Hibahere

Beginning of a good diet....maybe

17 posts in this topic

I have been starting to take diet seriously for a while now. I feel immediately upset after putting any sort of shit food or processed food in my body. I have somewhat of a good taste for vegetables but I'd like to develop it more. Mostly I'm looking for good sources of leutin, zeaxanthin, Vit A, Zinc, Vit E, C and omega 3. I have already incorporated spinach, Broccoli, sweet potatoes, and almonds into my diet but I'd like to make it more diverse and healthier and cleaner. 

I want to feel like I'm not degrading internally while living and that my cells are nourished and happy with me. Also, processed shit and sugar has terrible consequences on mental health, spiritual health etc. 

My question is for the health conscious people who have successfully achieved a good diet. 

How did you start feeling after it? Did your health improve? In what ways?

What advice would you give me and recommend more sources of nutrients ?

Should I cut out the jolly sugar shit completely or is it okay to enjoy it sometimes?

Unless you gorge yourself on fast food every day, it won't change much. Obviously you are orthorexic, there is absolutely no point in being afraid of “processed food” because it is useless. You need to zoom out and just make sure that a month's worth of food doesn't just look like a giant bowl of white sugar rice. :ph34r:

The devil is in the details.

@Schizophonia we do actually consume a lot of rice here and our dishes are loaded with oil fat and salt. So I decided to change it up a bit

A major change in diet also inspired me to make other major lifestyle changes. However, the changes weren’t just random. They’re all part of a holistic life purpose. 

Think of it like creating a movie. You can have an amazing script, but if your actors don’t click with the characters or feel comfortable in the role, the entire movie will flop. Not to mention, no amount of goodness can substitute a director with clear vision. 

Good luck with your diet! I would say that mindset, perspective, and attitude are more important than any diet. You can have the most perfect  diet but if you are filled with anger, resentment, fear, anxiety, or other negative emotions, the positive effects of that diet are going to be limited. For me, self discipline enhances my overall positive mindset so there's a bit of a synergistic effect here compared to if I didn't lift weights and eat well.

Edited by sholomar

5 hours ago, sholomar said:

Good luck with your diet! I would say that mindset, perspective, and attitude are more important than any diet. You can have the most perfect  diet but if you are filled with anger, resentment, fear, anxiety, or other negative emotions, the positive effects of that diet are going to be limited. For me, self discipline enhances my overall positive mindset so there's a bit of a synergistic effect here compared to if I didn't lift weights and eat well.

Usually people who eat a basically good diet don't have too much of those issues. IMO, diet is partially to be blamed for emotional issues and certain mental conditions. This issue is not limited to one or the other so i'm not say this is so in all or even most cases. Alcohol plays a role too and certain drugs. They work synergistically with each other. 

Know thyself....

On 12/7/2023 at 1:23 PM, Schizophonia said:

there is absolutely no point in being afraid of “processed food” because it is useless.

You're right. Just like orange juice is useless in a car's gas tank. Please be advised that the body wasn't designed to eat poison. Processed food is useless because it doesn't nourish the body. They are still damaging the body and are of no use.

Know thyself....

@Hibahere I would highly recommend the book Circadian Code by Satchin Panda. You'll be amazed at how awesome this book is. Also, it is so well-written that you can read it in one sitting.

The reason why most people feel like shit is precisely because their digestive organs work 18+ hours a day (Imagine if you worked that much). You don't need to stick to a strict diet, but rather to give some time to your digestive organs to rest. 

On 09/12/2023 at 3:51 AM, Princess Arabia said:

You're right. Just like orange juice is useless in a car's gas tank.

Orange juice and gasoline are products of a completely different nature.
Can you drink a liter of oil without severe intoxication?

Please be advised that the body wasn't designed to eat poison.

Processed food is useless because it doesn't nourish the body. They are still damaging the body and are of no use.

Alcohol is poison, smoke inhalation (if you smoke) is poison.
it's just potentially low in micronutrients, you just want to avoid basing your diet on it and inducing deficiencies.

There is no reason to stress when you eat it because the body will do well with it, you have to see in the longer term.
It's everything I wanted to say. 9_9

Btw, “junk food” can refer to anything and everything.

2 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

Junk food refers to food that contains little to no water, such as processed food, chips, crackers, chocolate, and ice cream. In contrast, healthy food options include items that are mostly made up of water, such as vegetables and fruits (99% water), animal products like chicken or beef (60-80%) and eggs (85%). 

Edited by Zest4Life

4 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

Orange juice and gasoline are products of a completely different nature.
Can you drink a liter of oil without severe intoxication?

Alcohol is poison, smoke inhalation (if you smoke) is poison.
it's just potentially low in micronutrients, you just want to avoid basing your diet on it and inducing deficiencies.

There is no reason to stress when you eat it because the body will do well with it, you have to see in the longer term.
It's everything I wanted to say. 9_9

All you're doing is justifying your junk food habit. I occasionally eat "junk food", but atleast I don't justify it. When you start to have severe health problems you'll blame it on something else.

This is why the food industry can manufacture poison for food and make billions off it, then turn around and sell us more poison to try to ease the poison we ingested. You have ate so much poison you can't even think and sleep straight calling everything junk food. Love you Schizo.

Know thyself....

19 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

All you're doing is justifying your junk food habit. I occasionally eat "junk food", but atleast I don't justify it. When you start to have severe health problems you'll blame it on something else.

Justify what to whom? What does that mean ?

This is why the food industry can manufacture poison for food and make billions off it,

There are quality industrial food products, and the worst thing I ate was Asian street food.There are quality industrial food products, and the worst thing I ate was Asian street food.

then turn around and sell us more poison to try to ease the poison we ingested.

Products like white rice, white sugar, or peanut oil can be described as junk food but they are not poisons, they just lack micronutrients.

You have ate so much poison you can't even think and sleep straight calling everything junk food.

My chronic insomnia has nothing to do with food + I just awkwardly anglicized an expression.

Love you Schizo.

Ben voyons 

full.png

Edited by Schizophonia

42 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

Justify what to whom? What does that mean ?

There are quality industrial food products, and the worst thing I ate was Asian street food.There are quality industrial food products, and the worst thing I ate was Asian street food.

Products like white rice, white sugar, or peanut oil can be described as junk food but they are not poisons, they just lack micronutrients.

My chronic insomnia has nothing to do with food + I just awkwardly anglicized an expression.

Ben voyons 

full.png

You're either uninformed or in denial. 

Know thyself....

On 10/12/2023 at 5:35 PM, Princess Arabia said:

You're either uninformed or in denial. 

Beginning the question + Dunning kruger effect.