Romer02

Balancing relationship with life purpose

6 posts in this topic

Hey I’m struggling balancing these two my girlfriends seems to get hurt and is struggling when she’s not with me. 

At the same time I want to go balls to the wall into my life purpose and business. How do you do it.? 

Find a way to involve her in your business. (Officially or unofficially, depending on what she wants.) 

14 hours ago, Romer02 said:

Hey I’m struggling balancing these two my girlfriends seems to get hurt and is struggling when she’s not with me. 

At the same time I want to go balls to the wall into my life purpose and business. How do you do it.? 

Life purpose should be priority number one in my opinion. I don't understand why you can't fit both into your life though... there are 24 hours in the day and you aren't going to be working all day every day. 

Is she asking for more attention than you feel comfortable giving to her based on your current life purpose goals? 

15 hours ago, Romer02 said:

Try being there for her even in little ways. It goes a long way.

15 hours ago, Romer02 said:

Treat your life purpose and business like you would your girlfriend. Do you see how there is a contradiction with you seeking balance, yet wanting to go balls to the wall?

It's a false dichotomy. Your life purpose is exactly that: your purpose in life. If your purpose in life is to also have a girlfriend then that is part of your life's purpose. Nobody said it should be easy. Take her with you on your journey, grow together.

57% paranoid

I would be very cautious if you are depending on another for happiness. Likewise, if the people you surround yourself with depend on you for happiness.