Jannes

If sex were free would relationships deepen?

25 posts in this topic

On 2/2/2024 at 7:43 PM, Jannes said:

What do you mean by fucked up people and how would they abuse the system?

This whole thing would require me to dive much deeper into contemplation, which I don't have time for now.

But where my first intuition and thoughts are: there are lots of manipulative people out there. They would sneak their way into all sorts of abusive stuff.

Also, this whole system rewards the majority of guys who are way too weak and low in character development to deserve something like this.

Sex is an exchange of value. It is a matter of survival. We shouldnt go rewarding all these incels, black pillers and red pillers for their behaviour.

Finally, frankly I dont think that the majority of girls (especially on the top half in quality) would even be attracted to majority of the guys so this wouldn't even work.

Probably would shove into these guys' face even more as to how unwanted they are - which can lead to all sorts of resentment, hatred, rebellions and violence.

Connect with me on Instagram: instagram.com/miguetran

On 02/02/2024 at 8:06 PM, Jannes said:

I have a real life example for that. In Germany there is a super leftist sex positive club. People go (half) naked in there and there are tons of places to bang and people bang there all the time. Are clubs like these good or bad for society is what my post boils down to?

I believe that they can proliferate the spread of STDs, for one, but I don't see how free sex is inherently bad for society.

I think a bigger consequence of the society we live in today on relationships is the fact that we don't require relationships in order to survive like we used to do. We don't rely on our community directly so there is no reason to get married or form a deep intimate bonds beyond the pleasure of it. Most people are motivated by pain, so without necessity committed relationships decline, as you can see with the younger generations today. Cultural norms that emphasize pair bonding are arguably vestigial in the world we live in today.

@Miguel1 Thats still a lot, thanks!

Edit: 

I feel like when people burn through their karma their character develops. These incels, black pillers, red pillers wouldn't be that way when there was a society with easier access to sex I think. 

5 hours ago, Miguel1 said:

Also, this whole system rewards the majority of guys who are way too weak and low in character development to deserve something like this.

Sex is an exchange of value. It is a matter of survival. We shouldnt go rewarding all these incels, black pillers and red pillers for their behaviour.

Edited by Jannes

54 minutes ago, Basman said:

I believe that they can proliferate the spread of STDs, for one, but I don't see how free sex is inherently bad for society.

I think a bigger consequence of the society we live in today on relationships is the fact that we don't require relationships in order to survive like we used to do. We don't rely on our community directly so there is no reason to get married or form a deep intimate bonds beyond the pleasure of it. Most people are motivated by pain, so without necessity committed relationships decline, as you can see with the younger generations today. Cultural norms that emphasize pair bonding are arguably vestigial in the world we live in today.

Thats true. I just dont think it makes up happier. A deep connection is great but is something you have to work towards and if there are tons of easy options out of there it doesnt happen as easily.

Just like healthy food in the supermarket isnt picked by anyone although it is the best choice. (Bad analogy maybe: I dont think just sex is necessary is like candy just bad but it can be for many).

23 hours ago, Jannes said:

I feel like when people burn through their karma their character develops. These incels, black pillers, red pillers wouldn't be that way when there was a society with easier access to sex I think. 

It's a matter of balance and finding the sweet spot. Being spoiled also stunts development.

Connect with me on Instagram: instagram.com/miguetran