Archie

What are the best news sources?

29 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Ash55 said:

well yeah, just for context when you read Islamic literature or history "no god but Allah" is like the plot twist to any story of significant, 
and you hear a lot form people here (btw am middle eastern ) how people start picking interest in Islamic literature then say the world that makes you a Muslim which is "no god but Allah" (its like the stories typical stories you would hear here that people converting to islam ) so leo has great interest in sofiism too
i kinda  ruined the joke already i guess leo probably might get it

Sorry for ruining your joke, I should have quoted some previous replies!

I scrolled through Al Jazeera Channel on YT to see if there is mention of the October 7 massacre in Israel. There was no mention of it except a video showing sky with rockets from Gaza towards Israel and people happy in the comments 🤦🏼‍♀️

There is even no mention of the videos Hamas terrorists filmed during the attack on October 7, showing their crimes.
No mention of the Israeli hostages, no mention of Hamas locating themselves among the civilians, no mention of Hamas keep lunching rockets on Israel during this entire time.

Later I discovered that Al Jazeera is used as a direct propaganda tool of Hamas, it is loyal to Hamas' narrative only.
It's interesting that Al Jazeera center is located in Doha, Qatar, the same place Hamas leadership is located.

There is an interesting read on Wikipedia about the criticism of Al Jazeera. The main critic, obviously, is their pro-Palestinian, antisemitic and anti American bias.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Jazeera_controversies_and_criticism?wprov=sfla1

This is probably the most censorshiped news channel in the world. It's hilarious that people in the west take Al Jazeera so seriously.

Edited by Lila9

12 hours ago, Lila9 said:

I scrolled through Al Jazeera Channel on YT to see if there is mention of the October 7 massacre in Israel. There was no mention of it except a video showing sky with rockets from Gaza towards Israel and people happy in the comments 🤦🏼‍♀️

Definitely a highly biased channel.

There is even no mention of the videos Hamas terrorists filmed during the attack on October 7, showing their crimes.
No mention of the Israeli hostages, no mention of Hamas locating themselves among the civilians, no mention of Hamas keep lunching rockets on Israel during this entire time.

Actually crazy.

Later I discovered that Al Jazeera is used as a direct propaganda tool of Hamas, it is loyal to Hamas' narrative only.
It's interesting that Al Jazeera center is located in Doha, Qatar, the same place Hamas leadership is located.

Not surprising.

There is an interesting read on Wikipedia about the criticism of Al Jazeera. The main critic, obviously, is their pro-Palestinian, antisemitic and anti American bias.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Jazeera_controversies_and_criticism?wprov=sfla1

This is probably the most censorshiped news channel in the world. It's hilarious that people in the west take Al Jazeera so seriously.

I remeber now how this channel was biased also in early 2000's during the 2nd Intifada when suicidal bombers exploded buses and restaurants in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv 1-2 times a week and sometimes even more, killing 1,100 Israelis during all this period.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Thinking independently about the spiral stages themselves is important for going through them in an organic, efficient way. If you stick to an external idea about how a stage should be you lose touch with its real self customized process trying to happen inside you.

The best news sources are the ones that are nuanced, don’t purposefully push on your emotions to keep your attention, and aren’t interested in destroying another party.

Israel is making fun of BBC news bias, again 😂

17 hours ago, Lila9 said:

Israel is making fun of BBC news bias, again 😂

And went viral, also again :)

🌻 Thinking independently about the spiral stages themselves is important for going through them in an organic, efficient way. If you stick to an external idea about how a stage should be you lose touch with its real self customized process trying to happen inside you.

Look out for news sources that appeal to fear and hope. That's where the money is at. Unfortunately, that is most news sources. I am a fan of google. news simply because it compiles news from various sources. But on youtube I subscribe to CNN, BBC, Breaking Points, and Secular Talk.