LoneWonderer

I'm Finally Going Vegan (at least for a month)

66 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Basman said:

I think it has more to do with how much you eat. Dense food is easier to overeat because it takes a while before you start feeling full and vegans tend to eat less on average.

Overeating is definitely a compounding factor, as you can only store so much energy and nutrients, so digesting after that is wasted energy. In addition to that different types of food take more energy to digest, and so in return, you tire yourself out more digesting it. The quantity of food to the nutrient value needs to be taken into account. The reason why I said it wasn't diet specific, is because you can eat animals that are not going to clog up your digestive system as much, and alternatively you can eat overcooked food (reducing its value) or junk food as a Vegan.

Generally, you are right that it's harder to overeat light foods. You have to eat a lot of vegetables to feel that, and the more you chew or just eat slower, you psychologically think you've had a larger meal. It's easier on grains to overeat, or cereal which are packed full of carbs and harder to digest, or proteins like nuts or beans/lentils.

Edited by BlueOak

4 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

I always eat my chicken almost raw, like beef. Much better, well-cooked chicken is dry and you force yourself to eat it.

I actually haven't eaten chicken for months now, just really spicy stir-fried ground beef.

One month Update*

So it is surprising. The most signnificant change in the past month has been that my state of conciousness has become lighter in a slight yet undescribable way. This is really hard to explain and there are no real words to describe it. Overall I just feel lighter and maybe a little more open and less controlling of situations. Nothing else has changed. I've only supplemented B12 vitamin daily which I purchased in my local farmacy and had a very good mix of 40+ different plants a week. Every day I had fruits, nuts, seeds, grains, vegetables. No deterioration in health or feeling weak. 

Overall a success and will keep at it and maybe report here if any new changes come up.

That's great 

"It is from my open heart that I will mirror you, and reflect back to you all that you are:

As a being of love, of energy, 

of passion, and truth."

On 07/02/2024 at 5:35 AM, LoneWonderer said:

One month Update*

So it is surprising. The most signnificant change in the past month has been that my state of conciousness has become lighter in a slight yet undescribable way. This is really hard to explain and there are no real words to describe it. Overall I just feel lighter and maybe a little more open and less controlling of situations. Nothing else has changed. I've only supplemented B12 vitamin daily which I purchased in my local farmacy and had a very good mix of 40+ different plants a week. Every day I had fruits, nuts, seeds, grains, vegetables. No deterioration in health or feeling weak. 

Overall a success and will keep at it and maybe report here if any new changes come up.

In reality if you are what can be described as a healthy vegan, you may not suffer for years.

On 2/8/2024 at 11:04 PM, ZenAlex said:

In reality if you are what can be described as a healthy vegan, you may not suffer for years.

Bingo. Nutrient deficiencies can takes years to develop, blurring the line between the dots that one would otherwise easily connect to trace back to their diet.