ActualizedJohn

Are there conscious bubbles independent of mine?

32 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Loveeee said:

Nothing ever happened, you imagine the past

Nothing is happening.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I gotta resist the temptation to share my understanding because it's a pointless and never-ending endeavor 

Unless one personally asks me, or the problem is challenging, or if I want feedback 

It can be alienating like I'm the only grown-up in a world full of toddlers, I can appreciate it too but damn

Edited by Loveeee

No space, no time, nothing but you/this/here/now

1 minute ago, Loveeee said:

I gotta resist the temptation to teach people because it's a useless and never-ending endeavor 

Unless they ask me directly 

👍

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

2 hours ago, Loveeee said:

Nothing ever happened, you imagine the past

No no no. That's what "happened" means. It happened. It's just that the past is qualitatively differerent from the now.

57% paranoid

Ben explains it nicely here why the has to be ONE:

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

I don't know if bubbles are conscious, they usually pop when I poke them though.

Have you tried poking this bubble which is encasing your experience, maybe with a needle or something? Sounds like an unfortunate situation, my condolences.

231614b989a1e546_w.jpg

Edited by Osaid

Describe a thought.

@Osaid It looks like that bubble is a drug dealer. SpongeBoy is eyeballing that 5-MeO toad on the bubble dealer’s head xD

IMG_3402.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

5-MeO toad 

That would explain his talking bubble friend, I guess.

Now that you point it out, it does look like a smiling toad.

Edited by Osaid

Describe a thought.

On 9.11.2023 at 6:44 PM, Bazooka Jesus said:

What happens when you let go of your notion of "you" for a second? What remains?

Here's a fun experiment: Replace the words "you" and "I" with "THIS" in the statement above. And "they" with "you", while you're at it.

There can never be anything but THIS in THIS experience. THIS will never experience another consciousness bubble, that is separated from THIS. THIS could argue "but there still can be you, THIS just can't experience you". But THIS experience is all there ever will be for eternity.. you DON'T exist.

Sure, that's equally true. But I like to drop those word games. THIS=I.

The Secret of this Universe is You.

That so-called consciousness bubble is just the bodily senses coupled with the conditioned imagination.

Nobody gets any spiritual cookies by just calling the everyday human experience, consciousness.

This word is way overused on the forum!

❤️ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

2 hours ago, vibv said:

But I like to drop those word games.

Then why are you playing them?

2 hours ago, vibv said:

THIS=I.

By the same token, you can say that THIS = others. Both equations are equally true/untrue.

Solipsism is what happens when one confuses the separate self with the source of existence, when it is really a product of existence.

The self that is the center of experience is not the source, it is not the total infinite, it is an appearance created by the configuration of the experience. This self wonders things, like if there are others.

Let's see, if there is a limited self now what had a begin and is going to end, you, it is obvious that in the eternity of existence there will be others. how many? infinite. Therefore, now there are infinite others. Those who confuse the self with the infinite source think that the self is imagining reality, therefore everything that appears is imaginary, not real, without its own experience. They are understanding reality exactly the opposite of how it is. They believe that the center is the source, and they believe that reality is being produced by them, when they are the product.

They do that because they fear a lot death, the end of the self. They shouldn't fear because the self is just a limiter, that enhances part of existence by hiding others, thus creating this experience. If you detach yourself from this experience, fear dissapear. The way to detach is realizing the total infinity. Then for you death is home.

Edited by Breakingthewall