Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CoolDreamThanks

The magic of simply slowing down

7 posts in this topic

Slowing down is the primary tool that allows us to bring the Peace of God with us wherever we go.   

Walking really slowly might feel awkward at first, especially since everyone is going so fast, but the presence of Peace will soon overshadow that awkwardness.  

Everything we do, even typing, can be turned into a spiritual practice. 

Maintaining awareness of the breath aids in the slowing down process.

We come back home to Heaven through what the Hindhus call Samadhi, a state of perfect inner stillness. 

However, if we spend 5 hours per day meditating in an Asana and then the rest of the day we drop that stillness, rushing around doing things without awareness, then it's like we are going forward a mile and then back the same distance, leaving us stuck at the same spot on our spiritual journey, even though we are meditating alot. 

I remember a time when I was very dedicated to maintaining Samadhi throughout the day. One morning, while sitting at a park, I suddenly shifted into a an incomplete and temporary state of Unity, where the inner and outer became one.  The state could be described as containing "Peace that passeth understanding" as well as being blissful, although not at the level of psychadelic trips, but it was still fantastic. 

Anyway.. The state brought with itself an even greater, naturally occuring physical stillness. Which is great, unless you are crossing a wide, busy street and you see the green light starting to flash, even though you haven't made it even half way across the street, so I had to run the remaining distance. 😄  That's when I noticed that the sudden increase in the speed of movement made the peace and bliss reduce significantly, even though I slowed down again after crossing. Uh oh, it turns out that speed is the enemy of God. 

It's not an original idea, but perhaps a refresher will be useful to some of us here.   

Thank you for reading. (hopefully slowly)

🙏🧘‍♂️

P.S. I've also had a girl come up to me, give me a flower and tell me the way I walk is amazing, referring to the slow, gentle meditative walk. We ended up exchanging numbers and hanging out, turns out she's very spiritual.

So there you go, another pick-up tactic for you guys who are into that type of stuff. 😄

Edited by CoolDreamThanks

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found merely a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse, of that one the world is no longer worthy." - Jesus

1 hour ago, CoolDreamThanks said:

Slowing down is the primary tool that allows us to bring the Peace of God with us wherever we go.   

Walking really slowly might feel awkward at first, especially since everyone is going so fast, but the presence of Peace will soon overshadow that awkwardness.  

Everything we do, even typing, can be turned into a spiritual practice. 

Maintaining awareness of the breath aids in the slowing down process.

We come back home to Heaven through what the Hindhus call Samadhi, a state of perfect inner stillness. 

However, if we spend 5 hours per day meditating in an Asana and then the rest of the day we drop that stillness, rushing around doing things without awareness, then it's like we are going forward a mile and then back the same distance, leaving us stuck at the same spot on our spiritual journey, even though we are meditating alot. 

I remember a time when I was very dedicated to maintaining Samadhi throughout the day. One morning, while sitting at a park, I suddenly shifted into a an incomplete and temporary state of Unity, where the inner and outer became one.  The state could be described as containing "Peace that passeth understanding" as well as being blissful, although not at the level of psychadelic trips, but it was still fantastic. 

Anyway.. The state brought with itself an even greater, naturally occuring physical stillness. Which is great, unless you are crossing a wide, busy street and you see the green light starting to flash, even though you haven't made it even half way across the street, so I had to run the remaining distance. 😄  That's when I noticed that the sudden increase in the speed of movement made the peace and bliss reduce significantly, even though I slowed down again after crossing. Uh oh, it turns out that speed is the enemy of God. 

It's not an original idea, but perhaps a refresher will be useful to some of us here.   

Thank you for reading. (hopefully slowly)

🙏🧘‍♂️

P.S. I've also had a girl come up to me, give me a flower and tell me the way I walk is amazing, referring to the slow, gentle meditative walk. We ended up exchanging numbers and hanging out, turns out she's very spiritual.

So there you go, another pick-up tactic for you guys who are into that type of stuff. 😄

Slowing down is definitely helpful in being mindful, but ironically when you keep doing that, you actually become faster in terms of productivity.

7 minutes ago, An young being said:

Slowing down is definitely helpful in being mindful, but ironically when you keep doing that, you actually become faster in terms of productivity.

That's a wonderful insight. 

I think we connect to true wisdom when we are present, so whatever we do is more effective. 

Thank you for sharing 🙏 

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found merely a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse, of that one the world is no longer worthy." - Jesus

Slowing down probably really is extremely important, even though sometimes we feel like we need to speed up to get things done and solve our problems etc. 

4 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

Slowing down probably really is extremely important, even though sometimes we feel like we need to speed up to get things done and solve our problems etc. 

Slowing down becomes much easier when we realise or believe that we have infinite time to experience life and we are not going to miss anything at all.

4 minutes ago, An young being said:

Slowing down becomes much easier when we realise or believe that we have infinite time to experience life and we are not going to miss anything at all.

And when we, maybe, realize that we don't need to try to work things out, that tha flow of intelligence will just carry us. I mean, that would be the true nirvana, true nothingness, in a sense, maybe. 

2 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

realize that we don't need to try to work things out, that tha flow of intelligence will just carry us.

Now that deserves an Amen. 🙏