Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Juan

Leo Blog Post Critique: Search Bar

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Here his post:

https://www.actualized.org/insights/how-to-search-this-blog

My critique would be: you said the search function is unnecessary, ironically it’s BEING TOO NECESSARY for people who look out your blog (myself included). Sure I’m aware that here in the forum somebody organized your blog posts but, for new comers and non forum members, many probably gave up already. My advice would be, if possible of course, update your site then or just add the search bar since it seems MANY are complaining about it. 

And even if you gave us how to search your blog posts by using google, give it some time like a year that you receive new people coming and just don’t know about that cuz obviously you’re gonna keep posting new stuff so that info it will be lost. So yea, I think that update will be a game changer for people who are studying your work. 

Edited by Juan

I agree. There was a post he made a while ago about contemplation, and I tried to look it up the way he told me and the page doesn’t exist. You have to type the exact title of the blog in correctly, and if you don’t know the entire name of the blog post, then you are screwed. That way of searching doesn’t do keywords, it goes off of the full title. There definitely needs to be a search bar. I have been using @FlyingLotus post with the links to blog posts to help me out.

“Our most valuable resource is not time, but rather it is consciousness itself. Consciousness is the basis for everything, and without it, there could be no time and no resource possible. It is only through consciousness and its cultivation that one’s passions, one’s focus, one’s curiosity, one’s time, and one’s capacity to love can be actualized and lived to the fullest.” - r0ckyreed

Have you checked out this gem?

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

You have to type the exact title of the blog in correctly, and if you don’t know the entire name of the blog post, then you are screwed. That way of searching doesn’t do keywords, it goes off of the full title.

That’s not how it works from my experience. Nonetheless, I do find limitations with the Google search. For example, I wanted to search for The Hairy Frogfish. I initially typed “site:actualized.org/insights/ frog”. Google gave me a few blog posts where Leo mentioned frog in the body of the blog posts. However, it did not populate the Frogfish blog post. So I had to alter my search to from “frog” to “frogfish”.

Keep in mind that Google will obviously be implementing more AI technology in their search in the future, so let’s see how it’ll change and improve in the next 5-10 years. 

Edited by Yimpa

Posted (edited)

@r0ckyreed also, make sure you’re putting a space at the end. So, instead of “site:actualized.org/insights/frogfish”, you need to type “site:actualized.org/insights/ frogfish”

Edited by Yimpa

4 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

That’s not how it works from my experience. Nonetheless, I do find limitations with the Google search. For example, I wanted to search for The Hairy Frogfish. I initially typed “site:actualized.org/insights/ frog”. Google gave me a few blog posts where Leo mentioned frog in the body of the blog posts. However, it did not populate the Frogfish blog post. So I had to alter my search to from “frog” to “frogfish”.

Keep in mind that Google will obviously be implementing more AI technology in their search in the future, so let’s see how it’ll change and improve in the next 5-10 years. 

Oh thanks! I found it. I realized I had to put a space after the /insights/ Keyword

“Our most valuable resource is not time, but rather it is consciousness itself. Consciousness is the basis for everything, and without it, there could be no time and no resource possible. It is only through consciousness and its cultivation that one’s passions, one’s focus, one’s curiosity, one’s time, and one’s capacity to love can be actualized and lived to the fullest.” - r0ckyreed

2 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

@r0ckyreed also, make sure you’re putting a space at the end. So, instead of “site:actualized.org/insights/frogfish”, you need to type “site:actualized.org/insights/ frogfish”

Thanks!

Posted (edited)

There's quite a big difference between a frog and a frogfish.

Like the difference between a test and a testicle.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I’m gonna go study ;)

45 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Like the difference between a test and a testicle

Lmao

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God