TheGod

I was happier as a kid

249 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Osaid said:

You can prefer the taste of one candy over the other, but both are equally bad for the body.

This is the preference for pleasure over health basicly. And it is born of ego. Without ego this preference for pleasure and stimulation over boredom and simplicity would not be there. 

If you identify with the body, self esteem issues will be inevitable. 

5 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

No. There is logic behind it. Certain smells open your body up and have many health benefits. And certain smells can be like posinous to your health. Same with sounds. Music is very harmonious and in tune sound collection. If you play out of tune sounds it will be jarring to the ears and it will give a headache to the body

Also. Harmonious music can be healing art itself. That's why it feels good. 

Okay. What do you say about leaving this matter be? We don't have to agree on anything. Just playing with ideas really. 

7 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

No. There is logic behind it. Certain smells open your body up and have many health benefits. And certain smells can be like posinous to your health. Same with sounds. Music is very harmonious and in tune sound collection. If you play out of tune sounds it will be jarring to the ears and it will give a headache to the body

You don't enjoy the logic. There is logic behind it. But that's not what is pleasurable. You can't enjoy taste without taste. Taste is not logic. It is a sensation. There is no logic in hearing a good song, and there is no logic in experiencing the benefits of that. It is pure sensation.

Describe a thought.

1 minute ago, Salvijus said:

Okay. What do you say about leaving this matter be? 

I was planning on it, starting to seem circular at this point.

Describe a thought.

1 minute ago, Osaid said:

I was planning on it, starting to seem circular at this point.

🙏

8 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

This is the preference for pleasure over health basicly. And it is born of ego. Without ego this preference for pleasure and stimulation over boredom and simplicity would not be there. 

The ego is just a manifestation of the will of life to live. Same than the fangs in a tiger. The ego is as real as the fangs, and much more powerful 

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

The ego is just a manifestation of the will of life to live

"Clinging to survival" or "fear of death" would describe the ego better i think. 

An energy that is possible only if we perceive who we are wrongly. 

Edited by Salvijus

11 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Unnecessary energy being exerted all because of false perception of who we are - the real cause for ego. 

Who sais that it's unnecessary? If absolutely all the humans have one.... maybe the design of the infinite intelligence is not so wrong

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

Who sais that it's unnecessary? If absolutely all the humans have one.... maybe the design of the infinite intelligence is not so wrong

Unnecessary in a sense that without the energy of fear, you'd be ruled by the energy of love and you'd be infinitely more happy, intelligent, proficient, aligned with your true purpose, aligned with God etc. 

The energy of fear serves no purpose but the sustenance of ego. And ego is but a product of false perception of reality, so why would anyone try to sustain an illusion? (Unless they believe the illusion is the reality.)

It's an empty pursuit that leads to more suffering the more one clings to it. And eventually everyone is destined to realize that and come out of it. Maybe in that sense suffering produced by the ego(which is fear) is useful afterall... 

Edited by Salvijus

1 hour ago, Salvijus said:

Unnecessary in a sense that without the energy of fear, you'd be ruled by the energy of love and you'd be infinitely more happy, intelligent, proficient, aligned with your true purpose, aligned with God etc. 

The energy of fear serves no purpose but the sustenance of ego. And ego is but a product of false perception of reality, so why would anyone try to sustain an illusion? (Unless they believe the illusion is the reality.)

It's an empty pursuit that leads to more suffering the more one clings to it. And eventually everyone is destined to realize that and come out of it. Maybe in that sense suffering produced by the ego(which is fear) is useful afterall... 

9 hours ago, Salvijus said:

The ego is absolutely necessary, and fear too, if it were not necessary, it would not exist. Maybe in the future humans will reach a level of development where the ego is unnecessary, then it will disappear.

In reality nothing is by chance or defective. If all humans were like Ramana Maharshi, humanity would have become extinct. Fear is the whip of evolution, since life is war.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Breakingthewall said:

Humanity would have become extinct.

I don’t see it that way. If all fear would be replaced by love, humanity would flourish and be infinitely more beautiful. On the other hand, if love was gone and only fear and ego was left. For sure humanity would self-destructe itself really fast.   

Edited by Salvijus

17 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

I don’t see it that way. If all fear would be replaced by love, humanity would flourish and be infinitely more beautiful

This is just a fantasy, fear is love. Just a defective energetic form. Infinitely more beautiful in your limited mind. Humanity couldn't flourish without fear. What would be the driving force. There's nothing to strive for if everything is seemingly perfect. Some fear is necessary for this to happen. Fear is the illusion. All is love.

Know thyself....

Posted (edited)

52 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

What would be the driving force.

2 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

The way I see it.

There are two ways to live life.

1.you can live life out of joy and passion and love and excitement.

2. Or you can live out of fear for death. 

And i believe if you drop the second. You will be 100% in alignment with your true purpose, God, happiness, truth, authenticity etc. 

It is the second method that is the source of misery, destruction etc. And it is a false way to live life because it is based on false premise to serve the ego. Not the truth. 

Edited by Salvijus

1 hour ago, Salvijus said:

The way I see it.

There are two ways to live life.

1.you can live life out of joy and passion and love and excitement.

2. Or you can live out of fear for death. 

And i believe if you drop the second. You will be 100% in alignment with your true purpose, God, happiness, truth, authenticity etc. 

It is the second method that is the source of misery, destruction etc. And it is a false way to live life because it is based on false premise to serve the ego. Not the truth. 

There are no false premises, we are the result of millions of years of evolution and what we have is absolute intelligence in action, and the ego is one of its most incredible works. To go from a rat hiding in its burrow to a being capable of sending artifacts to Mars in a few million years, millions of adjustments of absolute intelligence have been made. Fear is an indispensable ingredient, and all its derivatives, such as tribalism, greed, racism or war, have been essential.

Without conflict the stew is not cooked, there would only be very peaceful and happy photosynthetic bacteria, but life pushes and its way of doing it is exactly what exists.

If you want to be the master who knows the ego and deactivates it at will and identifies with total existence, you must understand what you are in a profound way, otherwise you will always be trapped. The game is merciless, its design is made to evolve or be crushed

19 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

There are no false premises, we are the result of millions of years of evolution and what we have is absolute intelligence in action, and the ego is one of its most incredible works. To go from a rat hiding in its burrow to a being capable of sending artifacts to Mars in a few million years, millions of adjustments of absolute intelligence have been made. Fear is an indispensable ingredient, and all its derivatives, such as tribalism, greed, racism or war, have been essential.

Without conflict the stew is not cooked, there would only be very peaceful and happy photosynthetic bacteria, but life pushes and its way of doing it is exactly what exists.

If you want to be the master who knows the ego and deactivates it at will and identifies with total existence, you must understand what you are in a profound way, otherwise you will always be trapped. The game is merciless, its design is made to evolve or be crushed

I would be willing to agree that deep darkness and ignorance can be the reason for deep levels of transcendence and light. 

But I still think to be ignorant and stupid is not necessary to live life. Kinda obvious when you think about it. 

26 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

But I still think to be ignorant and stupid is not necessary to live life. Kinda obvious when you think about it. 

Depends. If the 8 billion humans were focused on getting out of the ego and seeking enlightenment, the world would collapse. the world needs the push it has to go in the direction it is going. To think that we are smarter than reality is to not see the whole picture

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

If the 8 billion humans were focused on getting out of the ego and seeking enlightenment, the world would collapse

I don’t know how you arrived at this conclusion. But i think if people were less stupid and more conscious/loving, we would be fine. 

Edited by Salvijus

8 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

I don’t know how you arrived at this conclusion. But i think if people were less stupid and more conscious/loving, we would be fine. 

As I see It is a process that is underway and has a precise and perfect rhythm. I think it is obvious that the path is towards more conciousness, intelligence, solidarity and openness. If we were 100 years ago we would not be talking about spirituality but about politics, and 200 years ago we would be joining the Napoleonic army to demonstrate our virility in a cavalry charge, or chasing slaves. 

The human mechanism is of enormous, cosmic proportions. It is a movement in one direction, life always is. seeks greater complexity in its creation, perfect harmony at the highest possible level, but total destruction is always a possibility.

10 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

As I see It is a process that is underway and has a precise and perfect rhythm. I think it is obvious that the path is towards more conciousness, intelligence, solidarity and openness. If we were 100 years ago we would not be talking about spirituality but about politics, and 200 years ago we would be joining the Napoleonic army to demonstrate our virility in a cavalry charge, or chasing slaves. 

The human mechanism is of enormous, cosmic proportions. It is a movement in one direction, life always is. seeks greater complexity in its creation, perfect harmony at the highest possible level, but total destruction is always a possibility.

Mhmm. Sounds like something I could agree on, yea.