Someone here

Why spiritual gurus grow a long ass beard ?

15 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

What's the spiritual value of a mystic/religious type of beard ?

601eaec7cce73_Skjermbilde2021-02-06kl_15_58_49.thumb.png.71ac66cd2bbc6ee01faccdfb8c716cda (1).png

Screenshot_20240304-170408_YouTube.jpg

Edited by Someone here

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

Long hair don't care?

I don't think it's a universal thing for all wise men but I assume "not giving a fuck" might factor a role.

The collective consciousness instinctively views a guru with a long white beard because that's the depiction of a Christian's God in the sky. So together in our minds we created that image. And now it's being imagined by the collective for a guru to have a long white beard. 

Know thyself....

Posted (edited)

Beards are key to enlightenment ;)

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Fastens awakening. 

My name is Reena Gerlach and I'm a woman of few words. 

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Posted (edited)

There were other equally qualified spiritual gurus, but because they didn't have long beard, no one took them seriously and they faded into obscurity.

Edited by Mulky

Posted (edited)

I think because they are like antennas, just like long hair. I guess it increases their sensitivity and stabilizes their energies in the head. The weight on your head, pulling of the skin and circulation of blood in your head area also plays some role in circulation of your pranas, it's a hard question, i don't know the answer and I am not a guru. But from the stories I have heard, depends what you use it for, it makes them more sensitive and stable in their body. Some strange things happen in the body when you become enlightened and to hold the experience or not to leave the body, they try to rely on everything they know.

Buddhist tradition (for monks, but i have seen masters also like that) practicioners remove their hair on the head at shivaratri's of the year, since it centers their energies at the top of the head.

Basically it has it's pros and cons, for example, Sikh men always have beard and long hair wrapped in their headpiece. Some Hindus have it too. It's even popular in middle east.

Edited by Applegarden8

Why would they cut it? No deeper reason for it. 

I'm thinking of growing onexD

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

I am a certified guru and am planning on removing all of my facial hair. Thank you for reading this important message!

I AM a toy

Is Santa Claus an enlightened guru? @Osaid

;)

I AM a toy

Sadhguru said they look like caricatures, meanwhile he looks like a caricature.