Inliytened1

What the fuck is Consciousness?

81 posts in this topic

56 minutes ago, Hojo said:

the field of the background of reality, it goes into itself to see what it is, ironically what we do, this is our likeness to god

There is no irony, if it goes into itself to see what it is, and that's what you are doing...then....you got your answer.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

@Inliytened1 You are trying to explain something that may not be explainable at all. But you have this need, and your explanation has this narrative. Some ephemeral mind, some structure. Maybe you're right, maybe you're not. Or maybe you're a little right and a little wrong, like everyone else? What if this dream of reality, this illusion, is nobody's illusion? There is no primary self. No "I", no "You"? No mind or other conceptual entity that does anything. So hard to accept? Everything is just as it is. You wrote it yourself, can't that be enough for us? Does it make you happy to be right? Or that you can have it? If so, okay. Just remember that the history of human reason shows its constant changeability. And just as there will never be a theory of everything, you will never fully know God / Tao / Consciousness / Mind - call it whatever you want. You will never know what has no limits. I don't know why this is so hard to understand and accept.
"Notas Mihi Fecisti Vias Vitae - I was shown the Ways of Life," I recommend contemplation of Nature. Silences the noise of the world.

Consciousness is. 

Edited by Salvijus

You cannot love what you need.

16 minutes ago, Kuba Powiertowski said:

@Inliytened1 You are trying to explain something that may not be explainable at all. But you have this need, and your explanation has this narrative. Some ephemeral mind, some structure. Maybe you're right, maybe you're not. Or maybe you're a little right and a little wrong, like everyone else? What if this dream of reality, this illusion, is nobody's illusion? There is no primary self. No "I", no "You"? No mind or other conceptual entity that does anything. So hard to accept? Everything is just as it is. You wrote it yourself, can't that be enough for us? Does it make you happy to be right? Or that you can have it? If so, okay. Just remember that the history of human reason shows its constant changeability. And just as there will never be a theory of everything, you will never fully know God / Tao / Consciousness / Mind - call it whatever you want. You will never know what has no limits. I don't know why this is so hard to understand and accept.
"Notas Mihi Fecisti Vias Vitae - I was shown the Ways of Life," I recommend contemplation of Nature. Silences the noise of the world.

^^^^ You are also trying to explain that it is not explainable. But you have this need and your explanation has this narrative....otherwise you wouldn't be on here responding.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

58 minutes ago, Kuba Powiertowski said:

Yet you know that it is limitless.   Isn't that something?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

36 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

You have to drop knowledge if you want to shift to the mystical terrain. There are two modes of operation: structured and unlimited.

The structured one is necessary to fit into the world and maintain balance as a human, but its not  useful on a mystical, or metaphysical, or whatever you want to call it, level of existence.

The unlimited state is the state of unlimited mind, and this means free from structures. You cannot keep structures in the structure-free state, since if you did, you would not be in the unlimited state. So if you want to sail the infinite ocean, all that must fall. absolutely no structure. 

Edited by Breakingthewall

5 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

But what is no thing.  No thing must exist no?

Yes. It exists . Is not a physical thing, so the question "what is consciousness" mentally is impossible to answer, because is OUTSIDE the mind.

Calling it mind as Leo says is problematic, because when we think about mind things as thoughts, emotions or etc come to mind. An consciousness or that no thing is outside that. (thank God btw 😅...)

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

26 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Yes, all of this matters. Only when I am caught by this unconditional love shining from my dog's eyes, the morning, still sleepy look of my loved ones, this warm twinkle in the eye of my dying father, or like today - the magic of autumn colors, forested hills - then... all these concepts that we create in our minds and that we argue about, all our illuminations, mystical moments, touches of God that we experience and share here - all of this, however important - is nothing compared to the light that illuminates the day, twinkles in the night and sparkles in the depths of our eyes. Your eyes too my Friend :) 

2 minutes ago, Kuba Powiertowski said:

Yes, all of this matters. Only when I am caught by this unconditional love shining from my dog's eyes, the morning, still sleepy look of my loved ones, this warm twinkle in the eye of my dying father, or like today - the magic of autumn colors, forested hills - then... all these concepts that we create in our minds and that we argue about, all our illuminations, mystical moments, touches of God that we experience and share here - all of this, however important - is nothing compared to the light that illuminates the day, twinkles in the night and sparkles in the depths of our eyes. Your eyes too my Friend :) 

And this comparison is how the Spiritual Ego is formed.

1 hour ago, Razard86 said:

^^^^ You are also trying to explain that it is not explainable. But you have this need and your explanation has this narrative....otherwise you wouldn't be on here responding.

Agree. Relaxation in the present moment is not so easy and I'm still learning how not to try:) It's far too easy and far too simple:)

4 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

No you are missing it.  This is about the structure of reality.   The mechanism, if you will.  The design.   So - how is reality designed?  Is it made of atoms or is it made of Mind?  Do you see where the distinction is now necessary?  

This is a distinction into the conceptual mind. It means something, but only within the structured conceptual mind. If you drop the structures, it means absolutely nothing. So, If structures are created within reality, you cannot use them to describe or understand reality. To see that you have to totally dissolve the structures many times. Psychedelics helps to do that. 

13 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Calling it mind as Leo says is problematic,

Yes because mind means anything else , same that dream or imaginary. Those words imply many things. The word reality does not imply anything, it is an indefinite word, without an opposite, therefore it is an absolute word, and that is why it is the only one that really works

@Razard86 Maybe you don't like poetic comparisons, and that's cool. The meaning of my statement was that only love counts. This is the only thing that matters and gives meaning to everything. Love, not in theory, but simply sharing and selflessly giving to others every day.
But whatever, You always know best anyway. 

6 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

That's a nice explanation.   But notice all explanations must be held within your consciousness. 

Yes. It’s just something I noticed when I embarked on this journey. I wasn’t following anyone or reading anything when I tried to figure out a way how to discern what was true and ended up having a spontaneous mystical experience where the whole of reality dissolved and there was nothing left except a dim awareness… which was nothing, nowhere, no time etc. shot back into reality in shock as an atheistic science fanboy having stared infinity in the face recognising it as god and me simultaneously and freaking out.

I Tried to figure out what happened and came across an actualised video talking about neti neti meditation that sounded like what I had just done. 
I took it further by getting comfortable then with psychedelics and discovered the consciousness part during my first ever cannabis ceremony. The facilitator said I was the first person he ever had collapse unconscious but for me it was straight back to the infinity ‘non’ space of dim awareness and I became the thing I was trying to understand. I had to pull myself from that awareness and focus myself into a mind ( some form of mental mechanism with an order to it) but it itself was also infinite. An infinity pulled from infinity almost like two sides of a mirror. One infinity or darkness, nothingness, awareness looking out and the other infinity a mind projecting mental forms, dreams, imaginings reflecting back at itself to discover itself as something as opposed to nothing. I had to focus my mind, consciousness and create structured forms and narratives to recreate the reality I just dissolved or I was not getting back in there. I essentially imagined myself back into a human and became aware of how I was doing it. I became aware of how god imagines things into being including ideas, thoughts, coherent thoughts and linear thoughts to perceive linear moments or ordered time. I was creating it as I was focusing it with thoughts.  To hold it within my consciousness I had to believe it was real. I had to deceive myself into believing I was a human and forgetting what I really was and suddenly remembered how I got into this mess 🤦‍♂️. I did it to myself.

that’s where I understand Leo’s description of infinite consciousness or the exploration of the mind of god that on the reflective side of the mirror (symbolic description) there is an endless exploration of consciousness, forms, realms, realities, states of consciousness etc etc which is what you get if you go beyond bog standard awakening or enlightenment ( taking that to mean the discovery of the infinite nothing void that is the truest fundamental). 

coming back a little bit within that awareness void is where consciousness resides. Having become familiar with the placebo tool belief, I’ve been able to shift realities at night while going down into subconscious states so I can explore.

strangely I find it easier to explore consciousness this way than with psychedelics. Psychedelics dissolve me too much and bring me to abstract realms where all the exploration and understanding is imageless and formless. I prefer being able to construct ordered realities so I can explore them.

I do go into psychedelic like spaces from time to time including 5MeO space but it’s rare and I do psychedelics when I find myself getting rigidly attached to beliefs about this world just to release myself again.

it’s wonderful but no one around here ( where I live or even the integration groups from the ceremonies) really understands. This forum helps as there are those who have experienced that and I recognise the same experiences even if they are described differently. 

so yeah I’m a perception within consciousness and all narratives consciousness conjures up about its forms or existence on this side of the mirror are a way of justifying their existence as real, dissecting them and creating ever deeper stories about them is consciousness expanding itself out, separating itself into more and more ‘things’, decentrating itself…another deception because consciousness itself is still an occurrence within awareness. To get back to awareness it concentrates back to single pointedness or singularity. 

shit!….. sorry

im just after having a small god realisation sitting here. It comes and goes 🤣

Edited by Adrian colby
Forgot to respond directly to said quote

Go find out directly. Debates can be fun but are always silly in the end. The explanations are nothing short of personal consciousness.

Stay open!

3 hours ago, Adrian colby said:

Yes. It’s just something I noticed when I embarked on this journey. I wasn’t following anyone or reading anything when I tried to figure out a way how to discern what was true and ended up having a spontaneous mystical experience where the whole of reality dissolved and there was nothing left except a dim awareness… which was nothing, nowhere, no time etc. shot back into reality in shock as an atheistic science fanboy having stared infinity in the face recognising it as god and me simultaneously and freaking out.

I Tried to figure out what happened and came across an actualised video talking about neti neti meditation that sounded like what I had just done. 
I took it further by getting comfortable then with psychedelics and discovered the consciousness part during my first ever cannabis ceremony. The facilitator said I was the first person he ever had collapse unconscious but for me it was straight back to the infinity ‘non’ space of dim awareness and I became the thing I was trying to understand. I had to pull myself from that awareness and focus myself into a mind ( some form of mental mechanism with an order to it) but it itself was also infinite. An infinity pulled from infinity almost like two sides of a mirror. One infinity or darkness, nothingness, awareness looking out and the other infinity a mind projecting mental forms, dreams, imaginings reflecting back at itself to discover itself as something as opposed to nothing. I had to focus my mind, consciousness and create structured forms and narratives to recreate the reality I just dissolved or I was not getting back in there. I essentially imagined myself back into a human and became aware of how I was doing it. I became aware of how god imagines things into being including ideas, thoughts, coherent thoughts and linear thoughts to perceive linear moments or ordered time. I was creating it as I was focusing it with thoughts.  To hold it within my consciousness I had to believe it was real. I had to deceive myself into believing I was a human and forgetting what I really was and suddenly remembered how I got into this mess 🤦‍♂️. I did it to myself.

that’s where I understand Leo’s description of infinite consciousness or the exploration of the mind of god that on the reflective side of the mirror (symbolic description) there is an endless exploration of consciousness, forms, realms, realities, states of consciousness etc etc which is what you get if you go beyond bog standard awakening or enlightenment ( taking that to mean the discovery of the infinite nothing void that is the truest fundamental). 

coming back a little bit within that awareness void is where consciousness resides. Having become familiar with the placebo tool belief, I’ve been able to shift realities at night while going down into subconscious states so I can explore.

strangely I find it easier to explore consciousness this way than with psychedelics. Psychedelics dissolve me too much and bring me to abstract realms where all the exploration and understanding is imageless and formless. I prefer being able to construct ordered realities so I can explore them.

I do go into psychedelic like spaces from time to time including 5MeO space but it’s rare and I do psychedelics when I find myself getting rigidly attached to beliefs about this world just to release myself again.

it’s wonderful but no one around here ( where I live or even the integration groups from the ceremonies) really understands. This forum helps as there are those who have experienced that and I recognise the same experiences even if they are described differently. 

so yeah I’m a perception within consciousness and all narratives consciousness conjures up about its forms or existence on this side of the mirror are a way of justifying their existence as real, dissecting them and creating ever deeper stories about them is consciousness expanding itself out, separating itself into more and more ‘things’, decentrating itself…another deception because consciousness itself is still an occurrence within awareness. To get back to awareness it concentrates back to single pointedness or singularity. 

shit!….. sorry

Very nice 😀 yes I understand. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

11 hours ago, Adrian colby said:

shit!….. sorry

I Love you!!! Finally another true seeker!!! Thank you for the post....you got it!!! Such wonderfulness to see another true seeker....

Consciousness is Existence 

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God