mindfulstepz

Has Leo made a video on narcissism?

9 posts in this topic

The topic of narcissisim and NPD is fascinating to me - due to personal family history, it’s rising  prevalance in current mainstream culture, and possible connections to enlightenment.

In a recent video on god consciousness, Leo had mentioned that narcissism is not actually that far removed from the understanding of true infinite god consciousness.  There are some parallels apparently? 

I thought his point had a lot of truth to it and would love to watch a full video on the topic (and possibly its connections with co-dependent types).  NPD is such a fascinating wrinkle to society, psychology, and spirituality.  

Leo doesn't truly understand narcissism or NPD. Most people don't. He said his girlfriend had it and "she was still nice and not toxic", lol.

Edited by Osaid

Describe a thought.

Leo’s biggest critic also happens to be one of his mods. 

God is Great :D

Can a fish make a video on water? xD Jk :P 

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I think enlightenment and narcissism are completely different but not mutually-exclusive. Without transformation work, a person might be enlightened and narcissistic, arrogant, etc.

Another aspect to consider is that deep, personal consciousness can make one act in a way that can be easily confused with traits such as arrogance and over-authoritativeness. As a society, we don't consider direct knowledge possible so this understanding might show up as preposterous to many. "Who do you think you are, claiming to know the nature of anything"?

Hence the likelihood to consider these types of individuals as cult leaders. By the way, useful to consider that not every enlightened guy is doing the same work. 

Edited by UnbornTao

On 05/12/2023 at 0:46 AM, Osaid said:

Leo doesn't truly understand narcissism or NPD. Most people don't. He said his girlfriend had it and "she was still nice and not toxic", lol.

As a reminder, it is technically forbidden on the forum to diverge from Leo's political opinions :)

See Guidelines.

Edited by Schizophonia

The devil is in the details.

2 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

As a reminder, it is technically forbidden on the forum to diverge from Leo's political opinions :)

See Guidelines.

Thanks, I'll make sure to give myself a warning.

I also noticed it said "no denial of enlightenment" followed by "If you believe these things are BS, then this forum is just not for you", so I'll have to give Leo lots of warnings in return too.

Edited by Osaid

Describe a thought.

19 hours ago, Osaid said:

Thanks, I'll make sure to give myself a warning.

I also noticed it said "no denial of enlightenment" followed by "If you believe these things are BS, then this forum is just not for you", so I'll have to give Leo lots of warnings in return too.

lol

I think it deserves 3 points of warning xD:)

The devil is in the details.

4 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

I think it deserves 3 points of warning xD:)

Round it up to 20. 

Describe a thought.