Danioover9000

Why is Eminem G.O.A.T?(greatest of all time)

47 posts in this topic

I think it's actually a great question most in Hip Hop culture, black culture, and rap culture really don't question seriously. They talk of philosophical rap, yet they don't do any philosophical thinking or question the epistemology, metaphysics, and psychology of WHY Eminem is considered the GOAT?

These Emcees above gave their opinion on why Eminem's goat, but I felt like they're withholding or not going into deconstructing why. Even with Busta Rhymes, when he did a collab with Eminem on this song Calm Down: Did you know that Busta Rhymes and Eminem were exchanging back and forths with their writing and verses?

Interesting the man himself doesn't actually say why he's really the greatest Emcee ever, but differs and even deflects to reactors or breakdown Channels analyzing his lyrics and bars.

So IMO, why Eminem is the greatest is his mastery of cadence flows and cadence switches, especially this staccato rhythms of 6-7 beats, like he's a drummer. That's one technical factor on why in terms of skill of rapping, and lyrical patterning with musical patterns he's a GOAT. Another factor is his musical talent and musical senses, albeit he still hasn't got good hooks and choruses as he differs to a feature to do that, or a remixer. Obviously to me the bigger factor in all this is the marketing and promotion ploys by Dt. Dre, Eminem making that Slim Shady persona to say shocking and controversial takes of celebrities, politics, and extremely dark story telling, greatest being that he's white. Obviously no avoiding this, he's white in a predominantly black demographic, using some of the black culture's music quite well, meanwhile capitalism as an ideology allowed him to 'cut in line' or go ahead of the cue, plus the white male suburban teens all flocked to him and made many purchases of his music.

What do you guy's think? Am I somewhat right or wrong in my take? 

A very interesting take:

Edited by Danioover9000

19 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

A very interesting take:

OK, so the guy believes that most modern genres of music (rock, punk, metal, etc.) only exist because of black people.

He than says that Eminem is a good rapper, but definitely not the best by far and that everyone that says Eminem is the best must be racist.

In my opinion, a lot of white people prefer Eminem not because he is white, but because they can identify with him. His song are also much easier to remember compared to most other rappers.

Edited by FourCrossedWands

Cuz he wrote Without Me

And Lose Yourself

But low key, Kendrick is the greatest of all time 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I'd say it depends on what type of rapper you identify with the most. Objectively, you could argue he's the GOAT because he's the best selling rapper. For me it's because of his voice.

Edited by meta_male

Eminem = the greatest rapper of all time?

Pffff, get the f*** outta here. Anyone who knows anything about rap music knows that Vanilla Ice is the G.O.A.T. No ifs, whens and buts about it.

2Q==.jpg

Basically he's best all-round rapper he's pretty much does aspect of rap to the top level and some it to higher than all others, but the reason he blew up so much is his fuck you take on everything. He didn't submit to anyone in his raps, he's the most uncensored rapper, that's why people love him. 

I guess you could say in essence he's the rapper that's most in-line with truth, that's why people resonate with him so much and why he's the goat. He says it how it is, and he's never let anyone change that about himself.

But in terms of technical ability, yes he is one of the best EVER. However he himself has admitted that are other battle rappers and stuff that are way more barred up than him. They just lack in lot of other departments, whereas he doesn't.

*also because he's selfless, all he wants is for rap to expand and grow, to help up and coming artists. I think this is rare in music in general. Most celebrities are assholes.

Edited by Francis777

He might not be the best but I think between him and Ludacris they are the most creative.

Know thyself....

@Danioover9000 how do you rate music to be murdered by out of ten? I'm curious as I think this is arguably one his best albums but seems to the most slept on just because of how popular his old stuff is.

Also, what other rapper can speak in tongues?

@meta_male

6 hours ago, meta_male said:

I'd say it depends on what type of rapper you identify with the most. Objectively, you could argue he's the GOAT because he's the best selling rapper. For me it's because of his voice.

I definitely agree, on specifically the cadence switches, rap flow, especially word play, and good use of multisyllabic rhyme schemes he's great. Still don't understand his beef with Christopher Reeves or even Michael Jackson though, like WTF?!🤣

54 minutes ago, meta_male said:

Also, what other rapper can speak in tongues?

I also agree here, he can do accents and has good musical senses as well. Nice freestyle, similar to how I freestyle, albeit not as crisp or clean, sometimes off beat, I like to do it acapella, can definitely go crazy, and I do love his word plays and how he'll take it to any direction, just for me can't sustain a faster pacing to my freestyles.

@Francis777

1 hour ago, Francis777 said:

@Danioover9000 how do you rate music to be murdered by out of ten? I'm curious as I think this is arguably one his best albums but seems to the most slept on just because of how popular his old stuff is.

That's a very good question, at least for me it'll have to be above a a7/10 because there are other albums I do prefer, and some songs not covered in Music To Be Murdered By. Obviously just IMO Revival is vile, like I get the message and it's good, but goofy features and goofy lyrics to music relationship, easily the weakest album in Eminem's catalog and he can't say anything about that, he can't even diss me about it cuz he knows I'm right, it's just meh and maybe it's meh because he wasn't taking meds or meth or whatever that allowed him to be Slim Shady.

@Thought Art

6 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Cuz he wrote Without Me

And Lose Yourself

But low key, Kendrick is the greatest of all time 

I agree, partly why Eminem's a GOAT is also the factor of him being a pop artist too, and knowing some good marketing as well. I was more focused on as a Rapper why he's GOAT. Also Kendrick I agree he'd be up there with say Little Wayne and Nas for me.

So...who has the best verse on Forever? Eminem or Little Wayne?

@Princess Arabia

3 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

He might not be the best but I think between him and Ludacris they are the most creative.

I agree, I have a similar take a feel towards Eminem at this point.

@Francis777

5 hours ago, Francis777 said:

Basically he's best all-round rapper he's pretty much does aspect of rap to the top level and some it to higher than all others, but the reason he blew up so much is his fuck you take on everything. He didn't submit to anyone in his raps, he's the most uncensored rapper, that's why people love him. 

I guess you could say in essence he's the rapper that's most in-line with truth, that's why people resonate with him so much and why he's the goat. He says it how it is, and he's never let anyone change that about himself.

But in terms of technical ability, yes he is one of the best EVER. However he himself has admitted that are other battle rappers and stuff that are way more barred up than him. They just lack in lot of other departments, whereas he doesn't.

*also because he's selfless, all he wants is for rap to expand and grow, to help up and coming artists. I think this is rare in music in general. Most celebrities are assholes.

I actually agree with this, definitely some battle rappers could have harder hitting bars. For example, most don't know Lunar C, but here in the UK he's extremely vicious in the battle rap scene, extremely brutal with his bars and straight up curses at you, a IDGAF attitude through and through while clowning on a rapper. I can't even link him here cuz I'd definitely get a warning for very graphic violent lyrics!🤣

16 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

Still don't understand his beef with Christopher Reeves or even Michael Jackson though, like WTF?!🤣

He's just picking on them, good names to rhyme with I guess 😆

Here's another good example of what I mean. Disclaimer dark subject matter, maybe there's another version of this in YouTube but IMO hell of a masterpiece, got every element of Hip Hop down, and definitely an Emcee and should have been top 10 artists, definitely a GOAT:

I definitely suggest the Vevo version for visual themes and metaphors, it's deep and hits the bigger picture of things covered in Actualized.org.

Of course, a reactor called Knox Hill has proclaimed the title 'Clout Cobain' as his own, as a diss track to Benzino, with no mention or attribution to Denzel Curry, due to the drama between Eminem and Benzino dissing each other, and the drama between Benzino and Cliff Beats:

I may have to make a thread to discuss this issue, it's just ridiculous on a moral and ethical level.

@Danioover9000 Denzles's hard af, I initially dismissed his music for along time before properly listening to him, purely because I perceived him as "too emo" for me, I feel like a lot of people do this the first time they hear him. But after properly listening to his stuff, his beat production is amazing, lyrically he's got bars, flow AND substance.

sirenz feat. JID goes crazy, pure emotion.

Edited by Francis777

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Francis777

I actually agree with this, definitely some battle rappers could have harder hitting bars. For example, most don't know Lunar C, but here in the UK he's extremely vicious in the battle rap scene, extremely brutal with his bars and straight up curses at you, a IDGAF attitude through and through while clowning on a rapper. I can't even link him here cuz I'd definitely get a warning for very graphic violent lyrics!🤣

lol

If Eminem is so great why did Arcadefire with best album for The Suburbs and not Eminem’s Recovery?

I think this means Arcadefire is the GOAT. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"