Growly

Diet crisis

35 posts in this topic

I tested out vegan diet, and it doesn't work for me... but it used to when I was 19. 

Can someone recommend me diets that aren't related to veganism? I know some already but I want to hear your guys' opinions and thoughts

Just focus on eating real food. Don't make it too complicated. Veer off a bit if you like, but jump right back on the bandwagon. Know your allergies, if any,.and stay away.

Eat less processed foods and educate yourself about nutrition. Lots of greens for life's source energy and make your own meals when you can. 

Treat food as medicine and as a way to nourish the body and mind.

Know thyself....

Why are people always asking @Schizophoniafor health advice. He's just a walking pharmacy about to turn into a Northropic pill.

Know thyself....

@Princess Arabia It's hard to maintain vegan diet, because of work... I have to eat a lot more too because of my insomnia messing up my metabolism

1 hour ago, Growly said:

@Princess Arabia It's hard to maintain vegan diet, because of work... I have to eat a lot more too because of my insomnia messing up my metabolism

Stop claiming your illnesses by calling them "my", as in my insomnia.

Anyway I've been down that road with other forum members and I was challenged with my knowledge on how it influences your recovery and its influence on the subconscious mind and how doing that makes it harder to loose that identity frame. 

I won't use that against you as it's the first time I'm relating with you and don't know how open your mind is and how flexible you are in receiving information that may change your beliefs and perspectives. So if you care to understand how not using those terms influences your ability to change your body's responses to its environment let me know because I'm getting weary of people's closed-mindedness here and their stubbornness in atleast investigating my claims on their own and validating what I have to share.

Also, saying "it's hard to maintain a vegan diet" is exactly what it will be for you and the mind will find excuses to show why it's hard and you will believe it because of the iteration of that belief 

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

@Princess Arabia Yeah I agree. I should try to let go of insomnia and be happy again

I try to get into the state of not knowing like leo said, but it's hard because i have insomnia so i fall into delusions easily

@Ulax You have any diet recommendations

1 minute ago, Growly said:

@Ulax You have any diet recommendations

@Growly Hey dude,

I guess my recommendation would depend on what your diet issues are. 

Kale smoothie is always a good start imo. Just swap the kale out for spinach after a couple weeks, then go back to kale, and so on. read an article about that being healthier.

Diet isn't really my area of expertise tho.

Be-Do-Have

There is no failure, only feedback

Do what works

@Ulax What do you eat generally? and are you mindful 24/7?

5 minutes ago, Growly said:

@Princess Arabia Yeah I agree. I should try to let go of insomnia and be happy again

I try to get into the state of not knowing like leo said, but it's hard because i have insomnia so i fall into delusions easily

Do you drink soda. Do you eat a lot of sugar, drink coffee. Anxiety issues. 

Ever tried the 4-7-8 method. In bed breathe in for 4secs, hold for 7secs and breathe out for 8secs. Repeat maybe 10x till you fall asleep. Google it for details.

I don't have sleeping problems but when I 1st heard of it years ago I tried it for fun and didn't make it pass the 3rd attempt, meaning I fell asleep after doing it 2x.

Diet helps. Warm nut milk. Boiled ripe banana skin - drink as tea. Eat a ripe banana. Soak feet in Epsom salt before bed. Few drops lavender essential oil on pillow. 

Know thyself....

Just now, Growly said:

@Ulax What do you eat generally? and are you mindful 24/7?

@Growly

My diet is not very good atm lol. 

And, nah not mindful 24/7.

Be-Do-Have

Do what works

@Ulax Do you have a lot of energy throughout the day?

I guess you're specifically wanting Ulax's contribution, advice and suggestions so I won't bother wasting my time and energy with mine which are not being acknowledged and seem to not interest you. Good luck.

Know thyself....

19 minutes ago, Growly said:

@Ulax Do you have a lot of energy throughout the day?

@Growly Nah not really. I'm in recovery for severe trauma atm, so I'm kinda playing a different ballgame atm.

Had a lot of issues with chronic fatigue that diet didn't really fix.

Be-Do-Have

Do what works

@Princess Arabia I stay away from processed food, What do you eat generallly? do you just eat non-processed food? 

I have chronic stress because of some situation and I'm coping by trying to find good diet

4 minutes ago, Growly said:

@Princess Arabia I stay away from processed food, What do you eat generallly? do you just eat non-processed food? 

I have chronic stress because of some situation and I'm coping by trying to find good diet

I try to eat clean. If you'd like to take a look at my thread "Healthy Food/Recipe" started by me, I share a lot of what I eat there.

I do eat some other foods like pizza and wings when I'm out and on occasion but it's not very often. No deli meats, sodas, French fries (only if i make them), potato chips etc

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

Just now, Growly said:

@Princess Arabia Are you mindful 24/7??

I have a 80/20 rule which is natural for me but I veer off sometimes depending on travel, work or just laziness. 80% healthy and 20% not so healthy  I try not to be anal about it and leave room for fun times but I quickly get back on track. I really don't have to think about it as it's my way of being.

Know thyself....