MellowEd

How do you know what is right and wrong?

22 posts in this topic

Hitler thought  that his ways were right. 

@MellowEd You don't easily do that, that is why accepting and listening to a wise person's wisdom who definitely has lived more life than you and is more mature and also reading ancient texts and ancient wisdom from the past is of great help to develop an eye of discernment 

Also praying to God to help you realise right and wrong would be of great help and significance 

My Prayers for you and all of us in the world to see right from wrong with clarity in every moment

Much Love my friend❤️

Edited by Atb210201

Rationality is Stupidity, Love is Rationality

@MellowEd profound question 👍

Honestly this question can be answered by stage blue in SD as simply by obeying the religious laws ..social conditioning and family and community values etc.

From stage orange perspective..right and wrong are relative ..it was right 1000 years ago to have sex slaves ..nowadays its wrong.  So who or what determine right and wrong ?

I would say your intuition and gut feeling. That's the only moral compass . You know it by how it feels .

If you rape a child you will feel guilty and regretful afterwards . If you feed a hungry homeless kitten you will feel noble and happy afterwards. 

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

7 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Honestly this question can be answered by stage blue in SD as simply by obeying the religious laws ..social conditioning and family and community values etc.

From stage orange perspective..right and wrong are relative ..it was right 1000 years ago to have sex slaves ..nowadays its wrong.  So who or what determine right and wrong ?

I would say your intuition and gut feeling. That's the only moral compass . You know it by how it feels .

If you rape a child you will feel guilty and regretful afterwards . If you feed a hungry homeless kitten you will feel noble and happy afterwards. 

Amen My brother you wrote it beautifully 🙏✨️

Edited by Atb210201

Rationality is Stupidity, Love is Rationality

46 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Nice. Even though feelings can be deceiving too. The heart knows best.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

44 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

Nice. Even though feelings can be deceiving too. The heart knows best.

Why do you have such a strong sense of right and wrong written on your heart. Are there any consequences by doing evil ? 

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

No one enjoy to be enslaved. The slave owner knows it's wrong. Only someone with moral perfection would be fit to judge. 

Anything that is Disempowering to Life, War, Famine, Climate Change since it is not only about Humans, its about killing other life forms too, Rape, Murder (killing itself is neither right or wrong, sometimes one may have to Kill, its the Intention behind the action that matters, but murder for profit or revenge or personal gain is disempowering towards Life), Slavery, Repression of the Masses, Over Killing of Wildlife and Plant/Tree Life, insects too. If all the worms were to die tomorrow all life would be doomed, if all Humans died tomorrow the world would be just fine...

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

31 minutes ago, MellowEd said:

Why do you have such a strong sense of right and wrong written on your heart. Are there any consequences by doing evil ? 

No one enjoy to be enslaved. The slave owner knows it's wrong. Only someone with moral perfection would be fit to judge. 

There is no right or wrong sense written anywhere. It's not about what's right or wrong, it is about what is the case. Your heart knows what's right for YOU. It is not just there to keep you alive, it is life itself and you are Life. 

What's right for me could be wrong for you and vice versa. There's no morality or immorality with the Absolute. Life is an empty canvas there for you to paint your heart's desires. So listen to it because it never steers you wrong. 

Know thyself....

12 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

There is no right or wrong sense written anywhere. It's not about what's right or wrong, it is about what is the case. Your heart knows what's right for YOU. It is not just there to keep you alive, it is life itself and you are Life. 

What's right for me could be wrong for you and vice versa. There's no morality or immorality with the Absolute. Life is an empty canvas there for you to paint your heart's desires. So listen to it because it never steers you wrong. 

Everyone knows it is wrong to commit cold blooded murder. It is written on every human heart. God created life it is intelligently designed. God is not nothing or in a coma. He is well aware of everything. 

1 hour ago, MellowEd said:

Everyone knows it is wrong to commit cold blooded murder. It is written on every human heart. God created life it is intelligently designed. God is not nothing or in a coma. He is well aware of everything. 

Ok, whatever you say..

Know thyself....

7 hours ago, MellowEd said:

Hitler thought  that his ways were right. 

It's relative and consensual here in this dream.   We have to agree on what is right and wrong so that we can maintain a civil society.  But with Absolute Truth such a duality is forced to collapse.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

simply listening to your inner voice. But maybe it'll tell you to take a katana and go to the center of the city to behead people, and then do harakiri. 

59 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

simply listening to your inner voice. But maybe it'll tell you to take a katana and go to the center of the city to behead people, and then do harakiri. 

How do you know that the voices in your head are yours and not from an demonic entity ? 

2 hours ago, MellowEd said:

How do you know that the voices in your head are yours and not from an demonic entity ? 

Doesn't matter, there is not another option than listening to yourself. When there is a clear desire in you, there is and that's it. If you repress it you are repressing your life.

You make it up. Society is based on implicit agreements. Many times they're useful and conducive to a more functional collective survival.

Are galaxies collapsing with each other wrong? And stars exploding?

Edited by UnbornTao

Right and wrong requires a bias. Right and wrong are essentially constructs. But, there are higher quality constructs that can be embodied. Such as love, truth, respecting of others, etc 

There is no right or wrong for say… but, there are principles and ways of living that are conducive to peaceful, healthy and loving relating to people, ourselves and our environment. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

14 hours ago, MellowEd said:

you too will commit cold blooded murder and justify it as being perfectly right

when you meet the hitlers and the stalins in your life, you will be proud to stand up and murder for god country children and king

there's boatloads of people in your life right now who deserve a good murdering and this is just with your limited field of operation

and you will do it too or will excuse yourself and murder them by proxy, letting another push the button so as not to make you quite as guilty

your life is too coddled and you haven't gone deeply enough

murder is i deserve to be alive more than you do so please don't stand in my way or else

those out there masquerading as non-murderers is what we should look at

Everything you do out of love (truth impulse) is right. 

Everything you do out of fear (egoic self grasping) is wrong. 

If you act out of love, you can't help but be of service to truth and all life. You can't help but feel one with the one in front of you. You can't help but feel intense fulfilment. 

If you act out of fear. You are in service to illusions and ignorance. You won't be able to escape the dreadful feeling of suffering and suffocation of the heart. And you will feel lost and isolated from others. 

Edited by Salvijus

If you identify with the body, self esteem issues will be inevitable. 

5 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

You make it up. Society is based on implicit agreements. Many times they're useful and conducive to a more functional collective survival.

I would argue that society is full of coercive explicit agreements that we’ve just been conditioned to accept as the only way to communicate.

4 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

I would argue that society is full of coercive explicit agreements that we’ve just been conditioned to accept as the only way to communicate.

Sure. Seems to be the case, too. For example, you're rarely valued by who you are but by what you do. Not only communicate, but also think, emote and behave. We can consider new possibilities, but generally there's an interesting phenomenon in which we take culture to be real, but it's not. It's agreed upon and made up. 

Another example: in our culture, when another culture practices cannibalism, we relegate that to the domain of sickness, which is quite arrogant. The implicit assumption is that whatever we consider culture to be is real and the right way to go about survival, with room for some variations (while we eat pork and goat, not dogs, say, the Chinese do, etc.)

Cultures are ways we've come up with to survive as a collective; it doesn't have to be a certain way except by mutual agreement. It can be more or less functional and intelligent, but as itself it is not real or true.

There's some rambling.