Brian Johnson’s Blueprint, thoughts?

8 posts in this topic

Thoughts on this? If definitely like to try his nutrition routine

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Lunch 

◭"89"

He’s doing testosterone replacement therapy and other hormone treatments (and he’s literally taking 100+ supplements every day), so adopting his diet in isolation will probably not be all that optimal.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

5 hours ago, Nilsi said:

He’s doing testosterone replacement therapy and other hormone treatments (and he’s literally taking 100+ supplements every day), so adopting his diet in isolation will probably not be all that optimal.

Exactly right. In isolation, emulating Bryan's dietary patterns will certainly be suboptimal, and dare I say, something approximating natural castration for men (especially if you replicate his impoverished energy intake of 2,000 kcal).

Basically just open a nutritional planner like cronometer.com and formulate a meal plan that meets your daily requirements and try to focus on whole foods with minimal processed food, eliminate alochol, drugs and cigarettes, and stay physically active and you should be fine barring any health conditions that may be genetic or whatever.

I’m going to look into his recipes. I’m building a nutrition collection in my common place book, and will refine it over the coming years. 

I do think his approach is a bit extreme, I’m not sure it’s a healthy outlook to never want to die. Pumping fat into his face, etc He seems happy enough. Though, he says he is always feeling hungry which is strange way to live. I wonder what the validity of that idea is.

I wonder if the veggie bowl is actually good when blended as well. I thought the veggie bowl looked good and I think it’d be pretty healthy too.

◭"89"

Posted (edited)

I watch most of his content. Even though probably it's not perfect he is by far the one who takes this anti ageing thing the most seriously. Compared to him stuff other anti ageing experts do is a joke! This guy is a true gift to the anti ageing community. Note that he's also always trying to improve. If something doesn't work based on measurements he tries something else. 

Edited by LoneWonderer

Posted (edited)

I think hes a valuable health resource due to the insane amount of data he tracks, but like others have said, due to his testosterone intake and low caloric intake its not perfectly replicable for the average person. I think taking bits and pieces from his stuff and customizing it to your own body is the best plan. Like I think a good steak a couple times a week would massively improve the protocol for the average person.  I also think he said somewhere that getting good sleep, cutting out drugs/alcohol, and exclusively eating non processed whole foods is like 80% of the battle

I guess another note is that hes optimizing for anti aging and not peak performance, which explains the calorie deficit hes living on. Obviously it depends on the persons metabolism, but if youre exercising as much as he does, you would probably want to go for 2500+ calories

Edited by Phil King