NineHfanbase

Undecided whether to pursue life experience or isolate and discover Truth?

79 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

Why separate them?

Can do both.

You mean live as Ego and pursue God simultaneously? 

31 minutes ago, NineHfanbase said:

You mean live as Ego and pursue God simultaneously? 

Live life and contemplate.

You don't have to become a monk in order to get enlightened.

On 11/30/2023 at 8:32 AM, UnbornTao said:

Live life and contemplate.

You don't have to become a monk in order to get enlightened

I agree physical isolation isn’t necessary. It probably won’t even work if you believe the world still has something valuable to give you. The itch to come back will be strong because u haven’t experienced enough of it to see it’s bullshit.

Mentally isolating yourself is necessary though, but I think that can only happen if you’re truly sick of the world and see no other option. 

it comes down to your ability to recognise patterns. It helps if you’re intelligent, artistic, or highly sensitive and so the effects of the pattern affect you more than the average and so motivates you to get out. or you see enough of the pattern that you catch on

Edited by NineHfanbase

39 minutes ago, NineHfanbase said:

I agree physical isolation isn’t necessary. It probably won’t even work if you believe the world still has something valuable to give you. The itch to come back will be strong because u haven’t experienced enough of it to see it’s bullshit.

Mentally isolating yourself is necessary though, but I think that can only happen if you’re truly sick of the world and see no other option. 

What are relationships? What is another? What are emotions? What is skill? How can you transform yourself and master something?

Pursue both relative and absolute truth.

39 minutes ago, NineHfanbase said:

it comes down to your ability to recognise patterns. It helps if you’re intelligent, artistic, or highly sensitive and so the effects of the pattern affect you more than the average and so motivates you to get out. or you see enough of the pattern that you catch on

Could be, I don't know.

6 hours ago, UnbornTao said:
Pursue both relative and absolute truth.

in my experience, if you want to find God, you have to be specific with your intention and complete in its conviction. If it’s vague, you’re basically shopping around for intentions and will likely get drawn back into ego world. The pull is strong, both inside you and outside you. 

On 30/11/2023 at 7:41 PM, NineHfanbase said:

in my experience, if you want to find God, you have to be specific with your intention and complete in its conviction. If it’s vague, you’re basically shopping around for intentions and will likely get drawn back into ego world. The pull is strong, both inside you and outside you. 

Who said that living a normal life correlates with having a weaker intention to find truth? 

Pursue mastery, transformation, and the absolute. You can live and take periods of intense contemplation, but I doubt many people will do that long-term. 

Edited by UnbornTao

6 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

Who said that living life correlates with having a weaker intention to find truth? 

Just pursue mastery in life, transformation, and the absolute. You can combine periods with intense contemplation, but I doubt many people will do that long-term or as a life-long thing. You could live in a monastery for a couple years and go back to "normal" life.

I think I understood what you’re trying to say. If I did, it made me realise an error in my perspective. Even though I no longer see the ego world as a threat, I still saw it as “other”, and that means some kind of plan has to be formulated to “deal with it”. Planning is the ego’s day job. Your whole point is that it shouldn’t matter what you do and where you go if everything is one.

Maybe you meant something else, but your input was helpful. thanks. 

Edited by NineHfanbase

Just now, NineHfanbase said:

I think I understood what you’re trying to say. If I did, it made me realise an error in my perspective. Even though I no longer see the ego as a threat, I still saw it as “other”, and that means some kind of plan has to be formulated to “deal with it”. Planning is the ego’s day job. Your whole point is that it shouldn’t matter what you do and where you go if everything is one.

Maybe you meant something else, but your input was helpful. thanks. 

Something like that, yes. You're welcome. Enjoy.

@NineHfanbase Careful now. You've had the right idea before when you believed that awakening is total commitment. 

You can't serve two masters, the illusion and the truth. If you try, since your base state is egoic, you will get immersed into the illusion and forget God. To awaken, God has to be at the forefront of your mind 24/7.

If you want to reach Truth, you have to sacrifice the illusion, which is a small price to pay as it's nothing to be desired if you clearly see what it really is.   

I know monks who go in and out of monasteries and don't get enlightened because they still have things they want from this world.

Anyway, not going to intrude upon your post anymore, just wanted to give a nudge in the right direction as you seem open mindead and smart, but still at a danger of being influenced by incorrect ideas, since your thought system isn't yet perfected.  

I would advise contemplating my advise and the opposing ones in silence, while staying present and looking at your past experiences.  

I've said pretty much everything there is to say on the topic. It's an extremely important one. If you choose wrongly, you won't wake up and suffer. That's why no one here is enlightened. They haven't totally commited. 

Anyway.. Good luck, dear brother. 

I hope you see the light and it brings you home. 🙏

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found merely a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse, of that one the world is no longer worthy." - Jesus

2 hours ago, NineHfanbase said:

If you really have the impulse to open yourself to the unfathomable, everything else will not interest you at all and you will only be interested in the mystical. meditation and psychedelics intensively, to a quite crazy level in some cases. There have been some months in which I have done psychedelics every day, it is inevitable.

once you open the well things become more progressive and the interest in the mundane returns as you realize that the mundane and the mystical are exactly the same, everything is life flowing, the total reality being

1 hour ago, Breakingthewall said:

If you really have the impulse to open yourself to the unfathomable, everything else will not interest you at all and you will only be interested in the mystical. meditation and psychedelics intensively, to a quite crazy level in some cases. There have been some months in which I have done psychedelics every day, it is inevitable.

once you open the well things become more progressive and the interest in the mundane returns as you realize that the mundane and the mystical are exactly the same, everything is life flowing, the total reality being

Psychedelics are limited. I experienced God a few years ago, it was brief but It was complete, and the experiences are not the same. Psychedelics let you see what God is through a screen, just like watching someone famous in a movie theatre vs. Seeing them in real life. Unfortunately that screen is your Ego, and it is in complete control of how it wants you to interpret God

Edited by NineHfanbase

2 hours ago, CoolDreamThanks said:

@NineHfanbase Careful now. You've had the right idea before when you believed that awakening is total commitment. 

You can't serve two masters, the illusion and the truth. If you try, since your base state is egoic, you will get immersed into the illusion and forget God. To awaken, God has to be at the forefront of your mind 24/7.

If you want to reach Truth, you have to sacrifice the illusion, which is a small price to pay as it's nothing to be desired if you clearly see what it really is.   

I know monks who go in and out of monasteries and don't get enlightened because they still have things they want from this world.

Anyway, not going to intrude upon your post anymore, just wanted to give a nudge in the right direction as you seem open mindead and smart, but still at a danger of being influenced by incorrect ideas, since your thought system isn't yet perfected.  

I would advise contemplating my advise and the opposing ones in silence, while staying present and looking at your past experiences.  

I've said pretty much everything there is to say on the topic. It's an extremely important one. If you choose wrongly, you won't wake up and suffer. That's why no one here is enlightened. They haven't totally commited. 

Anyway.. Good luck, dear brother. 

I hope you see the light and it brings you home. 🙏

I tried to message you earlier but an error popped up. Thank you for your input, the level up I received was because I decided to try your advice. It went uphill from there. I was already on day 12 in ACIM when you randomly popped up and told me to read the Disappearance of the Universe. I did. Thank you is what I say to that. Good book but you definitely have to be ready for it before it will help you, like any spiritual advice. 

You’re right, this is a sensitive time and I have to remember to tread lightly. But something tells me it’s only up from here. 

4 hours ago, NineHfanbase said:

Psychedelics are limited. I experienced God a few years ago, it was brief but It was complete, and the experiences are not the same. Psychedelics let you see what God is through a screen, just like watching someone famous in a movie theatre vs. Seeing them in real life. Unfortunately that screen is your Ego, and it is in complete control of how it wants you to interpret God

Psychedelics are useful when you will of surrender and opening is real. If you are full of greed, of desire to understand, to know, they will deceive you. If what you really want is to give of yourself, to drop the self, they will help you do that.

Undecided whether to pursue life experience or isolate and discover Truth?

Consider that you can do both, depending on the perspective you look at it from. For example, I’ve pursued exploring my sexuality and gender identity while distancing myself from family, as their values and mine have a significant mismatch. 

Trying to introduce gender identities beyond male and female to religious people is like explaining astrophysics to a toddler.

22 hours ago, NineHfanbase said:

I tried to message you earlier but an error popped up. Thank you for your input, the level up I received was because I decided to try your advice. It went uphill from there. I was already on day 12 in ACIM when you randomly popped up and told me to read the Disappearance of the Universe. I did. Thank you is what I say to that. Good book but you definitely have to be ready for it before it will help you, like any spiritual advice. 

You’re right, this is a sensitive time and I have to remember to tread lightly. But something tells me it’s only up from here. 

Wohoo, happy to hear!  

It actually took me like 3 times of closely studying the Dissapearance of the Universe to grasp it. I even played out the seperation story as though it was happening right now to make it more real and grasp it.

All of his other books are fantastic as well, since it's from the Apostles. The books "Lifetimes where Jesus and Buddha knew each other" were just mindblowing!! Can't recommend them highly enough.  

Anyway, hope you can keep pushing towards total commitment even after times when the illusion sucks you back in. It's impossible to let it all go at once, but we have to try again and again, clearing out the attatchements little by little, making less mistakes and wisening up with each passing day.    

Also, let me know if there are some lessons in ACIM or terms you find confusing, as Jesus has his own meaning for words and he uses unique terms. Not even saying I get all of them perfectly, but I might be helpful in some cases. 

🙏

Edited by CoolDreamThanks

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found merely a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse, of that one the world is no longer worthy." - Jesus

7 hours ago, CoolDreamThanks said:

It actually took me like 3 times of closely studying the Dissapearance of the Universe to grasp it. I even played out the seperation story as though it was happening right now to make it more real and grasp it.

All of his other books are fantastic as well, since it's from the Apostles. The books "Lifetimes where Jesus and Buddha knew each other" were just mindblowing!! Can't recommend them highly enough.  

Anyway, hope you can keep pushing towards total commitment even after times when the illusion sucks you back in. It's impossible to let it all go at once, but we have to try again and again, clearing out the attatchements little by little, making less mistakes and wisening up with each passing day.    

Also, let me know if there are some lessons in ACIM or terms you find confusing, as Jesus has his own meaning for words and he uses unique terms. Not even saying I get all of them perfectly, but I might be helpful in some cases. 

🙏

When I said I read it, I meant I started to read it. It’s a lot of mind blown moments at once, I’m taking it slow, the ego is running rampant lmao. But at the same time so is awareness, it’s levelling me back down and this results in seeing a bigger picture that I couldn’t fathom just moments ago. Surrender, acceptance, I repeat to myself. 

I’ll look into his other books for sure. I’m not that far in at all and it’s scary how much of an impact its had. 

On 11/29/2023 at 3:22 PM, Squeekytoy said:

This time is surely different bro! Ain't never gonna lose dis :ph34r:xD

You wouldn’t believe how smart it is. It’s mastered the art of persuasion. You already agree to do his bidding before hearing the entire pitch. The best of salesmen, no other liar can compare with the lies we tell ourselves.

Leo made a good analogy in one of his videos. One of its advanced moves is it “hijacks” consciousness to make you think you’ve “arrived”, and now you have to spread the gospel to all those unfortunate souls who are still asleep, waiting for you to save them. 

Edited by NineHfanbase

On 11/30/2023 at 11:43 PM, Breakingthewall said:

Psychedelics are useful when you will of surrender and opening is real. If you are full of greed, of desire to understand, to know, they will deceive you. If what you really want is to give of yourself, to drop the self, they will help you do that.

I agree. I’m under the impression that this is what dictates whether you have a good or bad trip. If your intention is set solely on God, there’s nothing standing in the way and the psychedelics will show you God clearly. If it’s influenced by ego, the psychedelics have to see through it in order for you to see God. If you insist on identifying with Ego, that’s not a pleasant experience while in this compromised state

Edited by NineHfanbase

13 hours ago, NineHfanbase said:

Leo made a good analogy in one of his videos. One of its advanced moves is it “hijacks” consciousness to make you think you’ve “arrived”, and now you have to spread the gospel to all those unfortunate souls who are still asleep, waiting for you to save them. 

Letting them go is wise. No need to give up your consciousness for another.