rachMiel

Tulpas

13 posts in this topic

Are there any tulpamancers among us? I'd love to get an insider's view of working with tulpas. 

Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ... 

I'm not a tulpamancer but from what I've learned about this subject it can be very dangerous for unprepared user. Similar case as siddhi stuff. Mind is a very powerful tool. Long practice under experienced and honest supervisor is highly advised here.

Sounds like sage advice, thanks. That's one of the reasons I started the thread, to get a sense of the danger from the pov of a practitioner. 

@rachMiel Far from being sage😂😂😂. Like in this saying: good from far but far from good. 

The only thing is I've been practising quite intensively Kundalini Kriya for a longer while. Stuff happens there. Powerful stuff. I'm guided by a wise and humble man. Thanks God😉

1 hour ago, Kuba Powiertowski said:

good from far but far from good. 

The only thing is I've been practising quite intensively Kundalini Kriya for a longer while. Stuff happens there. Powerful stuff. I'm guided by a wise and humble man. Thanks God

"Good from far but far from good." I like it! 

Why "Thanks God"? Do you find messing around with Kundalini potentially dangerous? 

And how is your Kundalini Kriya practice similar to tulpamancy? 

I'm not a tulpamancer as such. But I have dabbled. There is a fair amount of mental effort involved. I've found that it's much easier to just embody your tulpa and be them. All this talk of it being a dangerous activity is rubbish. Just go ahead and do it. Having imaginary people in your life is not dangerous.

57% paranoid

@rachMiel Being strongly identified with persona body-mind complex, you slowly release your attachments, this identification and start raising to higher vibrations of energy within - let's say = your "larger you." But your human ego wants to jump in at any occasion. With the realized powers of your mind, you can do various stuff, i.e. - lucid dreaming, where you may don't want to wake up in this realm; astral projection - same, you may want to stay there; OBE - you may don't want your heavy, dense bodysuit anymore. You may also create more or less self-aware being called tulpa - a lot of things may happen if you are not in control of your mind - which means that all mental issues may cause a further serious distortion for your persona. Generally - nothing to worry about:)

As solipsists here would say - you imagine everything that exists. One more imagined friend shouldn't be a problem:)

1 hour ago, LastThursday said:

I'm not a tulpamancer as such. But I have dabbled. There is a fair amount of mental effort involved. I've found that it's much easier to just embody your tulpa and be them. All this talk of it being a dangerous activity is rubbish. Just go ahead and do it. Having imaginary people in your life is not dangerous.

It can be dangerous if you do not have a strong grounding. I've been posting NDE's of people experiencing Hell for a reason....your mind is one with Universal Mind. As such it is the strongest force/only force in existence.

You can enter states that are otherworldly. In one sense you are not wrong that dangerous is an illusion, but God's ability to trick and delude itself is TOTAL. So if you are not properly grounded there is no limit to hellish experiences you can conjure up. Humbled the mess out of me when I discovered how strong the mind can be.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

1 hour ago, Kuba Powiertowski said:

I'm not sure we are talking the same stuff

Yes same stuff. As the wikipedia article says: thought form or imaginary friend. But my take is that it is possible for the tulpa/thought form to posses your body - and this is both easier to do and to maintain. But maybe at that point it becomes less of a tulpa and more of something else? I mean, doesn't a good actor become "possesed" by the character they've studied and mentally built up? Is acting dangerous?

44 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

It can be dangerous if you do not have a strong grounding.

Agreed, as can anything spiritual or that plays with the mind. But I would say it is not dangerous in general for most people. Naturally, you could argue there are levels of tulpa creation. If you want to create a malevolent demon tulpa, then yeah ok, potential danger.

It's probably good to realise at some point on the path, that there is no ground, because everything is relative to everything else. But it should be eased into. If you are prone to believing any stray thought as reality, then maybe steer clear of this sort of thing.

Edited by LastThursday

57% paranoid

On 11/9/2023 at 5:39 PM, Kuba Powiertowski said:

As solipsists here would say - you imagine everything that exists. One more imagined friend shouldn't be a problem

From what I've read, tulpas can develop "on their own" independently from their creator. (Hey, sounds like hoomans!) My concern is creating a tulpa  that metamorphosed into a negative presence for me and others. You want your imaginary friends to be friendly, right? 

On 11/9/2023 at 6:29 PM, LastThursday said:

I mean, doesn't a good actor become "possesed" by the character they've studied and mentally built up? Is acting dangerous?

It's probably safe provided the actor can get "unpossessed" when they're no longer acting. And I'd imagine that's a skill most actors learn early on, the ability for them to enter and exit a role fluently. But there are plenty of stories of actors whose real lives and movie/tv roles melted into each other.