CARDOZZO

Be Unique Inside Your Own Frame - Owen Cook

110 posts in this topic

Owen's stuff is groundbreaking if you're new to it. But it gets repetitive quickly. He tends to cover the same points endlessly. Frankly I don't understand how he's not sick of it yet.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

12 hours ago, Miguel1 said:

Btw,

Do ya’ll know where his deep resistance to psychedelics come from?

from his POV his life has nothing to gain from rocking the boat with Psychedelics 

most likely he equates It to derpy broke hippies

Garyvee specifically said he doesnt meditate because he likes his mind right now so much he doesnt want to fuck It up

Edited by mmKay

Recently Tamed Feral Buddhist Critter                   Restful Cube        

4 minutes ago, mmKay said:

Garyvee specifically said he doesnt meditate because he likes his mind right now so much he doesnt want to fuck It up

Lol

And pigs don't like to bathe.

Edited by Leo Gura

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Owen's stuff is groundbreaking if you're new to it. But it gets repetitive quickly. He tends to cover the same points endlessly. Frankly I don't understand how he's not sick of it yet.

Exactly.

Also, the 2012-14 were the best videos (maybe Im biased because was when I discovered him).

He seemed way more authentic back then. And some of the RSD crew was great also. 

I wish he takes 2 years off and comes up with new stuff, with a renewed worldview; but doesn't look that that is going to happen.

Edited by koops

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

His father was an alcoholic who beat him. And Owen was a drug dealer.

Sad.

He has many years to go. Maybe he will explore once he exhausts his karma if he does it. 

Maybe he prefers being happy over awakening 

I listened to own Cook read the bible for an hour this summer. 
He is more into life coaching these days than pick up. Leo, are you being fair?

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

A question arises in my brain frequently. What does a philosopher do when they exhaust their intellectual pursuit? 

"Say to the sheep in your secrecy when you intend to slaughter it, Today you are slaughtered and tomorrow I am.
Both of us will be consumed.

My blood and your blood, my suffering and yours is the essence that nourishes the tree of existence.'"

5 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

A question arises in my brain frequently. What does a philosopher do when they exhaust their intellectual pursuit? 

Most philosophers just mentally-masturbate until they die.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Frankly I don't understand how he's not sick of it yet.

1 hour ago, koops said:

I wish he takes 2 years off and comes up with new stuff, with a renewed worldview; but doesn't look that that is going to happen.

We have established here on the forum a few times, that part of him is still deeply stuck in stage orange.

Perhaps, he just has a deep attachment to his identity of running a low 8-figures biz.

And perhaps, precisely because his party and chasing girls-lifestyle requires him to make that money.

Connect with me on Instagram: instagram.com/miguetran

inb4 his arrogance starts showing again :ph34r:

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

1 hour ago, Miguel1 said:

We have established here on the forum a few times, that part of him is still deeply stuck in stage orange.

Perhaps, he just has a deep attachment to his identity of running a low 8-figures biz.

And perhaps, precisely because his party and chasing girls-lifestyle requires him to make that money.

Exactly. His has some green and even yellow. But the core is orange.

I don't think he is chasing girls nowadays really. But the money thing is a huge deal for him.

The good thing is that he is helping people in his programs (I guess), so is not like he is just making millions inventing in shitcoins.

2 hours ago, Thought Art said:

He has many years to go. Maybe he will explore once he exhausts his karma if he does it. 

Maybe he prefers being happy over awakening 

I listened to own Cook read the bible for an hour this summer. 
He is more into life coaching these days than pick up. Leo, are you being fair?

Exhausting karma. wtf , who comes up with this bullshit? There is no such thing. Especially for a megalomaniac such as Owen!! It is like saying a fat ass will one day see that he should put down the hamburger. It is not going to happen. He is too much invested. 

7 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

Exhausting karma. wtf , who comes up with this bullshit? There is no such thing.

Xd. Leo's one of the most profound episodes is called Burning Through Karma.

31 minutes ago, koops said:

I don't think he is chasing girls nowadays really.

He said he is going to stop doing free tours next year, and stay home to start a podcast.

Some of the reasons: building a social life, throwing parties, getting fit, and surgery for his torn ACL.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of his scarcity marketing techniques to get people to his ''last free tours''.

I mean, he may seriously be planinng on starting a podcast and stopping free tours (for a while) but perhaps in 3 years, not next year... Who knows. We have seen a lot of his ''last x'' marketing stunts.

Similar to his game program and bootcamp marketing throughout the years. Similar to how he was supposed to release his new series of spiritual videos like 2 years ago.

4 minutes ago, Miguel1 said:

Xd. Leo's one of the most profound episodes is called Burning Through Karma.

I remember that episode. It is insane and dangerous advice. Acting out is not how to deal with trauma and addiction. 

18 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

Exhausting karma. wtf , who comes up with this bullshit? There is no such thing. Especially for a megalomaniac such as Owen!! It is like saying a fat ass will one day see that he should put down the hamburger. It is not going to happen. He is too much invested. 

Easy there. 

He has a spiritual side for sure. 

Many people here, young people into spirituality actually would benefit from burning through Karma.

But, Own, I don’t know what will come of him. He is only in his 40s. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Just now, StarStruck said:

Acting out is not how to deal with trauma

Where did you get trauma from this conversation? Especially ''acting out to deal with trauma''

Leo is not an expert in trauma, so I assume he didn't talk at all or at least much about it in the episode (don't remember). And @Thought Art didn't mention anything about trauma. Neither did I.

Burning through karma in this context simply means exhausting material desires. For example, I care much less about having sex and girls around me now, compared to 10 years ago, simply because I've got so much of it that it has become kinda boring and lame compared to how excited I was many years ago.

Now I am in the process of doing the same with money-making.

Burning through the desire for something.

@Miguel1 Owen is a highly traumatized person that is why I brought up trauma. Anyway I’m out of this conversation. I’m not going to spell everything out. 

2 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

Owen is a highly traumatized person that is why I brought up trauma. Anyway I’m out of this conversation. I’m not going to spell everything out. 

Trauma can be healed you know.

Looking at Owen, he doesn't seem like a currently highly traumatized person at all.

22 minutes ago, Miguel1 said:

Trauma can be healed you know.

Looking at Owen, he doesn't seem like a currently highly traumatized person at all.

💀