Yali

"Trump is a Christian. A good, honest man."

11 posts in this topic

How can someone be so delusional?

When @Leo Gura says people live in their own reality, he isn't wrong. 

Edited by Yali

This may be true from a certain angle.
There is no objective reality.

The devil is in the details.

@Schizophonia 

Realities, however subjective they are, aren't always equal. So, I think you and I wouldn't want to live in those kinds of realities.

Mans just wanted to promote his new kicks 😢😔🙏

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

Is this video Ai generated? Wth

Recently Tamed Feral Buddhist Critter                   Restful Cube        

If he's a Christian, well that's on him. The Lord Himself said we're all sinners. 

Isn't the capacity of our minds to bullshit ourselves to survive impressive. 

18 hours ago, Understander said:

@Schizophonia 

Realities, however subjective they are, aren't always equal. So, I think you and I wouldn't want to live in those kinds of realities.

There is infinite potential for subjectivity.
I see very well how Trump can be a good man.
Even so-called atrocious people like Hitler are profoundly good from a certain point of view.

Whatever. 

The devil is in the details.

8 hours ago, Jannes said:

Isn't the capacity of our minds to bullshit ourselves to survive impressive. 

It is definitely amazing. But it only works that well if you don't value truth. The level you value truth will determine how easy or hard it is to bullshit yourself. The one rule to create a smooth life is to only allow people who value truth access to you. The more untruthful the person the more upheaval they will add to your life.

You could surround yourself with people like that as a spiritual practice, but you will only be able to do it temporarily. Circumstances will force those relationships to change as devilry cannot continue for too long unabated.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

A Christian is anybody who accepts Christ as Lord and Saviour.

However, this doesn't mean one is a good Christian. I suspect this applies to Trump. And most likely to many of his followers.