NineHfanbase

Feeling disingenuous when Socializing?

9 posts in this topic

I wonder if anyone else can relate to this.

I don’t love being alone, but socializing for me is painful. I’m not shy or scared of people. I’m just not motivated to feign interest in what interests everyone else. Who said what, who’s the asshole, who’s the best guy ever, what that idiot did or didn’t do, that tv show, that sports game. I just don’t care. Pretending to care is a lot of effort for me. 

Leo touches on the importance of experience in order to grow. Almost every experience involves a social group In which you have to belong for it to be fulfilling. I feel hypocritical knowing that it’s all for show, yet going along with it anyway for the sake of growth. I feel hypocritical when I pretend because I know it’s all an act.

Anyone having a similar experience?

You shouldn't expect to connect with everyone. By being fake you don't allow people to see the real you and determining if you are right for them and vice versa.

You shouldn't act like a relationship is an attainable goal. It puts pressure on you and others to be a certain way.

Welcome to life. It is not always dancing on the roses, laughter, and passion.

In fact, the majority of life is rigorous boring work. But the underline passion towards whatever you are trying to do and / or reach will make it more enjoyable.

Same here.

Connect with me on Instagram: instagram.com/miguetran

On 11/15/2023 at 2:05 PM, NineHfanbase said:

Who said what, who’s the asshole, who’s the best guy ever, what that idiot did or didn’t do, that tv show, that sports game. I just don’t care. Pretending to care is a lot of effort for me. 

And there is no rule saying that you have to care, let alone pretend to.

You can learn to pretend in a playful way. Socializing is a chore when you take it too seriously. 

1 hour ago, Yimpa said:

Consider that everyone is making shit up.

Thanks. there’s no reason to over think socialization when you look at it this way. I guess I’m not completely at ease when talking to people, part of the reason why I over think it. 

3 hours ago, NineHfanbase said:

I guess I’m not completely at ease when talking to people, part of the reason why I over think it. 

Gotcha. This Leo episode may be useful for you.

Contemplate the similarities & differences of body awareness & awareness during social interactions

On 2023-11-17 at 4:48 PM, Yimpa said:

Gotcha. This Leo episode may be useful for you.

Contemplate the similarities & differences of body awareness & awareness during social interactions

This was helpful. thanks