Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BlueOak

Anti Democratic - Centrist Democrat Media.

6 posts in this topic

Here is where the republican party is slightly more democratic than the democratic party:

It is not much. Trump wanted to avoid the debates for example, but the republican party still had them. So the party itself is more democratic than the democrats on this issue.

I know there are 50 other reasons you are going to say the opposite of those you hate, but it's important I highlight where democracy is breaking down in America generally, and why/how, the country is sliding into a dictatorship. if I don't do this, and if it goes further, I can't say I showed it happening.

Edited by BlueOak

Not even close to a slide into dictatorship, just business-as-usual political manuvering that leftists are outraged about with surprise Pikachu face.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Not even close to a slide into dictatorship, just business-as-usual political manuvering that leftists are outraged about with surprise Pikachu face.

If you mean: Business as usual. The further slide into dictatorship in America. The trend that has been going on throughout my lifetime, yes.

If you mean this always happened. No. Journalism was not propaganda, it was journalism, at its best a search for facts, at its worst sensationalism of stories for drama. Either way, people did not pretend challengers didn't exist. People did not elect their candidates ahead of votes. People were not so scared of rivals they decided they couldn't tolerate an opposing opinion. That last part is the snowflake generation made manifest.

In decades gone by all of these men/women would be on a stage and the debate, seeing the opposing opinions, would be the point. That would be the democratic part of the process in action.

Edited by BlueOak

11 minutes ago, BlueOak said:

People did not elect their candidates ahead of votes

Of course they did. You are just not aware of American political hisotry. President candidates were often chosen behind closed doors by party machines.

The reason Morning Joe isn't covering those minor candidates is because realistically they got no chance against Biden. Cornel West is a joke. Williamson will never bet Biden. The only one with some chance is RFK jr but he spreads anti-vaxxism.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

17 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course they did. You are just aware of American political hisotry. President candidates were often chosen behind closed doors by party machines.

I am not unaware that people of influence put forward candidates that they can tolerate. They fund them, position them, and get them in power.

A few things are different:

Money and power is in fewer hands, so fewer views are presented.
Propaganda to manufacture support is more intense and invasive.
Less space is provided for opposing viewpoints to be discussed, this problem is systemic, and I don't think you see the natural progression to anarchy it brings as more of the whole is excluded. Populists naturally fall outside this narrowing system and that's another reason why populism is growing.

It seems also a factor of declining masculinity, as the masculine energy or influence on society allows space for opposing views to exist. People are not as fragile when there is healthy masculinity in society, in their lives, or fearful of debate happening.

Populism aside, yes powerful people have often decided who you get to see in the first place, but I've never seen it be limited to two people in America like this during my lifetime. Surely you can see that's a downgrade toward dictatorship from a dozen potential presidents.

Edited by BlueOak

17 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The reason Morning Joe isn't covering those minor candidates is because realistically they got no chance against Biden. Cornel West is a joke. Williamson will never bet Biden. The only one with some chance is RFK jr but he spreads anti-vaxxism.

Winning isn't the societal purpose of a live debate. Discourse and having views exchanged, opinions heard, and people feeling like they are part of the process is. By alienating them, or pretending they don't exist, the system is undermining its legitimacy. 

Edited by BlueOak