ivankiss

The most powerful meditation in existence (original audio)

74 posts in this topic

On 29.11.2023 at 1:01 AM, UnbornTao said:

If it isn't an experience of who you are, be clear that what you're doing isn't that. It's an enjoyable shift in state.

UnbornTao could be talking to Buddha himself and still ask "is it direct though?" 😂

I'm curious though: how many of these "cool, interesting, but not quite it" experiences (the kinds that you like to criticize) have you had yourself, and how many so-called "direct" experiences have you had? My guess is if you've had very few of either, you would think that awakening is something extremely special that is very black and white (either you have it or you don't), while instead if you've had many of these experiences, you would see that they're not all that special and exist on a spectrum. Just a theory.

It's a natural impulse when you have few data points to treat each data point as special. Or you could have many data points and it could just be a temperamental difference.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Carl-Richard Once truly awake, it is perfectly clear that there is no experience, especially no experience of awakening. There never was any experience and there never will be.

That is why when someone asks me about my enlightenment experience, or talks about their supposedly stronger or better enlightenment experience... I chuckle.

Bunch of spiritual dummies.

I cannot wait to fully annihilate any remnants of that 'spiritual ego' in me. It's far more disgusting than your average, everyday, boring old materialistic ego. Or perhaps it's exactly the same shit.

Edited by ivankiss

2 hours ago, ivankiss said:

Once truly awake, it is perfectly clear that there is no experience, especially no experience of awakening. There never was any experience and there never will be.

A.k.a. "non-dual episodic amnesia" 😂

4 hours ago, ivankiss said:

I cannot wait to fully annihilate any remnants of that 'spiritual ego' in me. It's far more disgusting than your average, everyday, boring old materialistic ego. Or perhaps it's exactly the same shit.

Stop using the pronoun "I" for a little bit.

4 hours ago, ivankiss said:

@Carl-Richard Once truly awake, it is perfectly clear that there is no experience, especially no experience of awakening. There never was any experience and there never will be.

That is why when someone asks me about my enlightenment experience, or talks about their supposedly stronger or better enlightenment experience... I chuckle.

Bunch of spiritual dummies.

You've lost your mind.

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

A.k.a. "non-dual episodic amnesia" 😂

There's this internet thread with somebody cyberbullying absent you.

[redacted]

Edited by Carl-Richard

1 hour ago, MysticalSnow said:

There's this internet thread with somebody cyberbullying absent you.

[redacted]

We don't allow links to chat rooms outside the forum (the link didn't work anyway). That said, let me guess, it's that guy who tried to recruit forum members to his Discord some months ago? (I honestly can't remember his name atm lol, that's how strong this covid virus is).

Edited by Carl-Richard

15 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

We don't allow links to chat rooms outside the forum (the link didn't work anyway). That said, let me guess, it's that guy who tried to recruit forum members to his Discord some months ago? (I honestly can't remember his name atm lol, that's how strong this covid virus is).

What happened?

2 minutes ago, MysticalSnow said:

What happened?

What do you mean what happened?

Edited by Carl-Richard

1 minute ago, Carl-Richard said:

What do you mean what happened?

You said there was a guy who tried to recruit people from the forum months ago and you can't even remember his name because of covid symptoms.

I'm wondering about the context of that.

9 minutes ago, MysticalSnow said:

You said there was a guy who tried to recruit people from the forum months ago and you can't even remember his name because of covid symptoms.

I'm wondering about the context of that.

He used to chill on this forum and talk with me and particularly some other guy a lot (AtheistNonduality), then he turned to the dark side (jk). He was dissatisfied with the forum format and wanted to talk to people in a live chat format, so he created a Discord and started to subtly recruit people from the forum, even though he knew it was against the rules. Then he became more overt about it, which eventually got him banned, and then he got a bit sad when I didn't join his Discord. I figure he is still a bit sad?

Edited by Carl-Richard

10 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

He used to chill on this forum and talk with me and particularly some other guy a lot (AtheistNonduality), then he turned to the dark side (jk). He was dissatisfied with the forum format and wanted to talk to people in a live chat format, so he created a Discord and started to subtly recruit people from the forum, even though he knew it was against the rules. Then he became more overt about it, which eventually got him banned, and then he got a bit sad when I didn't join his Discord. I figure he is still a bit sad?

He says:

Lol nah

Good riddance I say

And this is more of a group chat than "my discord"

And unrelated you could try to help your covid issues using morphic fields, which happens when you go into a dark room and look at the purple colors, intending them to heal your body and reorganize your mind. Kinda like weed effects from ambulatory hypo- or hypertension.

He says:

Lol nah

Good riddance I say

And this is more of a group chat than "my discord"

Like talking to a Force ghost xD Tell him I'm proud of him that he didn't turn into the next Actualized off-shot Discord cult :D (I'm assuming that didn't happen, because the last cult ended up fragmenting and dissolving by this time because of the cultish behavior running down a slippery slope. If not, blink twice :ph34r:). 

Also tell him that it was my duty to scare him about the potential risks and to instill a sense of responsibility in him, even though I always knew there was little actual data for estimating the probability of him starting a cult. I believe the risks are lower now, which is probably why I say this now (also probably because I care less).

I actually deliberately held back from overtly acknowledging that the probabilities were largely unknown, because it would've signaled that the situation was less serious, which means I deliberately made myself come off as more emotional than logical, all because I saw it as a necessary move to potentially stop a cult from forming. I know he loves to think I'm emotional, but who would've thought I'm actually a bit of a Chess player (and a martyr) :P.

And unrelated you could try to help your covid issues using morphic fields, which happens when you go into a dark room and look at the purple colors, intending them to heal your body and reorganize your mind. Kinda like weed effects from ambulatory hypo- or hypertension.

Ah, that used to be one of my favorite hobbies back when I smoked weed.

Anyways, let's not derail this thread with niche forum history.

Edited by Carl-Richard

23 minutes ago, MysticalSnow said:

@Carl-Richard Did you know soonhei was an Aurora fan?

Nope. Great minds think alike though ^_^

Edited by Carl-Richard

10 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Nope. Great minds think alike though ^_^

Ah, and I'm friends with vaush's roommate.

Yes, I attribute cosmic significance to connections like this.

Edited by MysticalSnow

1 minute ago, MysticalSnow said:

Ah, and I'm friends with vaush's roommate.

Ah, Alden, right? xD

21 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

UnbornTao could be talking to Buddha himself and still ask "is it direct though?" 😂

I'm curious though: how many of these "cool, interesting, but not quite it" experiences (the kinds that you like to criticize) have you had yourself, and how many so-called "direct" experiences have you had? My guess is if you've had very few of either, you would think that awakening is something extremely special that is very black and white (either you have it or you don't), while instead if you've had many of these experiences, you would see that they're not all that special and exist on a spectrum. Just a theory.

It's a natural impulse when you have few data points to treat each data point as special. Or you could have many data points and it could just be a temperamental difference.

If I get rigorous with myself, a couple of "direct" ones at most. The other type, much more. They don't mean anything though, they are what they are -- an experience (of love, terror, bliss, profound wonder, union with the universe, etc). When going through them, it is easy to get swept away by them.

It is consciousness of your nature. Not special at all, can occur for everyone, but likely much less common than people make them out to be. 

I just want to make sure we don't assume that enlightenment is an experience or a perception, even if it is an unusual, intense one. Better to leave it as an unknown that's possible for you.

17 hours ago, MysticalSnow said:

Stop using the pronoun "I" for a little bit.

You've lost your mind.

I identify as a nonbinary cat. My pronouns are shut the hell up, snowball.

31 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

I identify as a nonbinary cat. My pronouns are shut the hell up, snowball.

I can find myself as a cat in an alternate timeline anytime soon, haha. As a cat that has forgotten that it has ever been a human, and remembering itself, in the cat mode of remembering, as has always been a cat. 

I think this frickin consciousness that i am, that existence is, darn infinite. And i will probably not experience what i said, but again, who knows what is possible or not, and shit like that. 

@Vibroverse A cat is no more or less God than me or you. Surely it is possible for one to shape shift into a cat or a dragon or whatever else. No doubt. But not before one's enlightenment reaches level 9000.

Those who know their frequencies are perfectly clear on this.

1 minute ago, ivankiss said:

@Vibroverse A cat is no more or less God than me or you. Surely it is possible for one to shape shift into a cat or a dragon or whatever else. No doubt. But not before one's enlightenment reaches level 9000.

Those who know their frequencies are perfectly clear on this.

Yeah, it is like the idea of "it is possible, but is it relevant" kinda thing that bashar talks about, i guess.