Awomanaware

Stopping Breathing During Meditation

4 posts in this topic

I've found it to be a very beautiful experience, when it happens, I feel like I can go without breath for ages, I don't feel any discomfort at all, but I start breathing again because I get confused (or maybe scared?). Has anyone experienced it before? Could it be dangerous for our health? Thank you for sharing :)

I have experienced the exact same thing!

I feel like there really is nothing for a brief moment but then I ask myself is it because my brain does not have enough oxygen? It always occurs before I take additional breath.

Thank you for asking and would also like to hear more about this :)

you are stretching your sense of time, entering timelessness. 

It is normal that you don't need to breath as much. But then you get scared at the thought of not breathing. 
You have to be comfortable in letting go of time, in letting things get slower. 

You'll notice that your awareness doesn't get ''slower'' or ''faster'', your awareness is separate from time and space, or better said above it. 

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

@Morten  Exactly. In my case, this type of situation often appears when I meditate after doing a yoga session (ashtanga). In case someone is not familiar with ashtanga, the most important thing in the whole practice is focusing on the breath itself ("ujjayi breath"). Especially on days when I feel really grounded and when I manage to be fully present in my body during the yoga practice, leaving my monkey mind behind. But I've experienced it also without doing yoga.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                @Arkandeus Love the way you put in corelation awareness and time. It's exactly how I feel when that happens, it's like my higher self feels it's in its natural habitat, but then my lower self kicks in mostly concerned about my health, but I guess that's just another concept in my head, another fear.