How Trump Answers a Question

13 posts in this topic

Interesting. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Thought Art

2 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Interesting. 

I agree, very interesting, am analyzing tonality, body language and word choice, it's decent in his performance and charisma. Putting aside him being immoral, or having a bias and preference and ideological belief system and a right wing bias, just looking at how he communicates can also be emulated as well, to some degree, in order to improve how you'd also communicate, to better persuade and convince others.

Despite Trump hate and his stupidity, he's got decent body language and tone. Never underestimate an opportunist and manipulator like him.

@Danioover9000 I think that’s why Hilary lost as well. I saw a pretty decent analysis on that..

◭"89"

Fluency heuristic

In psychology, a fluency heuristic is a mental heuristic in which, if one object is processed more fluently, faster, or more smoothly than another, the mind infers that this object has the higher value with respect to the question being considered. In other words, the more skillfully or elegantly an idea is communicated, the more likely it is to be considered seriously, whether or not it is logical.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluency_heuristic

This is one of the reasons I reconsidered my approach to communication that I had developed in the last year or so. Fluency is great, but be very careful not to compromise the truth. Now, this doesn't mean you can't give a generalized or simplified account of something, but that usually requires some kind of transparency on the part of the communicator ("in general...", "put simply..."). Transparency is of course an attempt to be as truthful as possible, even while signalling that you're compromising the truth. Maybe we're perpetually compromising the truth by speaking about it (not maybe, but obviously to you non-dual folks). Still, we can at least try to not make it worse than it needs to be. Now, the more fluency and the less truth you have, that is called sophistry. An adequate balance between the two is called philosophy (philosophia - "the love of wisdom") :D

That said, fluency can also be a good indicator of truth. For example, if you're struggling with typing out a forum post, maybe as a response to some argument that points out a flaw in your reasoning, and you're kind of lost for ideas and try to dig for at least some kind of answer that could add up, it could be an indicator (not certain) that you're wrong. That is however not a reason to give up trying to work out a difficult problem or really grinding it out. Maybe you're just around the corner for the true answer. But it can help you to become aware of times where for example the cognitive dissonance is actually very apparent but you're just in denial or a stubborn mule wanting to win an argument. Conversely, when you notice that the words just seem to fly out of you without much effort, even though you might be paying a lot of attention to detail and polishing various parts of your message to make it beautiful, that could be an indicator that you're tapping into an authentic source of inspiration which is likely tied to truth.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Sincerity I used to watch NerdWriter a lot a couple years ago. 

I was making mock posts earlier in Trumps tone of voice. Thought I’d share this. 

◭"89"

@ted73104 I don’t think so

but, how to spot it

◭"89"

@Thought Art

15 hours ago, Thought Art said:

@Danioover9000 I think that’s why Hilary lost as well. I saw a pretty decent analysis on that..

Okay, just because someone lost doesn't mean his techniques where bad. Same thing with those passionate progressive speakers, they lost, but they still used good techniques to get their message acrss.

@Danioover9000 Yeah, but it’s also contextual. I can’t remember who made the video. But, it showed very well how in the context of that election Trumps techniques were more effective. They stirred the emotions more powerfully than Hilary’s more intellectual approach.

◭"89"

On 06/12/2023 at 10:23 PM, Danioover9000 said:

@Thought Art

I agree, very interesting, am analyzing tonality, body language and word choice, it's decent in his performance and charisma. Putting aside him being immoral, or having a bias and preference and ideological belief system and a right wing bias, just looking at how he communicates can also be emulated as well, to some degree, in order to improve how you'd also communicate, to better persuade and convince others.

Despite Trump hate and his stupidity, he's got decent body language and tone. Never underestimate an opportunist and manipulator like him.

Little reminder : morality does not exist. :)

Edited by Schizophonia

The devil is in the details.

@Thought Art

7 hours ago, Thought Art said:

@Danioover9000 Yeah, but it’s also contextual. I can’t remember who made the video. But, it showed very well how in the context of that election Trumps techniques were more effective. They stirred the emotions more powerfully than Hilary’s more intellectual approach.

Sure, for the speech and presentation not sure if Hitler lost in that aspect, I think Hitler lost the war more because of many tactical and military blunders, plus keep in mind he's fighting against the western powers like the UK, America, maybe Spain, at the same time Russia to the east. Literally a war on two fronts which is and always will historically be strategically challenging because you need at least one front's border secured and the defenses strong so that army could pivot to the other front and expand offensively, but he miscalculated invading Russia in the winter which is just horrible for supplying and an invading army unless you have good winter equipment one(doesn't necessarily mean winter wars are impossible, they can happen even if poor supplies and equipment).

On 12/6/2023 at 2:23 PM, Danioover9000 said:

@Thought Art

On 12/6/2023 at 3:50 PM, Thought Art said:

Trump is certainly highly charismatic, but he’s still no Reagan or Obama. Trump, like Bill Clinton, has only been able to appeal to less than half of the voters throughout the whole country that vote. Reagan and Obama, on the other hand, have or had such exceptional charisma to the point of being able to broadly appeal to much more than half of the voters throughout the whole country that vote.

Edited by Hardkill