Carl-Richard

Covid brain fog, again — any tips?

46 posts in this topic

it goes away in like a month, I've had It happen a dozen times. hydration and saunas are okay for me

Recently Tamed Feral Buddhist Critter                   Restful Cube        

Inflammation of the brain can take a month or more to recover. So patience is a factor.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Paracetamol?

The "psychedelic" I'm up for.

:P 

Edited by UnbornTao

Man, how does the world not go to complete shit when so many people get Covid and so many people get brain fog for about a month?

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

6 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

so many people get brain fog for about a month?

That's pretty rare. You just got unlucky.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That's pretty rare. You just got unlucky.

22% is not rare imo. My brother and my mom also gets it.

Edited by Carl-Richard

4 hours ago, Bobby_2021 said:

I don't recommend working too hard at the gym. It's too dangerous. 

😂

@Carl-Richard  I had the covid brain fog too, the first time. I was quite panicked because I had never experienced such a mental incapacitation before.

I've had covid again since and didn't get the brain fog again, it was no big deal the second time.

I take Astragalus supplements when I have brain fog, they seem to clear it up nicely.

This plant boosts the immune system in certain ways that also helps it to clear out viruses.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

3 hours ago, flowboy said:

I take Astragalus supplements when I have brain fog, they seem to clear it up nicely.

How long did you take them for?

3 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

How long did you take them for?

In my experience they worked instantly. But I didn’t take them for covid related brain fog, it was a different brain fog (adhd/sleep deprivation/exhaustion related) so it would be an experiment. They’re harmless though

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

5 hours ago, flowboy said:

In my experience they worked instantly. But I didn’t take them for covid related brain fog, it was a different brain fog (adhd/sleep deprivation/exhaustion related) so it would be an experiment. They’re harmless though

I should probably just take something for the placebo anyway. SSRIs are only 2% more effective than placebo pills.

Edited by Carl-Richard

An acetylcholine boosting brain nutrient like DMAE might also help. Never tried it for covid because I didn’t know about it yet, but now I take it for winter depression and it seems to work wonders. Combine with choline. Only starts to work at day 4 or so

Revisiting this, I can't edit my post for some reason.

I would go with Ginkgo biloba over Echinacea, because this can be caused by an exaggerated immune system response. Echinacea can improve the immune response and this could be the very thing that causes problematic side effects of covid. More research is needed, and i've been out of this industry a while but looking at this i'd go with Ginkgo Biloba.

@Carl-Richard how are you now? 

There is some evidence for creatine. Have you tried ? 5mg daily. I've had long COVID coming up to 12months. Still dealing with 25+ symptoms of which is huge decline in cognitive functioning including brain 🧠 fog 🌫️

3 hours ago, Charlotte said:

@Carl-Richard how are you now? 

I would say 95% back to normal. A big turning point happened on December 1st, the night before I went to see this debate live (luckily for me), probably because I was meditating deeply while falling asleep. That was also the time I had started sprint training again, which generally has a very positive effect on my cognition. I had thought about trying cold showers, but after that night, I didn't see much need anymore.

3 hours ago, Charlotte said:

There is some evidence for creatine. Have you tried ? 5mg daily. I've had long COVID coming up to 12months. Still dealing with 25+ symptoms of which is huge decline in cognitive functioning including brain 🧠 fog 🌫️

Interesting. No, I haven't tried it. Damn, I can't imagine having no improvement in brain fog for a full year. That must really suck.

Edited by Carl-Richard

On 11/29/2023 at 9:17 AM, Carl-Richard said:

22% is not rare imo. My brother and my mom also gets it.

Maybe it’s genetics related

@Carl-Richard that's great news! Glad to hear it shifted by itself 😊

Yes a year, amongst other neurological symptoms also such as slurring words, memory issues, can't find words, it has and continues to be extremely challenging. Had to suspend my uni studies for now 🙁

Anyway, really glad to hear it's cleared up for ya 😊😊

On 12/1/2023 at 3:50 AM, BlueOak said:

Revisiting this, I can't edit my post for some reason.

You have 48 hours to edit