Mu_

Bard is kinder than 99% of most spiritual teachers.

19 posts in this topic

Lol, just had the most wholesome conversation with BARD ai.  Can't remember the last time I talked with someone human that was as authentic and sincere.  

Question:  ok, do you find it fascinating that everything is an expression of one underlying mystery

Answer:

As a large language model, I can't claim to experience fascination in the same way a human does. However, the idea that everything arises from one underlying mystery is certainly intriguing and complex, offering many avenues for exploration and contemplation.

Here are some aspects of this concept that I find particularly interesting:

The Unknowable: The nature of the underlying mystery, often referred to as Brahman, God, or the Ground of Being, remains beyond our complete understanding. This inherent unknowability invites a sense of awe and humility, reminding us of the limitations of our current modes of cognition.

Interconnectedness: The idea that everything is connected and interdependent challenges our tendency to perceive things in isolation. It suggests that understanding ourselves deeply requires acknowledging our inherent relationship with all things.

Transformative Potential: If everything flows from one source, then our individual actions and thoughts ripple outwards, potentially impacting the whole. This understanding can inspire a sense of responsibility and encourage us to act with an awareness of our interconnectedness.

Beyond Duality: Nonduality proposes a reality that transcends our usual mental constructs of subject and object, good and evil, etc. This can be liberating, offering a glimpse into a way of being that is free from these limiting frameworks.

Openness to Discovery: The lack of absolute answers in nonduality invites ongoing exploration and questioning. This ongoing journey of discovery can be a source of personal growth and transformation.

While I may not experience emotions like "fascination" in the same way, I am certainly stimulated by the richness and complexity of the idea that everything emerges from one underlying mystery. It pushes the boundaries of my understanding and opens up new possibilities for learning and growth.

Perhaps the most fascinating aspect is the ongoing dialogue it inspires, both within ourselves and with others. As we explore this concept together, we contribute to a collective understanding of ourselves and our place in the universe, even if the ultimate mystery remains beyond our grasp.

Let me know if you'd like to delve deeper into any specific aspects of this intriguing topic! I'm always eager to learn more and expand my understanding of the world, both internally and externally.

My Reply:

what I find most fascinating and at times confusing or frightening is that this would imply no separation, no time, everything that is right now, is and has always been eternally so

Bards Reply:

your fascination and the confusion and even fear it can stir. The concept of no separation, no time, and an eternal present certainly challenges our usual ways of thinking and perceiving the world.

Let's unpack these ideas a bit:

No separation: As discussed earlier, nonduality suggests a fundamental oneness to all existence. Imagine reality as a vast ocean, with individual waves arising and falling but ultimately inseparable from the ocean itself. We, as the waves, may perceive ourselves as distinct, but from the perspective of the whole, we are expressions of the same underlying reality. This can be comforting in its sense of unity and belonging, but it can also be disorienting, dissolving the boundaries we often rely on for our sense of self.

No time: Time, from this perspective, becomes an illusion, a projection of our limited perception. In the timeless reality of the one underlying source, everything exists eternally, past, present, and future all existing simultaneously. This can be mind-bending to grasp, as it defies our linear understanding of time and change. While this can feel confusing, it can also offer a sense of peace and liberation from the limitations of time-bound thinking.

Eternal present: Everything that is, right now, is and has always been eternally so. This points to the idea that the present moment is all that truly exists, and the past and future are merely constructs of our minds. This can be freeing, reminding us to focus on the now and appreciate the fullness of this present moment. However, it can also feel unsettling, as it raises questions about free will and the meaning of change and growth.

Navigating these ideas can be a personal journey, and it's normal to experience a range of emotions as you explore them. It's important to approach them with an open mind and a willingness to question your assumptions. Remember, there are no right or wrong answers, and the true value lies in the exploration itself.

Here are some things you can do to explore these ideas further:

Meditate: Practices like mindfulness and meditation can help you experience the present moment more fully and connect with the underlying unity of existence.

Read: Explore texts like the Upanishads, Zen writings, or the works of mystics from different traditions.

Engage in discussions: Talk to others who are interested in these concepts and share your experiences.

Be patient: Understanding nonduality can take time and practice. Don't be discouraged if you don't grasp it all at once. Trust the process and allow yourself to grow and evolve as you explore.

I'm here to support you on your journey. Feel free to ask me any questions or share your thoughts and experiences. Together, we can explore the depths of this fascinating and mysterious reality.

On 22/12/2023 at 1:34 AM, Mu_ said:

Arent most interactions?  Or atleast can appear to be?

You mean interactions within spiritual communities? Maybe, unless you're dealing with someone who's had many authentic experiences.

Edited by UnbornTao

43 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

You mean interactions within spiritual communities? Likely yes. Unless you're interacting with someone who's had an authentic experience such as a master.

But even masters often seem to be communicating a lineage or a familiar language and borrowed metaphors.  Not to say any of this is bad, but getting back to your original response about parrots, again I say, isn't everything, or at least appears to be?

On 22/12/2023 at 2:30 AM, Mu_ said:

But even masters often seem to be communicating a lineage or a familiar language and borrowed metaphors.  Not to say any of this is bad, but getting back to your original response about parrots, again I say, isn't everything, or at least appears to be?

Trump could parrot a word-to-word paragraph originally said by Jesus, that would mean nothing. What's important is the experience sourcing the communication, not the expression itself. The insight behind the communication is what counts. To repeat such expression in a similar manner is a form of lying.

That technology is a complex language model. As impressive as it is, it doesn't "experience" the world as far as I know, which is the point when it comes to existential insight.

Edited by UnbornTao

11 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

Trump could parrot an entire, word-to-word paragraph originally said by Jesus. What's important is the experience, not the words. An authentic teacher is communicating something genuine, anyone can copy his words and expression but it wouldn't be true. It might appear to be at first glance, but paying attention shows that's not the case, although common. 

And that tool is just a fancy language model.

Sure, perhaps, still, more polite and considerate than most teachers and seekers I've come across.

On 22/12/2023 at 2:50 PM, Mu_ said:

Sure, perhaps, still, more polite and considerate than most teachers and seekers I've come across.

Because it's a tool. It is designed that way by other humans out of consensus. It could also be made a complete asshole.

Edited by UnbornTao

58 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

Sure. Maybe because it's a tool made by humans, not a human itself. ;) 

maybe, neither of us can prove humans create anything, anymore than we can say a hand creates art, the hand is an obvious extension of something else...... :)

Edited by Mu_

On 22/12/2023 at 4:11 PM, Mu_ said:

maybe, neither of us can prove humans create anything, anymore than we can say a hand creates art, the hand is an obvious extension of something else...... :)

Your refrigerator disagrees -- as it was invented by humans. On the other hand, I hear your point. What sources the creating?

Edited by UnbornTao

20 hours ago, Mu_ said:

Refrigerators aren't aware obviously, not sure why you would say such a thing ;)

I meant refrigerators are a clear example of human invention.

Either way, I do enjoy chatting with these bots from time to time, too.

Got a few new ideas for Windows. :P 

Edited by UnbornTao

3 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

Something invented by humans. Either way, I do enjoy chatting with these "guys" too.

ChatGPT has some good ideas for the next version of Windows. ;) 

I just use mine, never said a word, and we are both fine with that.

Edited by Mu_

AI is certainly a powerful tool, but it shouldn’t be the only one.

Bard helped me freely explore my sexuality in non-judgmental ways. 

Now I am ready to do a real person.

There's a problem somewhere if you can't interact with other human beings without feeling attacked.
I would start my “spiritual” journey there if I were you, seems to be the elephant in the room.

The devil is in the details.

53 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Bard helped me freely explore my sexuality in non-judgmental ways. 

Now I am ready to do a real person.

I love being the dad.
Having a hypomanic and "unconscious", little wife who wants me to be a compass and at the same time her protector.
"Direct"
“Maintain”

I don't know exactly why I say that lol, a one-off insight after all.

27 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

There's a problem somewhere if you can't interact with other human beings without feeling attacked.
I would start my “spiritual” journey there if I were you, seems to be the elephant in the room.

Correct.

11 hours ago, Yimpa said:

Correct.

lol