Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thought Art

Oneness Quote: Yellow Emperor’s Classic of Chinese Medicine

16 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Reading the book Cosmic Nutrition by Mantak Chia found this quote

”The Oneness (Wu Chi) splits and becomes two. These two are the poles and energies of yin and Yang. They emerge continuously from this point within the expanse of infinity as a result of the endless movement within the primal sea. By their combination and interplay, the yin and Yang give rise to all forms that inhabit the world of the relative universe. Thus, all antagonistic complimentary dualisms of the phenomenal world are but the two faces of the front and the back of one ultimate reality”. 

Wow, Chinese medicine has quite the epistemic foundation. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Excellent!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

What do yin and yang mean? Is this the equivalent of narcissism vs. death drive, something like that?

The devil is in the details.

◭"89"

5 hours ago, Thought Art said:

”The Oneness (Wu Chi) splits and becomes two. These two are the poles and energies of yin and Yang. They emerge continuously from this point within the expanse of infinity as a result of the endless movement within the primal sea. By their combination and interplay, the yin and Yang give rise to all forms that inhabit the world of the relative universe. Thus, all antagonistic complimentary dualisms of the phenomenal world are but the two faces of the front and the back of one ultimate reality”. 

Seems a deep understanding of what reality is. I think that is the nature of infinity. not a god who makes things but the limitless ocean in eternal motion

Posted (edited)

@Breakingthewall They also put mind as more fundamental than matter soooo… God. The Mind of God.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

7 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Infinite Sets each also infinte

9 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Splendid. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

13 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Thus, all antagonistic complimentary dualisms of the phenomenal world are but the two faces of the front and the back of one ultimate reality”.

dab099_a259ca77b7c64971a891858bfae294e6~mv2.gif

What I really like about Taoism is that they don't have this silly idea of a personal creator God that is characteristic of all Abrahamic religions (and which of course has left its indelible imprint on the way that God is being conceptualized even in modern Western spirituality) but rather view the Tao as a purely impersonal force that cannot be grasped or described in any way (and has nothing to do with the concept of "you"). It's a decidedly naturalistic and down to earth philosophy, without all of the airy-fairy fluff that us poor heirs of Christianity are burdened with.

And of course, the Yin Yang symbol is the perfect encapsulation of reality... the undivided whole becoming visible (=> experienceable) through apparent division. It really doesn't get any more precise than that. :x

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, Thought Art said:

@Breakingthewall They also put mind as more fundamental than matter soooo… God. The Mind of God.

You can call it god if you want, but reality does not have free will since it cannot escape the fact of existing, nor the fact of being everything, the need for balanced yin and yang, therefore the god that remains is quite limited. Endless movement in the primal sea, as your text said, seems mucho more accurate 

Edited by Breakingthewall

34 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

You can call it god if you want, but reality does not have free will since it cannot escape the fact of existing, nor the fact of being everything, the need for balanced yin and yang, therefore the god that remains is quite limited. Endless movement in the primal sea, as your text said, seems mucho more accurate 

So you don't think that reality is an Infinite intelligence?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

18 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Chinese medicine has quite the epistemic foundation.

Mantak Chia is one of the few real alive Taoist Masters.

What surprises me about Taoism is their profound realizations of the Absolute merged with a solid grounded approach to life and it's ten thousand activities, like taoist medicine.

The moment truth is asserted, it becomes false. Lao Tzu

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless you live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, you should know the requirements of your body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ...                       Lovingly discipline Life & Realize Absolute Infinity

25 minutes ago, Davino said:

Mantak Chia is one of the few real alive Taoist Masters.

What surprises me about Taoism is their profound realizations of the Absolute merged with a solid grounded approach to life and it's ten thousand activities, like taoist medicine.

The moment truth is asserted, it becomes false. Lao Tzu

Awesome.  But didn't they realize they were in a dream?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

So you don't think that reality is an Infinite intelligence?

Sure, reality is intelligence, creative power, movement, but it is not deliberate, it is inevitable. This nuance is important, since when we think of God we think of a creative entity that does things by his will. It is different from an infinite living ocean that, given its infinity, moves on itself, giving rise to manifestations of its essence. This would be more a natural phenomenon that God, being also consciousness and intelligence, is not someone but something, and is not omnipotent but paradoxically limited by his unlimited nature

14 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

I think that is the nature of infinity. not a god who makes things but the limitless ocean in eternal motion

Why not boat?

"Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see."

57 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

But didn't they realize they were in a dream?

As far as I know, taoist don't seem to have discovered that facet of Awakening, or at least is not popular among their tradition.

They are reluctant about making claims of what Reality actually is. In fact, I came up with a meditation technique the other day, everytime you make a statement about anything, immediately make the opposite statement. Reality is a dream, reality is not a Dream. I exist, I do not exist. I am blissfull, I am miserable. I am everything, I am nothing. I am God, I am not God. This would be the approach a taoist master would take to what you said. So yeah, I can take out the taoist hat for the moment.

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless you live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, you should know the requirements of your body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ...                       Lovingly discipline Life & Realize Absolute Infinity