making fertilized egg. They are also as unique as can be. The nutrients feeding the fertilized egg at that point are also as unique as can be, depending on how the mother process food.

Once the egg is fertilized we have many different scientific names, zigot, fetus, etc. We know the fertilized egg is not a parasite because parasites live their entire life on their host. It is not another creature because two humans fertilized the egg. From the moment of conception is it a human being – because given it’s potential it can never be anything more than a human being.

Unique, individual life is created at the moment of conception – because at that very moment in space time – which those unique cells – human life was created.

Now of course natural selection takes place. Not every conceived human lives. I am however very much a humanist. I don’t want to get into the good and evil – But is that what we do? Do we accept the fact that murder of innocent human life is ok because it is inconvenient? Is our choice a part of natural selection, or are we truly murdering the innocent humans because of choice? My humanist side whispers to me “murder” because natural selection simply acts and does not make “choices”.

I then took it further…

I imagined the future. At some time we may have the ability where a woman could make her choice and choose not to carry a baby – yet we now have the technology to make it so the human life can survive – in a test tube or something – and no human life has to die because someone else chose it. Would the “parents” still have the right to kill it and deny the life its own potential? If no – why do we do it now? Again, do we really accept the murder of human life as someone else’s right to do?

I am thinking to big and it has me all screwed up. Thanks a lot Leo.

Daniel says:

I’m always in tears whenever I watch your videos.

stephanie says:

Ever considered this?

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=nd5duoni5UE

stephanie says:

I should have mentioned the title for this video:

The Deep Truth Behind Why Trump Is President

Magdalena says:

I’ve started watching from the turquoise though… I haven’t watched your videos for years. Experienced just few from the beginning of your collection. The most recent one to me, was the one with my hand. I use it to centre myself and ground myself in reality. Each time I feel there’s too much pull in my head, there’s hand coming right in front of my face just to help me to notice what’s real. By the way, that’s my first comment on your material ever. Oh, and the video about your entrepreneurial pokemon business and starting up, thank you for that one too.