Someone here

Why is life tricky ?

24 posts in this topic

Some day you are feeling happy and on top of the world ..another day you feel suicidally depressed..

Someday you think you understand life and have figured out the entire riddle of existence..the other day you are disillusioned and shown that you know nothing at all .

Some days you cry from sadness ..other days you cry from happiness.  And so on ..you got the idea .

What the fuck is wrong with God lol?

I understand that the Yin-yang ☯️ symbol points to the intertwined  nature of duality in existence..you can't have highs without lows . But why we don't learn the lesson? 

Anyone can relate to what I'm saying? 

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

46 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I understand that the Yin-yang ☯️ symbol points to the intertwined  nature of duality in existence..you can't have highs without lows .

If you truly understand this, you have already learned the lesson.

The purpose of pain is to be painful. The purpose of challenges is to be challenging. If they weren't, they wouldn't exist.

Do you expect pain and challenges to dissappear once you have grasped their divine value and purpose? That's like expecting your girlfriend to dissappear once you have learned to unconditionally appreciate and love her. Doesn't really make much sense, now does it?

;)

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

53 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Do you expect pain and challenges to dissappear once you have grasped their divine value and purpose?

What "divine value and purpose "  for pain? 

Tell that to a starving kid in Africa.  they will probably spit on your face 🤣 jk 

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

26 minutes ago, Someone here said:

What "divine value and purpose "  for pain?

Read your own OP. You have already given yourself the answer.

Consider struggle as a fundamental principle of life. 

Keep looking into this, you might discover something.

Edited by UnbornTao

5 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

Consider struggle as a fundamental principle for life. 

It is . I agree .

So in your opinion there is no such thing as unconditional happiness or a state of 24/7 nirvanic bliss and joy like what these Indian gurus try to sell us ?

1 minute ago, Someone here said:

It is . I agree .

So in your opinion there is no such thing as unconditional happiness or a state of 24/7 nirvanic bliss and joy like what these Indian gurus try to sell us ?

It's there you just don't want it, if you did you would have it. You want duality so that is what you have.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

3 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

It's there you just don't want it, if you did you would have it. You want duality so that is what you have.

No bro I promise you I want it.  It's not a lack of desire from my part.  It's just a fairy tale . Even Leo said in his video on happiness that unconditional happiness is pipe dream . Especially if you lose your health as an example. 

9 minutes ago, Someone here said:

No bro I promise you I want it.  It's not a lack of desire from my part.  It's just a fairy tale . Even Leo said in his video on happiness that unconditional happiness is pipe dream . Especially if you lose your health as an example. 

The ego wants it but god doesn't. It's that simple

It's design so that you evolve. If it was not tricky, you would get used to it. 

How can you grow from something you got used to?

1 hour ago, strangelooper said:

The ego wants it but god doesn't. It's that simple

I think it's the opposite.  God wants unconditional happiness but the ego is conditional. 

1 hour ago, petar8p said:

It's design so that you evolve. If it was not tricky, you would get used to it. 

How can you grow from something you got used to?

So same argument as :"would you rather play a video game on easy mode or pro. Mode ?"

Edited by Someone here

Yea the human condition, it’s quite exhausting 

especially for some of us who have some “issues” like depression, bipolar, anxiety disorders, trauma, cptsd, bpd etc

yesterday night went to a halloween party and felt like utter shite afterwards

and today feel quite zen again just walking in the rain etc

Human life is an enigma to solve, each life is one. It is a game of evolution, reality is bigger than we can conceive in our minds, the cosmic game is of enormous proportions. An enigma has been proposed to you, your experience is that, an enigma. Your push to solve it is the evolutionary push of life, something that pushes you to evolve from the proton to a god. We are a permanent larva that points towards a result. There is a job to do, and no one is free from it, if you don't do it it is much worse. When you realize, and you already know that you are a soldier who has a mission, everything softens, becomes pleasant, increasingly happy, clean, open. You know that whatever happens is part of the mission, you have to move forward, you don't have to give it any more thought, you are the evolutionary energy of the cosmos evolving, there is no escape. and you can also stop to fully feel the wonder of existence, its glorious flavor, more and more time. 

6 hours ago, Someone here said:

It is . I agree .

Opinion, either mine or another's, is irrelevant but you know that. In any case, no state can ever be permanent as that goes against its nature. A state comes and goes. 

Based on hearsay, a genuinely awake teacher like Ramana was said to be blissful even when the circumstances he was in were extremely barebones, such as insects biting his legs, when all he did was sitting in all day. What's up with that?

We may not really know what happiness is. What if it is independent from self-survival? What if it is already the case and synonymous with being?

I don't know. This hopefully opens some doors for us.

Edited by UnbornTao

Survival demands turning everything into a positive and negative, pursuing what you want and avoiding what you don't. This shows up as a struggle. Also, the presence of death lingers in the background of our experience; this fact is actively pushed away and resisted which also comes up as a struggle no matter how much it is ignored, and being happy and joyful is possible amidts this struggle.

Edited by UnbornTao

A story by Gautama: 

"One afternoon a devoted monk walked along a bubbling brook deep in the forest. He gathered water there every day. When he knelt to dip his bucket in the water, he heard the bushes rustle behind him. He turned and saw a huge tiger staring at him and licking his hungry lips.

The monk jumped up, dropped his bucket and fled. The tiger leapt after him. The monk ran deeper into the forest than he had ever gone before. He kept running. The tiger kept chasing.

The thick foliage ended at a steep cliff. The monk stopped short and looked over the edge. He saw sharp rocks hundreds of feet below. If he jumped, he would die.

The tiger began to pounce. The monk thought dying on the rocks below was better than being eaten alive. He jumped. He grabbed desperately at vines and roots on the cliff wall to slow his fall. He caught hold of a thick vine, gripped hard and stopped his fall. He looked up at the growling tiger above. He looked down at the rocks below.

At that moment, the monk saw a plump red strawberry hanging on the vine. He forgot the tiger and the rocks. He plucked the strawberry and popped it into his mouth. He bit down slowly and savored the delicious sweetness.

“This is the most delicious strawberry I have ever eaten,” the monk thought."

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

"would you rather play a video game on easy mode or pro. Mode ?"

You play a game at the level it challenges you the most.  

Easy can be too boring and pro can be too overwhelming. Life always finds your level <3 

5 hours ago, Someone here said:

It's not a fairy tale. I was once in a ridiculously blissed out state for 3 days straight afterward...a part of me...wanted to experience pain. At that moment I was like.....NO WONDER!!!! OF COURSE!!!! So no, you think you want it...you don't otherwise...you would have it. You want to be in bliss? 

Surrender all of your selfishness. Unconditional love= SEFLESSNESS. Surrender all attachments....every single one and you can have it. It's simple. I've posted method after method. One example is to live a life of selfless service to others while cultivating a meditation practice of surrendering within. If you have any attachments go burn through them till you don't want them anymore. 

This path is the path of the feminine. The path of compassion, of softness, of kindness, and surrender, the path of death. Die to your personal desires and desire for all that is....and you'll get it. 

But....the ego doesn't like this message, it wants to take unconditional love...without having to surrender....HAHAHHHH God's perfect design!!

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

11 hours ago, Someone here said:

Some days you cry from sadness ..other days you cry from happiness.  And so on ..you got the idea .

Sadness is created from happiness, and happiness is created from sadness. A starving kid in Africa would feel tremendously happy when she got a loaf of bread at the same levels as you would feel happy when you eat at a seven star hotel.

8 hours ago, Someone here said:

For most of us, it is not possible. Those who claim to make us as such are mostly marketing gimmicks. You can ask the enlightened ones here, but I can guarantee no one would tell they are blissful all the time. But I believe it is possible to be blissful must of the time when you meditate all the time while giving up any desire. There will come a point close to having no desire to do anything, not even to live. At this point, your baseline state of happiness will tremendously increase, due to practicing a combination of meditation and selflessness , and this state will be sustained without peaks and valleys because of your equanimous nature.