Buck Edwards

Biden's son has been charged

15 posts in this topic

jlUa7zw.jpg

Do you think this will play a key role in the elections? 

My name is Reena Gerlach and I'm a woman of few words. 

So has Trump, and with much more and worse things. The difference is that Hunter Biden isn't running for president. 

Magats say the charges against Trump are all politically motivated but charges against Hunter or Joe aren't. This is not being intellectually honest.

Been a long time coming.

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

If the President is implicated, then yes, it's wrong. 
If not, i don't see the issue. Guilt by association is irrational here. He's a grown man, and as an adult child, President Joe isn't responsible for him. Is there any evidence that Hunter's father is implicated in his crimes? For me, that would be the major point that could and should compromise the President. 

Maybe GOPers linking Joe to it have tiny cocks and Hunter's pics made them envious. 

Doesn't matter for president Biden and the Democrats. Republicans has been looking into this for years, and yet have found nothing to connect Hunter Biden with Joe Biden. 

You're a real right-wing troll, OP. The right-wing media has brainwashed you with their right-wing conspiracy theories.

Edited by Hardkill

Yes but not for practical reasons.

Its Republicans attempt to make Biden appear a criminal like Trump through the son, because they've chosen to run headfirst into walls, rather than pick an easier candidate to win with. They chose that because Trump threatened to create his own party, which would have failed long-term but also lost the election short term. Their campaign is revenge against institutions, conspiracy, a ball of victimhood oh poor me, guilt by association from a stupid son, and the occasional trans issue. 

The trouble is with that approach, we've all had family, and we certainly are not responsible for their decisions. Sadly people, by and large, are still susceptible to guilt by association. It does sound weak though to say Trump's a criminal, but so is Biden's son, and what? What is the point there? Am I responsible for my Brother's messed up life? Are you responsible for that uncle, or parent that's screwed up? No you are not, passed adulthood its on their shoulders. You get opportunities to try and help or make a difference but you know how often that changes anyone's mind, near zero.

Adults aren't directly responsible for their grown children's acts. Good parents generally let their grown children live their own lives. This further proves that American conservatives are fucked up and retarded. 

7 hours ago, bebotalk said:

Adults aren't directly responsible for their grown children's acts. Good parents generally let their grown children live their own lives.

Thank you for this reminder. It shows an openness towards exploration, rather than conformity.

@Buck Edwards

On 2023-12-09 at 4:47 AM, Buck Edwards said:

jlUa7zw.jpg

Do you think this will play a key role in the elections? 

Probably would, if media maintains reporting of Hunter Biden case. In another context, that's like defamation and slander, and thought terminating cliches, like if we both argued back and forth and I call you a Fascist and a pedophile, a good chunk of my and general audiences will start associating you with Fascist and pedophile if this messaging and labelling is repeated. This is essentially what happened between Destiny and Mr. Girl drama, Mr. Girl had some critiques of him in Reddit, he got banned, and he thought Destiny was an online predator taking advantage of younger female streamers, which Destiny quickly did a smear campaign and narrative warfare on him, which ultimately took down Mr. Girl's YouTube Channel due to the cyber harassment, bullying, dog pile, and doxxing. 

@Parallax Mind

On 2023-12-09 at 11:50 AM, Parallax Mind said:

So has Trump, and with much more and worse things. The difference is that Hunter Biden isn't running for president. 

Magats say the charges against Trump are all politically motivated but charges against Hunter or Joe aren't. This is not being intellectually honest.

I'd partly agree that Trump may have much more worse things but what do you mean by worse things to Hunter Biden? I think the main problem with this framing is that it's a false equivalency and conflation here. The false equivalency is comparing Trump and Hunter Biden's sins, and because Trump's costs and sins are greater in volume and intensity that outweighs Hunter Biden's sins because he was president and Hunter Biden wasn't running for president(remember Hunter Biden was involved in the death of his wife via 'accidental shooting' with a hunting rifle, and Hunter Biden's laptop contains a few sensitive information that was confiscated by the FBI, and when handed back whatever information there is, Hunter's dick pic, list of important names, we don't know, we only know that beforehand there's info in his laptop but when FBI obtained his Laptop and returned there's missing information there). The conflation happens by excusing Hunter Biden's immorality because Trump's immorality is greater, even when Hunter is supposedly not interested in presidency and Trump was one and is running, so the comparison is asymmetrical.

Addiction isn't a crime. It's a mental illness, running from pain.

He may have committed crimes that is granted.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

On 12/11/2023 at 2:34 AM, Thought Art said:

Addiction isn't a crime. It's a mental illness, running from pain.

He may have committed crimes that is granted.

Lying on your gun record is a federal offense. 

My name is Reena Gerlach and I'm a woman of few words.