TheEnigma

What's it like to have lots of consciousness?

58 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, James123 said:

What is god?

The only thing You've ever known in your life.

Just now, Sincerity said:

The only thing You've ever known in your life.

Find yourself in the body, I will give you a thousand dollar.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

Just now, James123 said:

Find yourself in the body, I will give you a thousand dollar.

Point to somewhere where You are not. :)

12 minutes ago, Sincerity said:

I really don't understand how some of You people here deny "deeper awakenings"... Do You not believe in Infinity? I'm not sure whether You think/feel like You've reached the end/ceiling ("Buddha Nature"?) but I think that's rather unhumble. To deny the infinity of consciousness, it feels like a slap to the face of Reality... @Bazooka Jesus

The reason is when "one" is too fascinated with wave-surfing on the River/Ocean (Awakening n+1), that "one" (separate-self arisings) prevents the Realization of being the Ocean. Of dropping into it and fully dissolving in it, as it. Or Enlightenment. 

Fascination with wave-surfing, or surfing/awakening to Infinity of consciousness exactly prevents the transcending of the last (very subtle) separate-self lenses/arisings/filters/centers. Because that arising of this fascination IS the last separate-self lense/arising/filter/element.

But to get tired of the fascination of wave-surfing, go wave-surfing. Its absolutely fine, since for most that is exactly what is necessary to get tired of it.

Selling wave-surfing-by-the-River-to-get-tired-of-it

Edited by Water by the River

How conscious are you?

Let's do an EXAM!

Many years ago Leo recommended the following exercises as handy tool for self-assesment.

So the exam begins Now! There are 30 Questions or Facets in the video.

Please grab a paper and a pencil. 

Question: Have I awoken to ............?

From 0 to 10 how deeply have I awoken to ............?

(For reference take 0 as nothing and 10 as the facet you have awoken more deeply to. As our personal experience is all we have and this is in the end for ourselves. Let's say you are a pro of no-self, your favourite facet, then that becomes your upper limit and contrast it with other facets like love for example. This is helpful and reduces self-bias and deception)

I have experienced this facet in agregate with ............

(Facets shine light onto each others and having awakenings to different facets simultaneously opens up another whole game. Maybe you awoke to love and to intelligence but you are lacking the intelligence in love and the love in intelligence. This goes on with agregates of 3 facets, 4 facets and so on)

Extra points: Have you discovered more facets to Awakening?

Good luck! Please report your results

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

7 minutes ago, Water by the River said:

The reason is when "one" is too fascinated with wave-surfing on the River/Ocean (Awakening n+1), that "one" (separate-self arisings) prevents the Realization of being the Ocean. Of dropping into it and fully dissolving in it, as it. Or Enlightenment. 

Fascination with wave-surfing, or surfing/awakening to Infinity of consciousness exactly prevents the transcending of the last (very subtle) separate-self lenses/arisings/filters/centers. Because that arising of this fascination IS the last separate-self lense/arising/filter/element.

But to get tired of the fascination of wave-surfing, go wave-surfing. Its absolutely fine, since for most that is exactly what is necessary to get tired of it.

Selling wave-surfing-by-the-River-to-get-tired-of-it

I don't believe in no full dissolvement. Sorry for harsh wording, but I think it's foolish to ever think You've reached the end or "Enlightenment". Again, to me it's denying Infinity and disbelief in God, which is sad (genuinely). To all people saying this I'd love to reply:

:P

I do sense though that I will "reach" Enlightenment eventually, although then there will no one to tell it to, no mouth to speak it and no memory of even "reaching" it, so...

None of You here "reached" it though because we're still interacting, so let's not bullshit ourselves.

20 minutes ago, Sincerity said:

Point to somewhere where You are not. :)

Everywhere, I am not. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

25 minutes ago, Sincerity said:

really don't understand how some of You people here deny "deeper awakenings"...

Not denying, just saying that they are irrelevant. awakening in the sense of realizing something is interesting, but it doesn't really matter. What is important to not have a miserable life trapped in a mental prison is total openness to your true nature. This is not realizing something, it is (sorry for the poetic license) letting the flame of existence consume you and becoming the flame. then what you are comes to the surface as it is not blocked by the entire mental structure, and there is nothing more to know. nothing else is necessary, everything is that, that's it, it's reality. knowing something is at the level of structure, it is not something negative, it is simply something interesting, but not fundamental

2 minutes ago, James123 said:

Everywhere, I am not. 

I am, I am not...

Most people on this forum would leave spirituality if spirituality became mainstream. Most of us on this forum are here because our personality is a about going against what other people think. We speak about consciousness because it is something outside of the box. We are such personality, force of this society. We just use this force on each other even on this thread, for example this is why people are not serious in this thread, and not working for something together but showing outside of the box of the outside of box. There can be only one satan at one place.

21 minutes ago, Water by the River said:

I mean, what do the Zen/Chan guys know? They only did "it" for millenia...

I don't know what they know but I'll go on a limb and say it's not complete. I'll rather believe in Infinity than some humans knowing "It"... (if they know it it's not It)

So little faith in Infinity around here. ☹️

Edited by Sincerity

7 minutes ago, Sincerity said:

I don't know what they know but I'll go on a limb and say it's not complete. I'll rather believe in Infinity than some humans knowing It...

So little faith in Infinity around here. ☹️

The infinity you believe in that assumes ever deeper awakenings is a concept, not actual infinity.

28 minutes ago, josemar said:

The infinity you believe in that assumes ever deeper awakenings is a concept, not actual infinity.

What I mean by believing in Infinity is believing in the infinite infinity of Infinity. Something You cannot be conscious of due to never being beyond what You are at the current moment, but You still have faith. I believe such faith is very important, it's the basis for true humility and further "growth" in consciousness.

If You wanna believe in a finite infinity, be my guest.

36 minutes ago, Sincerity said:

I'll rather believe in Infinity than some humans knowing "It"...

1 hour ago, Sincerity said:

It is easy to know infinity, you just have to realize the absence of limits, then you know what infinity is: infinity, or everything, or nothing in the sense that its unknowable, you cant grasp it

3 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

It is easy to know infinity, you just have to realize the absence of limits, then you know what infinity is: infinity, or everything, or nothing in the sense that its unknowable, you cant grasp it

To me that's more like knowledge of Infinity, not knowing It. Yeah, that's relatively easy I guess.

Edited by Sincerity

Your all wasting Your time trying to discuss things like Infinity, God, and such lofty concepts which is what they are, how can You explain or describe something beyond physicality, beyond boundaries, unknowable things? 

Its a waste of time, but does great on this forum because its all a theory or concept which seems to be popular here,,,but its entertaining:)

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

7 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

Your all wasting Your time trying to discuss things like Infinity, God, and such lofty concepts which is what they are, how can You explain or describe something beyond physicality, beyond boundaries, unknowable things? 

Its a waste of time, but does great on this forum because its all a theory or concept which seems to be popular here,,,but its entertaining:)

Well, outlook and approach matter. :) I think it's important to discuss, and some of the things I read here break my heart sometimes so I wanted to speak up.

2 minutes ago, Sincerity said:

Well, outlook and approach matter. :) I think it's important to discuss, and some of the things I read here break my heart sometimes so I wanted to speak up.

Are You Peaceful of Your own nature, every moment of everyday? If not work on that, then go from there,  This sort of thing is real, infinity is not real, God is not real, its just concepts implanted in our heads, just be Peaceful of Your own nature every moment, then go from there.. 

Talking, arguing about things like Infinity and God get you further away from Truth and Reality, because You get too trapped in conceptualizing, intellect, and thinking process, it also engages Your ego, false identities and such things...Infinity cannot be explained, even our concept that the universe is 13.5 billion years old (very large but finite) is not imaginable or understandable by our minds, intellect, current ways of thinking, so never mind infinity and so called God... 

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Just a thought…

Do you think that… Wanting to be as conscious as God, could hinder ones progress since wanting to be like that could have selfish egotistical motivations behind it? “I Want” or does the ego want… to be bigger, better? Seems to go against, dropping ones ego to attain higher perspective. 

Edited by Cosmic-Resplendence