Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tboy

The Root Solution to Caring What other people Think of You?

9 posts in this topic

Could we also call the video 'The Root Solution to People Pleasing and Loneliness,' just the root solution to caring what other people think of you or how to stop caring what people think of you? 

Maybe I'm making an obvious point here but I just wanted to be sure I'm not self-deceived in some way. I practice the satisfaction meditation 30 minutes 6 days a week, 7 when I can and I think I'm going to start practicing it for a lot longer and do it 7 days a week because I'm starting to see how powerful it is. From the Life Purpose course, the top question that is most fascinating to me in life is What would my life be like if I didn't care at all what other people think of me? (how would I be expressing myself, who would still be in my life if that was the case... etc.). This meditation and healing my main traumas appear to be clear paths to answering that question.

perhaps psychedelics can help with as well but I'm only just starting out with those right now

Connect with those who genuinely care about you.

I AM a toy

14 minutes ago, Tboy said:

perhaps psychedelics can help with as well but I'm only just starting out with those right now

If you are starting your own business, the exact opposite is needed, same with politics. You can only really focus on this if you choose to be a bachelor. So think long and hard about this. Also don't overdo it, you do need to care at some level about how people feel or you will be an asshole. The main point of that video and messages like it, is to not tie your value or self-worth to the opinions of other people, but it is not meant for you to ignore the complaints or opinions of other people. Sometimes people can point out when you are overdoing or underdoing something. 

So contemplate on that as well.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

Oh no of course, I didn't mean have no social intelligence and be completely insensitive to others, I just meant the not basing my self worth on their opinions of me part. That's what I mean by not caring what people think. 

11 minutes ago, Tboy said:

Oh no of course, I didn't mean have no social intelligence and be completely insensitive to others, I just meant the not basing my self worth on their opinions of me part. That's what I mean by not caring what people think. 

The solution is easy, become your biggest fan. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

right and this meditation kind of does that no? 

You just make up what people think about you. Make up that they love you. Then you can stop.

Edited by Hojo

3 hours ago, Tboy said:

Could we also call the video 'The Root Solution to People Pleasing and Loneliness,' just the root solution to caring what other people think of you or how to stop caring what people think of you? 

Maybe I'm making an obvious point here but I just wanted to be sure I'm not self-deceived in some way. I practice the satisfaction meditation 30 minutes 6 days a week, 7 when I can and I think I'm going to start practicing it for a lot longer and do it 7 days a week because I'm starting to see how powerful it is. From the Life Purpose course, the top question that is most fascinating to me in life is What would my life be like if I didn't care at all what other people think of me? (how would I be expressing myself, who would still be in my life if that was the case... etc.). This meditation and healing my main traumas appear to be clear paths to answering that question.

There are no others, you imagine the others. Moreover, you imagine others thinking of you and "you". Long sitting meditation is must to realize it. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."