koops

Awakening insights (open for feedback)

40 posts in this topic

Yyesterday I watched Leo's video 'Guided Exercise for God Realization' while smoking weed.

Here you have the report, written a couple hours after:

This morning I put some things together.

Here we go:

-I understand the difference between CONCEPT and REALITY/ACTUALITY (seems like no big deal, but this is H-U-G-E)

24 hours after Im still baffled.

Is a HUGE shift.

-Im not a biological entity.

I'm imaging it.

My first glimpse was at: 'you weren't born, you are just imagining that', and 'you are not going to die, you are just imagining that'

WOW.

That hit me hard. That was the first crack.

Then:

Atoms doesn't exist! 'You are not a biological entity', 'you are imagining biology'. FUCK.

I was already on the floor on my knees by this time.

And the objections started  'well but when I go to sleep in an hour from now, there will be no consciousness there.'

And I got it!  

'I'M IMAGINING SLEEP!!'

Consciousness is not something I experience, is WHAT IS!

I AM THAT!

-I was emptiness. I was nothing. It felt like there was nothing to hold to (like materiality disappeared). there was no I. 

I/everything was pure imagination. 'I' was imagining reality!  

So... am I consciousness creating itself? God creating itself as reality?

I was scared. I felt anxious. I felt I had no control. My heart was pounding HARD

It felt like I could get into an existential crisis. There was no sense of future and past.

-I felt a big sense of aloneness.

I even grab my phone to look at pictures of my girlfriend.

This shit scared me.

I never read anything about solipsism, but I think I 'experienced' it.

But even then...  'solipsism' is a concept.. is not what IS.

-Dying before dying.

I got it now. 

-Now I get why Leo bashes scientist so much! @Leo Gura you sneaky bastard ;)

I remember he wrote once that science was like having sex with a condom.

And true spirituality was having raw sex.

hahaha yes yes!

Pure direct experience! Experience itself. 

ACTUALITY!

Just what IS.

Isness!

Absolute Truth.

What else could it be?

-There is only an Infinite field of consciousness
That field Rumi talked about.

No separation.

No fragmentation.

I was all. Life unfolding.

-That infinite field of consciousness is Perfect. Pure objectivity.

hahah of course!

How could it not be?

There is just One! Infinite. There is nothing to compare it to. There is nothing outside.

Infinity is Perfection. Life is moving from Perfection to Perfection.

Only by the distortion of the mind, only after the fragmentation of reality by the ego, can something look imperfect.

'Something' is imperfect for ME.

'Something' is imperfect for my finite form that is programmed for survival.

Only selfishness can occur when there is fragmentation.

Oneness, Infinite consciousness, the Infinite field is selflessness.

-It cant be faked. Is not a belief, a dogma or a rationalization.

-Is a realization. A recontextualiztion.  A radical one.

Some times i thought ‘what if all this 'enlightenment, 'there is no you', 'you are the whole universe' is just BS that people parrot, and is just a word game? 
What if this is just an scam? 

Ok, now I KNOW.

I know Leo and other teachers are talking truth. Not just babble, no parroting.

Today I watched some Leo's metaphysical videos thinking: 'Of course. This is evident.''

Even before I hit play I knew what kind of things he was going to say. Describing what Is. Seems obvious now.

- I felt that there is no reason to read more books or watch more videos.

No words, no quotes, no guru can teach me anything. 

There is nothing to teach or learn. Just reality to experience.

For sure Im going to watch more videos and read more books.

I understand that Im going to read about just mere concepts, fingers. But I already saw the moon!

In this metaphor, the moon is Absolute Truth!

Thats what the finger is pointing at!

I got it. The map is not the territory. 

Is not a just a cute quote. Is Truth. I am the territory.

-I understand all these Rumi quotes:

'Out beyond the ideas of wrong doing and right doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.'

“I have lived on the lip
of insanity, wanting to know reasons,
knocking on a door. It opens.
I've been knocking from the inside.”

'Why do you stay in prison when the door is so wide open?'

And the famous: before enlightenment carry water chop wood, after enlightenment carry water chop wood

Not claiming Im enlightened but makes sense now. Reality didn't change, just the context!

-I truly understood what the present moment is. Actuality. 

-I understand zen devilry

Awakening doesn't mean being a nice, loving or generous person. 

You can still be a piece of shit.

-I understand why illiterate people like Nisargadatta are able to awaken.

No reading necessary. Just pure direct experience (being). No need to understand anything.

It is very rewarding, like if I achieved a goal after all these years.

But what I realized... is that this is not the end, is probably just the beginning.

Im open to constructive feedback.

Edited by koops

11 minutes ago, koops said:

I understand the difference between CONCEPT and REALITY/ACTUALITY (seems like no big deal, but this is H-U-G-E)

24 hours after Im still baffled.

Is a HUGE shift.

It certainly is. ;)

It's weird and funny how most people really don't appreciate the incredible depth of this one simple insight even after they already had awakening experiences. It usually takes a long time to really sink in.

Having said that, I'd just like to point out that everything that you wrote in the OP is (of course) conceptual. This seems like nitpicking to some people, but it is an incredibly crucial point: Anything that can be put into words is always CONCEPTUAL. Which doesn't necessarily mean that it is somehow "wrong"... it simply means that it is a concept. And actual truth (aka. the Absolute) is not.

Anyway, I am happy for you for having had these amazing insights; but don't hold on to them. It looks like you have made a huge step towards negating what you up until now thought was "true"; the next step is to negate the negation, until there is nothing left to hold on to. As long as you are attached to a story (no matter the content), you haven't yet fully broken through, so to speak.

Godspeed!

1 hour ago, koops said:

I felt that there is no reason to read more books or watch more videos.

No words, no quotes, no guru can teach me anything. 

There is nothing to teach or learn. Just reality to experience.

That is so if you have reached the point in , with respect to reality, any idea has the same meaning: none. Only direct reality now is, words are unnecessary, they are obstacles, barriers.

but this does not mean that you have broken the layer of ice that this moment creates. Other ice layer is the appearance of succession of events, of temporality. and after this there are more layers, non conceptual layers, until you completely open yourself. This means breaking all limits.

You have broken the first limit, now you have to learn to observe yourself, to look deep into yourself. It is a very fascinating, addictive game. At some point, reality opens up, and you see yourself looking into infinity, and you realize that you are that. the great abyss , and that endless abyss lives.

Edited by Breakingthewall

25 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

but this does not mean that you have broken the layer of ice that this moment creates. Other ice layer is the appearance of succession of events, of temporality. and after this there are more layers, non conceptual layers, until you completely open yourself. This means breaking all limits.

The funny thing the ice layer is indeed the 'mystical conclusions' the op has wrote.

Now the limits are 'I understand what this present moment is', 'the Infinite field is selflessness', 'There is only an Infinite field of consciousness', etc... What are this? If they are not living experiences Right now?

Unless they are living experiences, they are the same as 'today I have to go pick up my kid from school', or 'hey honey, we need to go check out that new pizza venue they just opened'.

They might be more 'close' to the real thing, in terms of 'decoration', but in my humble opinion... they don´t actually work. 

Either those phrases are Living experiences, or else is a another mind trick. 

Edited by Javfly33

Just now, Javfly33 said:

Now the limits are 'I understand what this present moment is', 'the Infinite field is selflessness', 'There is only an Infinite field of consciousness', etc... What are this? If they are not living experiences Right now?

You can be in a state of total silence, with zero attachment to the few thoughts that arise, and you are still limited. The only thought could be: well, I know that infinity is right here, let's see if it opens. and more silence. You can stay like this for an hour, and it won't open. There is total calm, you are completely present, but you are limited, you are still there, the center of the experience, silent but solid.

You have to open up, it's something organic, like a plant that opens. It is an act of surrender and from what I see it only happens sometimes and is short-lived because there is a strong pressure from the self. When it happens, infinity opens, what you are manifests.

That is spirituality, letting go of the self, being the unlimited. getting it 1 minute every day is a challenge. Your life changes completely, you know what reality is and you look for it. I guess there will come a time when it will be easy.

2 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

You can be in a state of total silence, with zero attachment to the few thoughts that arise, and you are still limited. The only thought could be: well, I know that infinity is right here, let's see if it opens. and more silence. You can stay like this for an hour, and it won't open. There is total calm, you are completely present, but you are limited, you are still there, the center of the experience, silent but solid.

yeap, can relate..couldn´t have described it better... a lot of people do meditation and think that is it... but that is the tip of the iceberg. That is 0.5% of what is possible in terms of freedom and 'opening' as you say. 

You have to open up, it's something organic, like a plant that opens. It is an act of surrender and from what I see it only happens sometimes and is short-lived because there is a strong pressure from the self. When it happens, infinity opens, what you are manifests.

Imo The word 'surrender' is tricky. Because we understand surrender as an 'act', as 'action'. And from where 'action' comes? Always from the self. So lately what I have been discovering is that the ego or mind or self is surrendered with pure force. Some kind of activation of Consciousness, doesn´t matter by which means, mine that I do some yoga daily is because some energetic openings might happen, others it might be because one ingest a psychedelic, in anyway, it doesn´t matter. The point is, some button has been pushed, a more harmonic configuration has happened, that makes Consciousness to become Strong and Active, in that moment opening is possible. Because for the first time the tables are turned. The mind is weak and almost nowhere to be found, and the true Reality establishes is power. 

Because the surrender way... I don´t understand it. I´m not able to surrender...because as you say the self is the want that wants to surrender 😂 so again, that is 'action'. My perspective is: destroy the limits with Pure Force, pure Activation of Consciousness/Concentration. 

(with 'force' I don´t mean being angry of course, but an intensity of concentration, an Awareness very 'alive' so to speak). 

Edited by Javfly33

everytime you say the word leo you are blaspheming Christ, Jesus told you this when you were 6, you must recognize the original source. You life is a dream it is telling you something Jesus is the creator of this

Edited by Hojo

Some parts seem partial, but close to the Truth. 

The fear from the second part comes from an inaccurate perception from your ego. It is a result of intellectualizing the first insight. The ego putting its reigns back by questioning the experience. "But wait, if I'm this, that means I should fear this!"

Of course, you cannot imagine biology. No shit. It's just imagination. You can only think thoughts, not things that aren't thoughts. Don't ascribe any type of identity like "I am creating and imagining everything" to that, that's a trap.

5 hours ago, koops said:

But even then...  'solipsism' is a concept.. is not what IS.

Don't forget this part, it will save you a lot of headaches.

5 hours ago, koops said:

-I truly understood what the present moment is. Actuality.

Yes, and it is possible to live the rest of your life from here if you inquire into what you are, that "recontextualization" can occur sober, and that is enlightenment. Don't be gaslighted into thinking otherwise. 

What you describe sounds very similar to actual enlightenment, but I also see many concepts floating around. Pretty good all things considered. You're at a place which isn't that ungrounded. This is probably about as good as an awakening can get.

5 hours ago, koops said:

am I consciousness creating itself? God creating itself as reality?

Can you really find an answer which will explain your experience? Why create questions out of it? All questions are made by you, and you can stop making them too.

Notice how once you had this desire to question the experience, fear started to arise, very curious. 

Also, be careful, many people parrot terms like "consciousness", "infinity", etc, but they are talking about something completely different. Always compare your own experience of those things to what other people say.

Edited by Osaid

Describe a thought.

9 hours ago, koops said:

Then:

Atoms doesn't exist! 'You are not a biological entity', 'you are imagining biology'. FUCK.

I was already on the floor on my knees by this time.

Haha, God is tricky.

8 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

yeap, can relate..couldn´t have described it better... a lot of people do meditation and think that is it... but that is the tip of the iceberg. That is 0.5% of what is possible in terms of freedom and 'opening' as you say. 

Yes, people think: I have realized that thoughts are not reality and I live in the present moment, then I am enlightened. That would be the state a child or a dog is in. It is a more fluid state, more real, but it is still trapped in the self. This is inevitable, any being perceives itself as a center, as an experiencer.

Letting go of the self is very difficult, the way to do it, according to what I have seen is, usually help with some low dose of psychedelic, but not always necessary, then truly wanting to merge with the now. then you observe for a long time in total silence, you focus on that feeling of center, on the self that is always there, then sometimes, in a moment, the understanding occurs, you see it. and the self opens, it dissapear. reality manifests itself, the total joy of life, the bottomless pit of existence. you flow in total freedom, and understanding is total because that flow is to understand. That is, there is nothing more to know or understand, it is pure existence, what you are. glory, happiness and laughter. 

but....this is very difficult to maintain, the self is a solid construction, it immediately start to return. When it returns you realize that its matter is the same pure existence, the same happiness, or love or whatever we call it, but it creates a solid structure, a capsule, and encloses reality. After this comes conceptualization, talking about infinity, the creative source, etc., but all this comes from the mental. It is only useful to achieve new openings 

Edited by Breakingthewall

12 hours ago, koops said:

Atoms doesn't exist! 'You are not a biological entity', 'you are imagining biology'.

That is another thought at the end. is to replace: I am a biological entity with I am imagining biology. Both are mental constructions. It is the problem of Leo's spirituality, which replaces one mental grip with another. Perhaps it is necessary at the beginning, since few people are prepared to be without grip, in a mental void, and this is a first step, but if you stay here, it will be of no use to you.

There is only one objective, total openess. Adopting Leo's philosophy will not make anyone achieve that openness, but will create religious people. Once you have made your mind more flexible by changing paradigms, abandon all paradigms.

19 hours ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

It certainly is. ;)

It's weird and funny how most people really don't appreciate the incredible depth of this one simple insight even after they already had awakening experiences. It usually takes a long time to really sink in.

Really?

Isn't this the 'basic foundation' of awakening?

How can you have an awakening without realizing this?

19 hours ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Having said that, I'd just like to point out that everything that you wrote in the OP is (of course) conceptual. This seems like nitpicking to some people, but it is an incredibly crucial point: Anything that can be put into words is always CONCEPTUAL. Which doesn't necessarily mean that it is somehow "wrong"... it simply means that it is a concept. And actual truth (aka. the Absolute) is not.

Anyway, I am happy for you for having had these amazing insights; but don't hold on to them. It looks like you have made a huge step towards negating what you up until now thought was "true"; the next step is to negate the negation, until there is nothing left to hold on to. As long as you are attached to a story (no matter the content), you haven't yet fully broken through, so to speak.

Yes, I get what you are saying.

Now I realize the memory of the awakening is just that, a memory. A concept.

I realize I'm attached to the story.

Is an ego trip. The ego-mind now fragmented reality into: 'having an awakening' and 'not having an awakening'.

And it likes to identify itself with the first one.

How sneaky ;)

17 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

There was not total calm. I can tell you that. haha

Was a mix of fear and uncontrollable laughter. I was saying 'this is it' 'this is it'

I consider it organic. It happened. It was a sudden realization.

Thoughts arose. But 'I' wasn't having them. They just appeared. It wasn't a meditative state. Way way different experience.

At the end it remind me of Leo's live awakening videos. 

18 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

That is so if you have reached the point in , with respect to reality, any idea has the same meaning: none. Only direct reality now is, words are unnecessary, they are obstacles, barriers.

You have broken the first limit, now you have to learn to observe yourself, to look deep into yourself. It is a very fascinating, addictive game. At some point, reality opens up, and you see yourself looking into infinity, and you realize that you are that. the great abyss , and that endless abyss lives.

mmm still don't get what you are saying here.

maybe in the future I will ;)

17 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

The funny thing the ice layer is indeed the 'mystical conclusions' the op has wrote.

Unless they are living experiences, they are the same as 'today I have to go pick up my kid from school', or 'hey honey, we need to go check out that new pizza venue they just opened'.

They might be more 'close' to the real thing, in terms of 'decoration', but in my humble opinion... they don´t actually work. 

Either those phrases are Living experiences, or else is a another mind trick. 

Of course. Now I only have a memory of that.

Now all that is just a concept. The ego-mind is identified with 'having experienced an awakening'. And he loves it.
How tricky! He is even claiming that it did it!

The question is: Is possible to live permanently in that state?

Are enlightened people living in that state?

When you ask Rupert Spira about awakening or consciousness, is the talking via DIRECT PRESENT LIVING experience?

I doubt it. And even if he does, just by putting it into words for an explanation, 'what it Is' is already lost with a layer of concepts. Is the finger, not the moon.

But at the end of the day, we have to communicate in some way.

15 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

I wasn't meditating.

I was watching the video 'Guided exercise for realizing you are God'.

Now I understand why Leo warns people about meditation.

I went way deeper this time with the guided exercise. Was a totally different experience.

15 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

Imo The word 'surrender' is tricky. Because we understand surrender as an 'act', as 'action'. And from where 'action' comes? Always from the self. So lately what I have been discovering is that the ego or mind or self is surrendered with pure force. Some kind of activation of Consciousness, doesn´t matter by which means, mine that I do some yoga daily is because some energetic openings might happen, others it might be because one ingest a psychedelic, in anyway, it doesn´t matter. The point is, some button has been pushed, a more harmonic configuration has happened, that makes Consciousness to become Strong and Active, in that moment opening is possible. Because for the first time the tables are turned. The mind is weak and almost nowhere to be found, and the true Reality establishes is power. 

Because the surrender way... I don´t understand it. I´m not able to surrender...because as you say the self is the want that wants to surrender 😂 so again, that is 'action'. My perspective is: destroy the limits with Pure Force, pure Activation of Consciousness/Concentration. 

(with 'force' I don´t mean being angry of course, but an intensity of concentration, an Awareness very 'alive' so to speak). 

I get what you are saying here.

The thing about awakening is that is spontaneous.

I was watching the video and it happened.

It was a realization, a radical recontextualization or reality.

In fact, I was scared. I didn't wanted to surrender that much!

But it just happened.

1 hour ago, koops said:

Really?

Isn't this the 'basic foundation' of awakening?

How can you have an awakening without realizing this?

Dude, you'd be surprised. Just look up one of the 100000 solipsism threads on this forum and see for yourself how attached self-proclaimed "awakened" people are to their precious spiritual concepts, lol.

You can't blame them too much though. The ego is literally scared to death when it feels that its identity is being threatened; and so most people immediately create a new "spiritual" identity for themselves as soon as they had their peek behind the curtain. Like I said, it takes time for the realization to really sink in and to find the courage to finally let go of all conceptual fantasies.

1 hour ago, koops said:

Yes, I get what you are saying.

Now I realize the memory of the awakening is just that, a memory. A concept.

I realize I'm attached to the story.

That's very good. As long as you are aware of this, you are on the right track.

You don't necessarily need to get 'rid' of the story... as long as you are a human being, there will be certain conceptual constructs within your awareness. Just recognize them for what they are: Stories. Nothing more, nothing less.

1 hour ago, koops said:

Is an ego trip. The ego-mind now fragmented reality into: 'having an awakening' and 'not having an awakening'.

And it likes to identify itself with the first one.

How sneaky ;)

Hehehe... exactly. God is one hell of a trickster!

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

15 hours ago, Osaid said:

Some parts seem partial, but close to the Truth. 

The fear from the second part comes from an inaccurate perception from your ego. It is a result of intellectualizing the first insight. The ego putting its reigns back by questioning the experience. "But wait, if I'm this, that means I should fear this!"

Of course, you cannot imagine biology. No shit. It's just imagination. You can only think thoughts, not things that aren't thoughts. Don't ascribe any type of identity like "I am creating and imagining everything" to that, that's a trap.

What do you mean?

Biology, math, atoms, the number 6 are concepts. Not Reality.

How can I have a RAW experience of 'biology'?

That is a layer upon Reality.

Yes, and it is possible to live the rest of your life from here if you inquire into what you are, that "recontextualization" can occur sober, and that is enlightenment. Don't be gaslighted into thinking otherwise. 

mmm.. that's what I was thinking today and yesterday.

What's the difference between awakening and enlightenment?

Is enlightenment a permanent awakening?
Is that even possible?

Imagine Leo talking to a hot girl in the club.

'He' is not the Infinite Field of Consciousness at that moment hahah

He is just a man talking to a woman, trying to get his needs met.

I think is impossible. I still don't grab this.

Can you really find an answer which will explain your experience? Why create questions out of it? All questions are made by you, and you can stop making them too.

Notice how once you had this desire to question the experience, fear started to arise, very curious. 

Also, be careful, many people parrot terms like "consciousness", "infinity", etc, but they are talking about something completely different. Always compare your own experience of those things to what other people say.

I was asking that because I feel I can go deeper, and wanted feedback of people who had gone deeper.

I realize I can have an awakening, but not being deep or broad enough (for example, I didn't awakened to Infinite Love)

I always hated when people 'parrot' those terms. But now I got it. I know what they point to.

Before it felt like if I was a virgin and people talked about 'cumming' 'orgasm'. They were just words without substance.

Now is like I lost my virginity and I know by direct experience what they are pointing at. 

But yeah, I realize those are just concepts. A way to communicate between humans ;)

8 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

Yes, people think: I have realized that thoughts are not reality and I live in the present moment, then I am enlightened. That would be the state a child or a dog is in. It is a more fluid state, more real, but it is still trapped in the self. This is inevitable, any being perceives itself as a center, as an experiencer.

Nope, thats not what happened.

I wasn't trapped in the self! I wasn't the center, I wasn't an experiencer! I was the experience

Thats what scared me haha

I didnt let go of the self. I didn't surrender. It wasn't intentional. That just happened.

Letting go of the self is very difficult, the way to do it, according to what I have seen is, usually help with some low dose of psychedelic, but not always necessary, then truly wanting to merge with the now. then you observe for a long time in total silence, you focus on that feeling of center, on the self that is always there, then sometimes, in a moment, the understanding occurs, you see it. and the self opens, it dissapear. reality manifests itself, the total joy of life, the bottomless pit of existence. you flow in total freedom, and understanding is total because that flow is to understand. That is, there is nothing more to know or understand, it is pure existence, what you are. glory, happiness and laughter

Reality manifests itself':  Yes. This.

That is, there is nothing more to know or understand, it is pure existence, what you are. glory, happiness and laughter.'

Yes. And for me, also: fear. My heart pumping HARD. (Is funny that the next day I was watching some video of Leo and said exactly that:

You are probably going to feel your heart racing and you may feel a panic attack.  YES I did.

but....this is very difficult to maintain, the self is a solid construction, it immediately start to return. When it returns you realize that its matter is the same pure existence, the same happiness, or love or whatever we call it, but it creates a solid structure, a capsule, and encloses reality. After this comes conceptualization, talking about infinity, the creative source, etc., but all this comes from the mental. It is only useful to achieve new openings 

Exactly.

That was what I was thinking.

How to maintain it? Is that even possible?

Or we just get an increase in baseline day to day consciousness?

I think is more like this.

We get the up & down, but the baseline is now 'higher'. More open, as you say.

That is another thought at the end. is to replace: I am a biological entity with I am imagining biology. Both are mental constructions. It is the problem of Leo's spirituality, which replaces one mental grip with another. Perhaps it is necessary at the beginning, since few people are prepared to be without grip, in a mental void, and this is a first step, but if you stay here, it will be of no use to you.

There is only one objective, total openess. Adopting Leo's philosophy will not make anyone achieve that openness, but will create religious people. Once you have made your mind more flexible by changing paradigms, abandon all paradigms.

There is no replacement.

That guided exercise is similar to neti neti. Stripping away layers of concepts

Negating everything until I arrived at... Nothing! Actuality! Absolute Truth!

(I think what you call 'total openess' is what I refer to with these words).