Princess Arabia

Byron Katie explains What All Is Imaginary Means

17 posts in this topic

Byron Katie, in her own words, explains what it means to say All is Imaginary. The part where she explains this starts from marker 8:15. It might give you a better understanding of what this means.

Know thyself....

She is not the best explainer but she tried her best. But it is a complex web. One of the things that Leo mentioned that I noticed went over a lot of people's heads is how Consciousness gets tangled up in itself. This comes from the lack of awareness that the map and the territory are ONE. Your beliefs and your experience are ONE AND THE SAME. Your beliefs FILTER, MODULATE, SEPERATE, YOUR EXPERIENCE. But notice you can't seperate what filters from what it is filtering. 

For example, emotions modulate, or impact your experience of something. Is emotions separate from experience? NO!!! So notice how you would have people on the forums tell you or something is just a belief. The pain you feel from a chainsaw cutting your leg off is NO LESS A BELIEF than say a belief in NIHILISM. Now notice what I am communicating here cannot be understand unless you have become aware of this. 

The power of belief is ABSOLUTE!!! This is why you cannot separate the relative and the Absolute. No separation goes both ways!!! You can separate separation, and you cannot separate it because it never existed in the first place. How do we separate anything? We use words, we use the beliefs to discuss. Now notice you have people who demonize words and beliefs not realizing that words are no different than physical reality. Words are an appearance!! Even SILENCE is an appearance!! Notice how they don't demonize SILENCE. They praise it like its some how different than Sound!! 

So notice how she said when she clapped that was the past? She is correct in that she asked them what happened, well whatever they say is in the past. Their mind recorded what happened and they recalled it and said it. So whatever is present is present, and the past is a recall of the present that can only exist through memory, and then there is a future which is another form of memory it is a calculation and prediction of the present and the past to predict. So both past and future are imagined. Notice how nobody disputes this. But they want to dispute that the present is being imagined? Do you see these logical fallacies? 

It's why I keep saying you gotta be honest. Stop creating more stories. GOD CREATED LANGUAGE. Use language in a conscious way. When I talk about humanity I am talking about bias, and unconsciousness. God created language, but the unskillful method of language is NOT GOD. It's God in the human identity. Remember the only difference between God and a human is bias, is honesty, is clarity, is mastery. 

So language isn't bad, your demonization and bias of language is bad. This is why I say human spirituality is bullshit. Nothing God creates is bad, the only bad is our lack of skill/mastery.

P.S. Sound is not a remembrance, its an appearance that happens directly. It's the discussion, the pondering about a sound, the thought about the sound that is a remembrance. Notice the slight corruption in her explanation. She tells you, that you can never see the phone...AS YOU ARE SEEING THE PHONE. And yes if I want I could even make sense out of her crazy conceptualization but it would only serve to confuse you more. You see you can be skillful or unskillful with logic. Her logic is unskillful. 

You might ask what the is purpose of biased flawed teachers? The purpose is to push you to become your own authority. If a teacher is too good you will get attached and never leave and become lazy and dependent on them. This is why some teachers play games intentionally and create errors intentionally to get you to leave. While some teachers LOVE being teachers so they aim to become so good that nobody leaves. So do you see how life is counter-intuitive? Sometimes you have to be bad on purpose to create good.

This is why there is no bad, all things that are quote on quote bad actually serve good. All is in service to good especially when done consciously.

Edited by Razard86

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

Such babble.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Such babble.

Lol. See between the babbling.

Know thyself....

I hope you don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’re relying these insights on what others said instead of experience it. I don’t even take Leo’s insights as true at first depending the topic, I have to take some time to go out there and test it like a scientist.

Belief < Experience

Edited by Juan

49 minutes ago, Juan said:

I hope you don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’re relying these insights on what others said instead of experience it. I don’t even take Leo’s insights as true at first depending the topic, I have to take some time to go out there and test it like a scientist.

Belief < Experience

Feel free to express yourself with me, I don't take too many things personally. That said, I share information, this is what a forum is for amongst many other purposes. Just like I take in information. What one does with it is up to them. I'm not relying on anything in particular to recognize or see my own truth. 

I cannot help but experience life because that is what life is doing and I am life. I experienced the video, so that's experience itself. How I interpret it, will determine my future experiences. That goes for anything in life. 

We live in our own world's and what may be good for me may not be good for others. We are constructing our Realities as we speak. What is true for me may not be true for you. All truth is relative and absolute simultaneously;  all embed within the one Absolute Truth. So it doesn't really matter what insights I cling or hold unto, or what I believe, that will become true for me. 

You have made Leo's insights important to you by not taking them as true at first, as you said, so you go out and test them like a scientist. That's what you're relying on, proof, someone else's insight to become true for you. You're not recognizing you are doing this, but you are. I don't take anything as true or not true because it all is, and not, depending on how you look at it. 

I am being lived and whenever something within me says, without hesitation, share this, I share it. There's someone out there that needed to see it. There is nothing here that I am doing for me. It is for the collective. When I share something it won't resonate with all but it will for some. When I ask a question and receive an answer, that answer may change someone else's world as trivial as it may be to me. So I understand this about life, so I never hesitate to share something that I felt the urge to because I am being lived and the Universe is working through me and everyone else, it's just some don't recognize this to be so because they are blinded by their outer senses.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

Yeah, gather as much information as you can from various resources and schools of thought, but don't get lost in them, find your own inner resonance, so to speak, mhm, good. 

Edited by Vibroverse

14 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

Yeah, gather as much information as you can from various resources and schools of thought, but don't get lost in them, find your own inner resonance, so to speak, mhm, good. 

Exactly...I don't rely on anything other than my inner authority, but we still live in a world of communication where we can ask questions and hear other people's insights and wisdom. A lot of things I've learnt in life was because of someone else's wisdom and I'm forever thankful that many have come before me and have done what I'd like to do successfully. Health, food and nutrition is one of them and if it wasn't for a lot of the books I've read, shows I've watched or other people's knowledge on the subject that they shared and have applied to my life, I'd probably be sick today like half of the population  who are on meds. So I still listen to others and weed out what doesn't resonate.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

10 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Exactly...I don't rely on anything other than my inner authority, but we still live in a world of communication where we can ask questions and hear other people's insights and wisdom. A lot of things I've learnt in life was because of someone else's wisdom and I'm forever thankful that many have come before me and have done what I'd like to do successfully. Health, food and nutrition is one of them and if it wasn't for a lot of the books I've read, shows I've watched or other people's knowledge on the subject that they shared and have applied to my life, I'd probably be sick today like half of the population  who are on meds. So I still listen to others and weed out what doesn't resonate.

Yeah, exactly. And meds might be the bridge for some also, right? Everyone is where they are, in the process of discovering and realizing themselves, in a sense, mhm. 

Edited by Vibroverse

13 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

Yeah, exactly. And meds might be the bridge for some also, right? Everyone is where they are, in the process of discovering and realizing themselves, in a sense, mhm. 

👍

Know thyself....

17 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

Byron Katie, in her own words, explains what it means to say All is Imaginary. The part where she explains this starts from marker 8:15. It might give you a better understanding of what this means.

I believe she simply points to the fact that whatever we see is a projection of the mind and not the actual thing. It's just one of the many ways of perceiving reality. It's the mother of all beliefs trying to prove that life is imaginary. There are many fathers though.

10 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

Feel free to express yourself with me, I don't take too many things personally. That said, I share information, this is what a forum is for amongst many other purposes. Just like I take in information. What one does with it is up to them. I'm not relying on anything in particular to recognize or see my own truth. 

I cannot help but experience life because that is what life is doing and I am life. I experienced the video, so that's experience itself. How I interpret it, will determine my future experiences. That goes for anything in life. 

We live in our own world's and what may be good for me may not be good for others. We are constructing our Realities as we speak. What is true for me may not be true for you. All truth is relative and absolute simultaneously;  all embed within the one Absolute Truth. So it doesn't really matter what insights I cling or hold unto, or what I believe, that will become true for me. 

You have made Leo's insights important to you by not taking them as true at first, as you said, so you go out and test them like a scientist. That's what you're relying on, proof, someone else's insight to become true for you. You're not recognizing you are doing this, but you are. I don't take anything as true or not true because it all is, and not, depending on how you look at it. 

I am being lived and whenever something within me says, without hesitation, share this, I share it. There's someone out there that needed to see it. There is nothing here that I am doing for me. It is for the collective. When I share something it won't resonate with all but it will for some. When I ask a question and receive an answer, that answer may change someone else's world as trivial as it may be to me. So I understand this about life, so I never hesitate to share something that I felt the urge to because I am being lived and the Universe is working through me and everyone else, it's just some don't recognize this to be so because they are blinded by their outer senses.

Wow...you constructed a position that cannot be argued against unless you wanna be a jerk. LOL.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

14 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

You have made Leo's insights important to you by not taking them as true at first, as you said, so you go out and test them like a scientist. That's what you're relying on, proof, someone else's insight to become true for you. You're not recognizing you are doing this, but you are.

Who said I made Leo’s insights important? I was just bringing an example, it could be Leo’s or anyone you follow. What’s the matter with relying on proof? That is more valuable than just take any belief. If you can make fire in X, Y and Z ways, test it then to confirm it, depending the subject it is not necessary to recreate the wheel. I recognize what I do, we also learn everyday. 

3 hours ago, Razard86 said:

Wow...you constructed a position that cannot be argued against unless you wanna be a jerk. LOL.

LOL

Edited by Juan

i like Byron Katie, good video. one to remember, great insights

Just now, cjoseph90 said:

i like Byron Katie, good video. one to remember, great insights

👍

Know thyself....