Buck Edwards

Soulmate

419 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Live Darshan - Siddhivinayak. 

Important mantras list - 

• Om gan Ganpati Namo Namah Shree Siddhivinayak Namo Namah. 
  • Har Har Shambhu Shiv Mahadeva 
  • Kala Bhairava chant by Sadhguru 

Edited by Buck Edwards

My name is Reena Gerlach and I'm a woman of few words. 

Posted (edited)

Trayalshul Nirman chidananda sandhu moha padhare

Nirakar. 

Sunetram vishelam. Brigadish Charmum preeyam prachandam paresham achandam koti Prakasham. Trayalshul bajhehum Bhavani. 

Kalpantakari. Chidananda sandhoha  moha padhare. Prasiddhi 

Edited by Buck Edwards

Posted (edited)

Rudrashtakam: Lyrics

This is a hymn mantra that is offered to Lord Rudra. Rudra is another form of Shiva. So it's offered to Shiva. An important hymn. It's called Rudrashtakam. 

Lyrics of this Mantra - 

A total of 8 stanzas or verses. 

Verse 1

Nama misha mishana-nirvana rupam vibhum vyapakam brahma-veda-svaroopam nijam nirgunam nirvikalpam niriham chidakasha makasha-vasam bhaje ham

Verse 2

nirakara monkara-moolam turiyam gira gnana gotita misham girisham karalam maha-kala-kalam krpalam gunagara samsara param nato ham

Verse 3

tusha radri-sankasha-gauram gabhiram manobhuta-koti prabha sri sariram sphuran mauli-kallolini-charu-ganga lasad-bhala-balendu kanthe bhujanga

Verse 4

chalatkundalam bhru sunetram visalam prasanna-nanam nila-kantham dayalam mrgadhisa charmambaram mundamalam priyam sankaram sarvanatham bhajami

Verse 5

pracandam prakrstam pragalbham paresham

akhandam ajam bhanukoti-prakasam

trayah-shula-nirmulanam shula-panim

bhaje ham bhavani-patim bhava-gamyam

Verse 6

kalatitata-kalyana-kalpanta-kari sada sajjana-nanda-data purarih chidananda-sandoha-mohapahari prasida praslda prabho manmatharih

Verse 7

na yavad umanatha-padaravindam bhajantiha loke pareva naranam na tavat-sukham shanti-santapa-nasham praslda prabho sarva bhuta-dhivasam

Verse 8

na janami yogam japam naiva pujam nato ham sada sarvada sambhu tubhyam jara janma-duhkhaugha tatapya manam prabho pahi apan-namamisha shambho

Edited by Buck Edwards

Posted (edited)

Meaning of the Rudrashtakam hymn or mantra. 

Purpose and Significance:
Devotees often recite Rudrashtakam to seek Lord Shiva’s blessings, particularly for removing obstacles, spiritual growth, and liberation (moksha). The hymn is commonly chanted during the auspicious month of Shravan and Maha Shivaratri, a major festival dedicated to Lord Shiva.

Meaning verse by verse. 

Verse 1

Nama misha mishana-nirvana rupam vibhum vyapakam brahma-veda-svaroopam nijam nirgunam nirvikalpam niriham chidakasha makasha-vasam bhaje ham

Meaning of individual lines. 

Nama misha mishana-nirvana rupam

Salutations to the one whose form is a blend of the mixed and the unmixed, who is the embodiment of liberation

vibhum vyapakam brahma-veda-svaroopam

Salutations to the one who is all-pervading, omnipresent, and the embodiment of the knowledge of the ultimate reality (Brahman).

nijam nirgunam nirvikalpam niriham

Salutations to the one who is self-existent, without qualities, without distinctions, and without ego or desire.

chidakasha makasha-vasam bhaje ham

I worship the one who resides in the space of consciousness and in all spaces

These lines express reverence and salutations to the divine, formless, omnipresent, and transcendent aspect of the ultimate reality, often associated with Lord Shiva. The lyrics convey the seeker’s devotion and recognition of the divine qualities beyond material existence.

Edited by Buck Edwards

Posted (edited)

Verse 2

nirakara monkara-moolam turiyam gira gnana gotita misham girisham karalam maha-kala-kalam krpalam gunagara samsara param nato ham

nirakara monkara-moolam turiyam

I bow to the formless and soundless, the root and source of all, the fourth state of consciousness.

gira gnana gotita misham girisham

Through the flow of wisdom in speech, I seek the blessings of the Lord of the mountains (Shiva).

karalam maha-kala-kalam krpalam

Fierce, the great Lord of Time, yet compassionate.

gunagara samsara param nato ham

I bow to the one who is the repository of virtues, beyond the cycle of birth and death

These lines express deep reverence and devotion to Lord Shiva, recognizing him as the formless source of all, the bestower of wisdom, the compassionate Lord of Time, and the one beyond the cycle of worldly existence. The lyrics convey the seeker’s surrender and acknowledgment of the divine qualities embodied by Lord Shiva.

Edited by Buck Edwards

Posted (edited)

Verse 3

tusha radri-sankasha-gauram gabhiram manobhuta-koti prabha sri sariram sphuran mauli-kallolini-charu-ganga lasad-bhala-balendu kanthe bhujanga

tusha radri-sankasha-gauram gabhiram

Resembling the deep white snow-clad mountain.

manobhuta-koti prabha sri sariram

Having a divine body radiating the auspiciousness beyond the reach of the mind, like millions of suns.

sphuran mauli-kallolini-charu-ganga

With the shining crescent moon on the head and the beautiful waves of the Ganga flowing gracefully.

lasad-bhala-balendu kanthe bhujanga

With a shining forehead, a youthful moon on the neck, and a serpent around the neck.

This verse describes the majestic and divine form of Lord Shiva, comparing him to a snow-clad mountain, radiating a divine glow beyond the comprehension of the mind. The verses also highlight symbolic elements like the crescent moon, the Ganga, and the snake, all associated with Lord Shiva’s divine attributes.

Edited by Buck Edwards

Posted (edited)

Verse 4

chalatkundalam bhru sunetram visalam prasanna-nanam nila-kantham dayalam mrgadhisa charmambaram mundamalam priyam sankaram sarvanatham bhajami

chalatkundalam bhru sunetram visalam

With moving earrings, broad beautiful eyebrows, and expansive, graceful eyes

prasanna-nanam nila-kantham dayalam

With a cheerful face, a blue throat (Shiva), and compassionate in nature.

mrgadhisa charmambaram mundamalam

The Lord of deer, wearing deer skin, and adorned with a garland of skulls.

priyam sankaram sarvanatham bhajami

I worship the beloved, auspicious Sankara, the Lord of all beings.

This verse depicts the divine and compassionate form of Lord Shiva, describing his physical attributes such as moving earrings, beautiful eyes, a cheerful face, a blue throat, and symbolic elements like wearing deer skin and a garland of skulls. The verse expresses the devotee’s reverence and worship of Lord Shiva.

Edited by Buck Edwards

Posted (edited)

Verse 5

Meaning of individual lines 

Fierce, excellent, extremely bold, and the Supreme Lord.

Indivisible, unborn, and radiant like billions of suns.

The uprooter of the three-fold suffering, holding the trident.

I worship the Lord of Bhavani (i.e. Shiva), the one who is attainable through devotion.

These lines describe Lord Shiva as the fierce and supreme deity, indivisible, unborn, radiant like billions of suns, and the uprooter of the three-fold suffering. The verse expresses the devotee’s worship and recognition of Shiva’s divine qualities.

Edited by Buck Edwards

Posted (edited)

Verse 6

kalatitata-kalyana-kalpanta-kari sada sajjana-nanda-data purarih chidananda-sandoha-mohapahari prasida praslda prabho manmatharih

kalatitata-kalyana-kalpanta-kari

Beyond the limits of time, the auspicious one who brings about the end of the cosmic cycle.

sada sajjana-nanda-data purarih

Always the giver of joy to the virtuous, and the destroyer of cities (demon Tripura).

chidananda-sandoha-mohapahari

The blissful consciousness, the blissful one, and the remover of delusion.

prasida praslda prabho manmatharih

The destroyer of Cupid (Lord of Love, referring to Shiva’s burning of Kama, the god of love).

These lines describe Lord Shiva as the timeless and auspicious one who brings about the end of cosmic cycles, the giver of joy to the virtuous, the blissful consciousness, and the remover of delusion. The verse also acknowledges Shiva as the destroyer of cities and Cupid. The devotee seeks Lord Shiva’s grace and blessings.

Edited by Buck Edwards

Posted (edited)

Verse 7

na yavad umanatha-padaravindam bhajantiha loke pareva naranam na tavat-sukham shanti-santapa-nasham praslda prabho sarva bhuta-dhivasam

na yavad umanatha-padaravindam

Not as long as the lotus feet of Umanatha (husband of Uma, i.e., Shiva).

bhajantiha loke pareva naranam

People in this world worship other things.

na tavat-sukham shanti-santapa-nasham

Not so much happiness, peace, or the destruction of agony.

praslda prabho sarva bhuta-dhivasam

O Lord, be pleased, the divine abode of all beings

These lines express the devotee’s devotion towards Lord Shiva, stating that true happiness, peace, and the end of agony are not attained until one worships the lotus feet of Umanatha (Shiva). The devotee seeks the grace of Lord Shiva, the divine abode of all beings.

Edited by Buck Edwards

Posted (edited)

Verse 8

na janami yogam japam naiva pujam nato ham sada sarvada sambhu tubhyam jara janma-duhkhaugha tatapya manam prabho pahi apan-namamisha shambho

na janami yogam japam naiva pujam

I do not know yoga, chanting, or worship.

nato ham sada sarvada sambhu tubhyam

I bow down to you always, everywhere, O Shambhu.

jara janma-duhkhaugha tatapya manam

Tormented by the mind due to the ocean of sorrows caused by old age and birth.

prabho pahi apan-namamisha shambho

O Lord Shambhu, protect me with a humble heart.

These lines express the devotee’s humility, acknowledging a lack of knowledge in various spiritual practices. The devotee seeks the protection of Lord Shambhu, recognizing the challenges and sorrows associated with old age and birth. The emphasis is on surrendering to the divine and seeking the grace of Lord Shiva.

ihiIo2D6w6Dk.jpg?o=1

csybzbowozMV.jpg?o=1

ZyKAX4pxb3UM.jpg?o=1

s2w9FsnFfd69.jpg?o=1

eCPv5gu1WVqz.jpg?o=1

YhZ9xj96KPLo.jpg?o=1

Mo9JHPHootOv.jpg?o=1

Nn33ymoTReni.jpg?o=1

6Asz9gaowBuu.jpg?o=1

giH5CcgygDXC.jpg?o=1

ywpY8SkaNJij.jpg?o=1

I7OwRiUTIj7E.jpg?o=1

sj9eZ56fwhxL.jpg?o=1

ZoaZiYU.jpeg

Edited by Buck Edwards

This journal is my shrine, my abode, my temple, my church. 

Posted (edited)

Meaning of the Rudrashtakam hymn or mantra. 

Purpose and Significance:
Devotees often recite Rudrashtakam to seek Lord Shiva’s blessings, particularly for removing obstacles, spiritual growth, and liberation (moksha). The hymn is commonly chanted during the auspicious month of Shravan and Maha Shivaratri, a major festival dedicated to Lord Shiva.

Meaning verse by verse. 

Verse 1

Nama misha mishana-nirvana rupam

Salutations to the one whose form is a blend of the mixed and the unmixed, who is the embodiment of liberation

vibhum vyapakam brahma-veda-svaroopam

Salutations to the one who is all-pervading, omnipresent, and the embodiment of the knowledge of the ultimate reality (Brahman).

nijam nirgunam nirvikalpam niriham

Salutations to the one who is self-existent, without qualities, without distinctions, and without ego or desire.

chidakasha makasha-vasam bhaje ham

I worship the one who resides in the space of consciousness and in all spaces

These lines express reverence and salutations to the divine, formless, omnipresent, and transcendent aspect of the ultimate reality, often associated with Lord Shiva. The lyrics convey the seeker’s devotion and recognition of the divine qualities beyond material existence.

YhZ9xj96KPLo.jpg?o=1

ihiIo2D6w6Dk.jpg?o=1

Verse 2

nirakara monkara-moolam turiyam

I bow to the formless and soundless, the root and source of all, the fourth state of consciousness.

gira gnana gotita misham girisham

Through the flow of wisdom in speech, I seek the blessings of the Lord of the mountains (Shiva).

karalam maha-kala-kalam krpalam

Fierce, the great Lord of Time, yet compassionate.

gunagara samsara param nato ham

I bow to the one who is the repository of virtues, beyond the cycle of birth and death

These lines express deep reverence and devotion to Lord Shiva, recognizing him as the formless source of all, the bestower of wisdom, the compassionate Lord of Time, and the one beyond the cycle of worldly existence. The lyrics convey the seeker’s surrender and acknowledgment of the divine qualities embodied by Lord Shiva.

csybzbowozMV.jpg?o=1

ywpY8SkaNJij.jpg?o=1

Verse 3

tusha radri-sankasha-gauram gabhiram

Resembling the deep white snow-clad mountain.

manobhuta-koti prabha sri sariram

Having a divine body radiating the auspiciousness beyond the reach of the mind, like millions of suns.

sphuran mauli-kallolini-charu-ganga

With the shining crescent moon on the head and the beautiful waves of the Ganga flowing gracefully.

lasad-bhala-balendu kanthe bhujanga

With a shining forehead, a youthful moon on the neck, and a serpent around the neck.

This verse describes the majestic and divine form of Lord Shiva, comparing him to a snow-clad mountain, radiating a divine glow beyond the comprehension of the mind. The verses also highlight symbolic elements like the crescent moon, the Ganga, and the snake, all associated with Lord Shiva’s divine attributes.

s2w9FsnFfd69.jpg?o=1

Verse 4

chalatkundalam bhru sunetram visalam

With moving earrings, broad beautiful eyebrows, and expansive, graceful eyes

prasanna-nanam nila-kantham dayalam

With a cheerful face, a blue throat (Shiva), and compassionate in nature.

mrgadhisa charmambaram mundamalam

The Lord of deer, wearing deer skin, and adorned with a garland of skulls.

priyam sankaram sarvanatham bhajami

I worship the beloved, auspicious Sankara, the Lord of all beings.

This verse depicts the divine and compassionate form of Lord Shiva, describing his physical attributes such as moving earrings, beautiful eyes, a cheerful face, a blue throat, and symbolic elements like wearing deer skin and a garland of skulls. The verse expresses the devotee’s reverence and worship of Lord Shiva.

ZyKAX4pxb3UM.jpg?o=1

Verse 5

Fierce, excellent, extremely bold, and the Supreme Lord.

Indivisible, unborn, and radiant like billions of suns.

The uprooter of the three-fold suffering, holding the trident.

I worship the Lord of Bhavani (i.e. Shiva), the one who is attainable through devotion.

These lines describe Lord Shiva as the fierce and supreme deity, indivisible, unborn, radiant like billions of suns, and the uprooter of the three-fold suffering. The verse expresses the devotee’s worship and recognition of Shiva’s divine qualities. 

eCPv5gu1WVqz.jpg?o=1

Verse 6

kalatitata-kalyana-kalpanta-kari

Beyond the limits of time, the auspicious one who brings about the end of the cosmic cycle.

sada sajjana-nanda-data purarih

Always the giver of joy to the virtuous, and the destroyer of cities (demon Tripura).

chidananda-sandoha-mohapahari

The blissful consciousness, the blissful one, and the remover of delusion.

prasida praslda prabho manmatharih

The destroyer of Cupid (Lord of Love, referring to Shiva’s burning of Kama, the god of love).

These lines describe Lord Shiva as the timeless and auspicious one who brings about the end of cosmic cycles, the giver of joy to the virtuous, the blissful consciousness, and the remover of delusion. The verse also acknowledges Shiva as the destroyer of cities and Cupid. The devotee seeks Lord Shiva’s grace and blessings.

Mo9JHPHootOv.jpg?o=1

Verse 7

na yavad umanatha-padaravindam

Not as long as the lotus feet of Umanatha (husband of Uma, i.e., Shiva).

bhajantiha loke pareva naranam

People in this world worship other things.

na tavat-sukham shanti-santapa-nasham

Not so much happiness, peace, or the destruction of agony.

praslda prabho sarva bhuta-dhivasam

O Lord, be pleased, the divine abode of all beings

These lines express the devotee’s devotion towards Lord Shiva, stating that true happiness, peace, and the end of agony are not attained until one worships the lotus feet of Umanatha (Shiva). The devotee seeks the grace of Lord Shiva, the divine abode of all beings.

ZoaZiYU.jpeg

Verse 8

na janami yogam japam naiva pujam

I do not know yoga, chanting, or worship.

nato ham sada sarvada sambhu tubhyam

I bow down to you always, everywhere, O Shambhu.

jara janma-duhkhaugha tatapya manam

Tormented by the mind due to the ocean of sorrows caused by old age and birth.

prabho pahi apan-namamisha shambho

O Lord Shambhu, protect me with a humble heart.

These lines express the devotee’s humility, acknowledging a lack of knowledge in various spiritual practices. The devotee seeks the protection of Lord Shambhu, recognizing the challenges and sorrows associated with old age and birth. The emphasis is on surrendering to the divine and seeking the grace of Lord Shiva.

sj9eZ56fwhxL.jpg?o=1

6Asz9gaowBuu.jpg?o=1

Nn33ymoTReni.jpg?o=1

Edited by Buck Edwards

Posted (edited)

Shiv-gif-13.gif

Important mantras list - 

Om gan Ganpati Namo Namah Shree Siddhivinayak Namo Namah. 

Har Har Shambhu Shiv Mahadeva 

Kala Bhairava chant by Sadhguru 

Edited by Buck Edwards

Posted (edited)

Om mantra list. 

Shiv-gif-15.gif

Shiv-gif-6.gif

Edited by Buck Edwards

Posted (edited)

Om mantra list. 

Shiv-gif-18.gif

Edited by Buck Edwards

This brought me to tears. 

Next on the list. Karacharana Kritam Vaa mantra. I'll use this as a morning Shiva mantra. To be repeated 108 times. 

Shiv-gif-.gif

Posted (edited)

Next on the list - 

Rudra Shiva Strotam Mantra 

d1eenfr-ba1df972-0ad7-41da-900b-2b9f7b70

Lyrics - 

Om / Aum.

Bhairav Rudraya, Maha Rudraya, Kaala Rudraya, Kalpaandha Rudraya

Veera Rudraya, Rudra Rudraya, Ghora Rudraya, Aghora Rudhraya

Marthaanda Rudhraya, Anda Rudhraya, Brahmaanda Rudhraya

Chanda Rudraya, Prachanda Rudraya, Ganda Rudraya

Soorya Rudraya, Veera Rudraya, Bhava Rudraya, Bheema Rudraya

Adhala Rudraya, Vidhala Rudraya, Sudhala Rudraya

Maha Thala Rudraya, Rasaa Thala Rudraya

Thalaa Thala Rudraya, Paathaala Rudraya ... Namo Namahaa ...

Ly5pl-.gif

Edited by Buck Edwards

Posted (edited)

From spiritual mantra. 

This brought me to tears. 

1502448481.gif

a6c43f039d04e41c04196d26ee0959d8.gif?w=6

e62135078729e96ccdd3335d02e26910.gif

Edited by Buck Edwards