YogiRoamer

Forum software improvement - add reactions buttons to comments

9 posts in this topic

One major problem with this forum is that when one looks at a thread, it's hard for him to pick out which comments have real value and therefore worth reading.

If you read for example thedaobums.com (example thread), you'd notice that some comments have reactions, these are usually the high quality ones worth reading.

Same mechanism was also true for the old rooshvforum (before Roosh became Christian and wiped it out), it was very easy to sift for high quality comments, so browsing it was joyful.

Let's face it, in a given thread, at least 50% of the comments are low quality and not worth reading.

So I suggest we have something like that in this forum to increase its readability and utility. We don't need a full set of reactions, a single like button for each comment and something like "xx, yy and zz liked this" should add a lot of value.

I should probably tag @Leo Gura on this.

Edited by YogiRoamer
leo

Lmao. Nope. 

My name is Reena Gerlach and I'm a woman of few words. 

Posted (edited)

@YogiRoamer We used to have that. I removed it because it meant that people were judging posts based on social proof, not on the merits of the content. And people would also chase after likes.

It's better if you actually read the content and make up your own mind.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Got it. I thought about that aspect too, that's the major problem of Reddit.

Once you're on the forum for a while you get a grasp pretty quickly whose posts not to read if they're more than two lines long or skip entirely lmao

Recently Tamed Feral Buddhist Critter                   Restful Cube        

We already have such a reaction feature in the forum of a little blue flag :$

I wrote a post some time ago about possible imrpovements for Actualized.org Forum

1. CSS and Visual Design: The aesthetics of our webpage, though nostalgic, would benefit to have a more fresh, sharp, and beautiful appearance. Talking nerdy, an updated CSS, and visual design would not only make the forum more visually appealing but also enhance user engagement. Infusing with love and care all dimensions of the forum.
  2. Emojis and Expression: Emojis have become a part of online communication. Updating the emoji set to more contemporary options would add a touch of modernity and expressivity. Although I would like the old emojis to stay available just for nostalgia.
  3. Mobile Compatibility: In an era where smartphones are an everyday reality, ensuring a good experience for mobile users is crucial. Addressing compatibility issues and optimizing the forum for mobile devices would undoubtedly improve accessibility and user satisfaction. I mean we all have used the forum with the phone is not the cleanest experience. Maybe for a long term plan, making an App could be something to consider; depending on your vision for Actualized.org , your teachings, and the large scale impact you want to make in Humanity.
  4. Opportunity for Leo's Branding: Beyond the forum, consider extending these improvements to your Blog, the Actualized.org webpage, and the Store for the courses. This could create a more cohesive and professional online presence, benefiting both you and the community. I think it comes without saying the diverse benefits that this investiment would produce.

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

3 minutes ago, Davino said:

2.  Emojis and Expression: Emojis have become a part of online communication. Updating the emoji set to more contemporary options would add a touch of modernity and expressivity. Although I would like the old emojis to stay available just for nostalgia.

I’m surprised that I don’t simply use the emojis my phone provides more often, but now I’m considering it! 🤷

Can you see this emoji? 🤨 

1 hour ago, Davino said:

1. Emojis and Expression: Emojis have become a part of online communication. Updating the emoji set to more contemporary options would add a touch of modernity and expressivity. Although I would like the old emojis to stay available just for nostalgia.

Emojis have recently been specifically banned from thread titles

Recently Tamed Feral Buddhist Critter                   Restful Cube