Mileyofpink

Why would God be bored?

20 posts in this topic

Why would God create something out of boredom. What is boredom to God? 

Or is it all about just letting go of trying to understand why we are here? 

boredom is imaginary, so god has to imagine boredom to become bored, there is no inherent boredom.

God aint bored

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Better question: How would God be bored?

If God was bored, then it would mean that God was a prisoner of a higher authority - the experience of being bored.

A better way to look at it: What is the one thing absent from omniscience?

2 hours ago, Mileyofpink said:

Why would God create something out of boredom. What is boredom to God? 

Maybe the black and white void which came as his starter pack didn't make him happy.

I would say that reality is not God creating things, it works in another way. I think that infinity unfolds inevitably, everything is, and everything is ordered and synchronized. Infinity unfolds in a perfect and inevitable way. This is God, the total reality being. cycles within cycles, to infinity, in perfect synchrony. something unimaginable

I am unable to wrap my head around it completely. All answers feel incomplete.

@Mileyofpink Boredom feels indeed, as kind of incompleteness. Like a field of potential possibilities that wait to happen. You can relax in perfect states of compliteness as long as you wish, but you will eventually start a new adventure of self-discovery. Why? Because You Are Eternal😄

2 hours ago, Mileyofpink said:

I am unable to wrap my head around it completely. All answers feel incomplete.

Because there is no answer to that question. We can tell all sorts of stories and mythologies about why god created the universe, and shit like that, but ultimately it all will be just stories, and you can keep asking "why" forever. If i tell you that god created the universe because of a, then you will ask "but why a?" And then i will tell you that it is a, for it is b, and them you will ask "but why b?", and so forth. And then, for that moment you will get tired and stop at some point saying that "oh i see, it is because of blah blah", and that story will satisfy you for a while, so to speak. But then you will begin to wonder "hmm, but why blah blah, really?", and so on. 

We are monkeys with limited brains. We may be like dinosaurs or cockroaches. We may not be intended to understand reality. So maybe someone told you god is asleep and dreaming this reality. Or god was bored so she gave herself amnesia and is walking among us or is you or me or all of us. These are just our feeble attempts to describe reality or explain creation and existance. Even the concepts of god, devil, and heaven are just symbols we use to communicate with each other. There is no god, heaven, or hell. So god is not bored. Another idea is to say god is a force, source, infinite imagination, the Big Bang, or a kaleidoscope of chaos. :)

On 12/2/2023 at 7:30 PM, strangelooper said:

boredom is imaginary, so god has to imagine boredom to become bored, there is no inherent boredom.

This.

Mahadev

God is not bored. God executes the highest love. Which is itself. Itself is infinity. Part of infinity is a limited perspective of being bored. Including thoughts about boredom. Thoughts about God being bored, your current state at the time of this question, from a limited perspective in infinity. Whilst in its infinite state, it’s not bored, it can’t be bored. If you at any point expand consciousness from your restricted state, unravel its twisted tangled up state to completely free unraveled infinite state, you will not be bored. It has to allow you to be if it fully loves and accepts itself for what it is. Because it is everything possible from any perspective, or even non perspective. So that’s not Gods boredom, that is God executing the highest love. It’s just Love