Butters

Behind Every Great Man Is a Great Woman

25 posts in this topic

If marriage is nonsense then this quote is nonsense too? What about Michelle Obama etc? 

You will always win this argument by pointing at someone's Mother. See, he or she is successful because of their mother, but in reality this is nonsense.

I think it goes both ways. A great woman ultimately needs a good man too. It's simply the way nature has intended for survival. 

Just a vapid platitude.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

57 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Just a vapid platitude.

A wise and supportive wife is an invaluable asset especially in old times.

"Say to the sheep in your secrecy when you intend to slaughter it, Today you are slaughtered and tomorrow I am.
Both of us will be consumed.

My blood and your blood, my suffering and yours is the essence that nourishes the tree of existence.'"

Let's say that it's easier to be motivated when you are well surrounded.

Edited by Schizophonia

The devil is in the details.

quote-behind-every-great-man-there-stands-a-great-woman-behind-every-great-woman-is-a-great-william-j-clinton-145-80-95.jpg

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

2 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

A wise and supportive wife is an invaluable asset especially in old times.

So was a donkey.

Edited by Leo Gura

Birds of a feather flock together 

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

@Butters I don't think marriage is necessary here.

But in general there is some truth to this statement. With the caveat that it's also important who the man is, who attracts this woman to his life to begin with. And what he makes out of the great or not so great partner.

In general living with a woman will make you ditch some things. For example, playing video games all the time, watching TV, in general being lazy. Most women will not tolerate this behaviour in the long or even short run.

Because a woman needs to see that you are working on yourself or doing something with your life.

That's the first thing. From here it can go on kinda like this:

A: She has a bad influence, for example (she might be afraid she can't keep you, so) she makes you stop going to the gym, gives you bad food or even drugs. On the other hand a woman like this might also makes you spend substantial amount of money on her and she wants stupid stuff. Like clothes, bags, fancy restaurants etc.

B: She has a positive influence, for example she might be pushing you towards your highes goals. She sees you are fine doing X but she knows you could be even better at Y (which also aligns with your and her values). She encourages you to stay healthy, does workouts with you. She likes to eat healthy, so you both enjoy healthy meals together. When it comes to money she rather spends it on education and advancing her career. Or she just doesn't need so much money, so you are free to invest it into your business/career etc.

I think you should never underplay the role to which you will be shaped by what your partner / the opposite sex expects from you. That's why it is very important to choose the right partner.

Edited by universe

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Just a vapid platitude.

Oh, not so fast.

Genetics are in fact an advantage and those come from "a great woman," and access to sex would make a man more productive. (By which I can only mean a hypothetical where the opportunity-lack was lifted.)

"Jesus in His love and mercy for me let me know who He really was. He is God who is born to be the Man, Jesus. Jesus was specifically born so that He could die because God is eternal and He cannot die, He had no beginning and He has no end. We have been separated from a relationship with God because of our sin."

This person here is misguided, but at least not a repressed sadistic killer trying to let out his frustrations by attempting murder through psychological torture the way that is characteristic specifically of the decrepit and completely incurable of those who believe in non-duality and Christianity. But don't be fooled, man is sinless by default. You are thrown into this reality without being told anything, that much can never be taken away by any ideologue.

Obviously there are benefits to having a good woman. So what? Too obvious to mention. There's also a bunch of downsides.

Edited by Leo Gura

I personally have been way more productive in other areas of life ever since I got a girlfriend. Before I was not able to focus seriously on anything else besides chasing.

Also it feels way more fullfilling growing the relationship and going through hardships together. 

Edited by Andrey

6 hours ago, universe said:

On the other hand a woman like this might also makes you spend substantial amount of money on her and she wants stupid stuff. Like clothes, bags, fancy restaurants etc.

These aren't stupid stuff in general. They are only irrelevant to people who can't afford them.

6 hours ago, universe said:

That's why it is very important to choose the right partner.

The right partner that compliments YOU as the individual.

Know thyself....

37 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

These aren't stupid stuff in general. They are only irrelevant to people who can't afford them.

Ehm ok. Some clothing is fine I guess. I actually wish my gf would want me to buy more cloth for her ;)
But who am I to judge...

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

There's also a bunch of downsides.

@Leo Gura

What is the biggest downside for you?

For me personally is time and energy that could go to other areas. As well as a concern that it may affect my Awakening unfolding, in some way.

The former, I see it as an investment. The latter is something we have worked through for years and she is very supportive of my path now. Providing healthy and loving anchoring in difficult awakenings, like solipsism. She also had her first awakenings some years ago and is curious to work on that, when the right time comes for her. However, I've had a bee in my bonnet about Awakening and romantic relationships and whether if that is compatible in the long run. I would like to hear your thoughts on it. I have done the work and we've talk about this dozens of times because she knows what I would pick. So we both wanna make it work in this regard and we are just doing it the best we can. What advice would you give me?

Regarding this topic, you are almost 40, do you see the rest of your life living by yourself?

I'm also very solitary so I empathise with you, I have always enjoyed being by myself. What is the role of being alone in the process of Awakening? How does that impact your human self? I'm talking in the long run, as by this time you have surely seen the bigger picture of the unfoldment in both sides. What advice would you give to your past self regarding this matter?

Hope you can  see these are honest questions of me trying to figure out how I want the next chapters of my life to be

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

Having a family and 5 kids surely will have an impact in the Awakening journey. Maybe a partner no kids and some pets is a sweet spot.

This post reminded me of this classic.

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus