Dodo

Reality is not a Dream

106 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Princess Arabia said:

This is an Infinite dream.

Yes. But how do you know awakening proves that this is the final dream, and you can escape it by your own will? What if you are pushed further into the dream by trying to escape this dream or by risking yourself or your loved ones?

7 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Well, i dont know! I didnt get the chance to see in that particular dream, because i stepped out of bounds and got kicked out or whatever. 

But yes why not, ive done many things in lucid dreams, but as I say the most common desire people go for when they lucid dream is to fly! You mightve done it as a kid and dont remember.

I dont think you can make the bush disappear but yu can choose what to interact with and if you run to another location it will disappear that way, i wouldnt say you can make it disappear by wishing it, but perhaps its possible!

What do you think creates those limiting rules in the dream? How do you think it is trying to adapt to what you wish to do inside your dream?

@Dodo In this dream you are dreaming that you can’t become lucid and break the laws. That's part of your dream. 

You are also dreaming this text and the persona behind it that you believe exists, telling you that life is a dream. 

"The wise seek wisdom, a fool has found it."

7 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

If you say Reality is not a dream, what is it then, by your definition. 

Reality is not a dream, its reality, there's a reason we have 2 different words, 2 different signposts. Saying reality is a dream is a sensationalist bs statement that is not based in reality, but in people's dreams.

Edited by Dodo

Mind over Matter, Awareness over Mind

1 minute ago, HMD said:

@Dodo In this dream you are dreaming that you can’t become lucid and break the laws. That's part of your dream. 

You are also dreaming this text and the persona behind it that you believe exists, telling you that life is a dream. 

Actually, a better word to describe reality will be illusion instead of dream.

2 minutes ago, HMD said:

I refer you to the point where fact is: in dreams you cannot read! If this was a dream all words would be jumbled up! They will dance around and move as im reading too! Ive had dreams like that, ive never had a dream where i can read text! 

Just now, An young being said:

What do you think creates those limiting rules in the dream? How do you think it is trying to adapt to what you wish to do inside your dream?

Infinite limits. For example, being able to fly in a dream would be transcending being human. On the contrary, to not be able to fly and be bound by gravity would limit you to the physical.

Both are possible, and both are valid in their own respective dreams.

God does not care which version it takes, as both are an expression of Love. What you wish is the absolute way reality should be is what keeps you stuck in an apparent separation from God.

7 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Reality is not a dream, its reality,

Well, what is Reality. Define Reality.

Know thyself....

6 minutes ago, Dodo said:

I refer you to the point where fact is: in dreams you cannot read! If this was a dream all words would be jumbled up! They will dance around and move as im reading too! Ive had dreams like that, ive never had a dream where i can read text! 

What you're saying here doesn't prove anything because I can simply say you're dreaming that you can't read in your dreams. Anything you say I can say that's all imaginary.

Know thyself....

its a dream as in something else not part of this reality is dreaming it. it dosent matter if you dont have to pee in a dream the thing outside the dream is experiencing symptoms of needing to pee. in this reality there is something outside of it dreaming it. why do you think both dreams have to be the same thing. its an infinite dream. you arent in this reality you can prove it by looking for yourself and not finding yourself. that means like a dream where you are outside of the dream dreaming it something right now is outside of reality dreaming you.

why dont you become an expert on life to see if life isnt a dream

Edited by Hojo

@Dodo Well, in this dream you can. Why do you think it isn’t possible to dream such a thing? 

Also, this waking dream is not a continuation of your sleeping state. In fact, you are also dreaming that you go to sleep and have dreams where you can’t read. Try to grasp that. 

13 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

HAHAHAHH I love the fact that after you wake up you still populate people who try to debunk the dream. It is freaking hilarious!!!! DUDEE!!!! I don't care what you have smoked!!! What you don't understand...is if you don't want to awaken...YOU WON'T. So you can argue all day long. I know for fact you are full of shit because....when you awaken you realize you can only awaken if you really want too. And I mean REALLY WANT TOO.

The biggest barrier to awakening are the following things. Fear of Death, Fear of Insanity, Fear of everyone you love being imaginary. Until you are willing to accept THESE THREE THINGS. YOU WILL NEVER AWAKEN!!! So until you face these fears...YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT!!! You are just pretending you know what's going on and are too selfish to actually risk anything to find the truth.

The part I loved the most is when you accused people of just parroting what they heard....if you haven't fully awakened...that actually describes YOU. The jokes on you. You are GOD DELUDING YOURSELF!!!! God made discovering itself a test of HONESTY!!!! The most dishonest people are the people who are asleep. Your TRUTH is CONDITIONAL. YOU CAN BE BOUGHT!!! At the slightest possible danger you will RUN AND HIDE!!!! Because you are not willing to give anything up.

That's why awakening is the MOMENT OF TRUTH! And it reveals the TRUTH OF WHO YOU ARE. What kind of character you have raised...is this character a true seeker of truth? Or are they too self-absorbed. It's that simple. No judgment....but all it means is you care about your human self than you do about all of existence. If aliens created a bomb to wipe out all of existence, you wouldn't die for all of existence...you'd want somebody else to do it. Again no judgment...that is just the limit of your love and honesty and integrity. You have a price. Your a business man.

Who am I parroting? I've literally never seen anyone here write the things I am? Notice you were challenged to debunk my facts about dreams and their inconsistency with this reality and now you're talking to me about awakening as if it is really hard. In dreams at night it is really not that hard to awaken and be lucid. Pick up a book on lucid dreaming if you want the techniques. Try to pick up a book in an actual dream tho, that will be hilarious if I could see you trying to read actual text inside of a dream. LMAO

You are helping me with another fact here, lets say you ARE correct and that its really hard to awaken in reality. That is yet another point that differs from actual dreams, disproving yet again the notion that reality is a dream, on actual paper. What more do you need? I am saying reality is not a dream, I am not talking about awakenings per say. Perhaps you have reached some form of deep awakening, but now the ego is running away with ideas that they know it all and placing labels where it is wrong to do so. 

I do not doubt you have had some deep experiences bro, but reality is still not a dream based on the 8 differences between dreams and reality I have mentioned. Is that so hard to see? Its right in front of your face, on paper. You don't even need drugs to see it, just honesty, so lets not talk about honesty here. 

@An young being Probably. But it depends on the person, because both words are great pointers and can lead to truth if they are contemplated seriously. 

But usually, it’s a combination of various different pointers that actually take you there. 

Edited by HMD

7 minutes ago, HMD said:

@Dodo Well, in this dream you can. Why do you think it isn’t possible to dream such a thing? 

Also, this waking dream is not a continuation of your sleeping state. In fact, you are also dreaming that you go to sleep and have dreams where you can’t read. Try to grasp that. 

Thats some mental gymnastics I have to go through just to be able to call reality a dream.

Duuuuh it is a dream, but im also dreaming inside the dream and the dream inside the dream does not follow the same logic as the dream outside of the dream... Wait , why am i calling it a dream then, maybe i should think of a different label if its different? If literally it is not like a dream at night, why am I calling it a dream FML. Wait, I have an idea, let's call it re-a-lity, if it is not like a dream at night! Qualified 

PS: I've literally never had a dream inside of a dream while im actually dreaming at night, how come? You would think if there is a chain, you would have infinite dream inside a dream, but I've literally only ever experienced "Real life dream" (allegedly) and "Dream at night", i've never experienced Dream inside dream at night (which would have even further changed laws within it), why is that? 

Edited by Dodo

1 minute ago, Dodo said:

Who am I parroting? I've literally never seen anyone here write the things I am? Notice you were challenged to debunk my facts about dreams and their inconsistency with this reality and now you're talking to me about awakening as if it is really hard. In dreams at night it is really not that hard to awaken and be lucid. Pick up a book on lucid dreaming if you want the techniques. Try to pick up a book in an actual dream tho, that will be hilarious if I could see you trying to read actual text inside of a dream. LMAO

You are helping me with another fact here, lets say you ARE correct and that its really hard to awaken in reality. That is yet another point that differs from actual dreams, disproving yet again the notion that reality is a dream, on actual paper. What more do you need? I am saying reality is not a dream, I am not talking about awakenings per say. Perhaps you have reached some form of deep awakening, but now the ego is running away with ideas that they know it all and placing labels where it is wrong to do so. 

I do not doubt you have had some deep experiences bro, but reality is still not a dream based on the 8 differences between dreams and reality I have mentioned. Is that so hard to see? Its right in front of your face, on paper. You don't even need drugs to see it, just honesty, so lets not talk about honesty here. 

You aren't even making points, and ever point you have made...has been made. The fact that you think you have made new points is laughable. Literally every point you've made has been debunked. Even Scientists have proved it. I literally sent you a NOBEL PRIZE EXPERIMENT THAT PROVED THAT EVERYTHING IS A FREAKING APPEARANCE!!!

That literally alone...was all the proof you need. That's why I am laughing. The ancient mystics called it maya and an illusion and it took some Scientists in the 2000's to prove it...but notice...NOBODY TALKS ABOUT THE EXPERIMENT. I wonder why???HMMMM???

That experiment just backed the double slit experiment that showed that your MIND and REALITY ARE ONE. That everything exists in an unquantifiable state and only becomes an appearance when you LOOK AT IT. So basically...if you are not there to experience something....it exists as NOTHING!!! So that experiment PROVES ABSOLUTE SOLIPSISM...because YOU ARE ALL THERE IS!!!

This is why I said...you don't care about truth!!! All you care about is wasting your time.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

3 minutes ago, HMD said:

@An young being Probably. But it depends on the person, because both words are great pointers and can lead to truth if they are contemplated seriously. 

13 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Yes, for @Dodo I thought it would be a better description since he is an expert in dreams.

2 minutes ago, Dodo said:

let's call it reality

That’s approximately how we create reality or, rather, the illusion of it. 

5 minutes ago, An young being said:

for @Dodo

@An young being Oh yes, for sure. But I have a feeling that his skepticism might treat it in a similar fashion. 

27 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Coming back to the curious questions, @Dodo, have you ever been curious what constructs the dream so beautifully with specific stories and illusions (such as making you think you are not dreaming), do you think your sub conscious mind is capable of doing all the work of creating a three dimensional location with perfectly designed atmosphere close to reality, with creative stories and rules (such as you forgetting some memories needed to live the dream fully). Comparatively, it takes hundreds of people to create such creative things in reality.

Edited by An young being

I haven't seen this in awhile, but just in case anyone wants to watch it. 

Know thyself....