ShardMare

How to deal with accident trauma?

8 posts in this topic

I wasnt actually in an accident but my brain tells me that maybe it could have happened. I have anxiety when using my bycicle. When im on the streets a lot of time i spend quite a few seconds looking around and again and again...

Im going to psychologist he will help me.

But i have anxiety of walking on the stairs or sometimes eating food. Or sometimes im opening a door i close my eyes to not hit my eye

What do you think?

You could try some therapy?

What you're experiencing might be caused by something deep inside you. You should just let disaster strike sometimes, just let things happen and feel into it. Then you would probably realize that these things can't kill you.

@ShardMare More than a year ago my dad and my brother had an accident with the motorcycle. A deer jumped in front of them, and after that, they hit a tree. My brother recovered after many surgeries, but my dad was in a coma for a month, and now he is still not fine. 

I have always had OCD-like behaviors in general in life, but after this event I see these have expanded in a more "existential" way (if that makes sense). In other words, I'm also scared to suddenly die, or get seriously hurt. 

What I do is practice letting go. That helps a lot. Of course not every day is easy.

What makes me feel better, is talking about it to people. Sometimes I also do it with people that are not my friends. Many of them listen and care, and it makes me feel lighter. 

You're not alone. Probably you have lived some traumatic event that has brought you these thoughts, even if you've never had an accident. If you want you can PM me and we can talk about it. 

I send you love!

On 11/14/2023 at 1:46 AM, ted73104 said:

Then you would probably realize that these things can't kill you.

It’s not about disproving that something cannot kill you. It’s about discovering that anything can happen, and you accept that deeper and deeper.

God is in control, not you.

@ted73104 thank you but what do you mean these things wont kill me?

@manuel bon love to you and your family as well. 

This is a weird topic for me because i think there isnt much resources for how to deal with this or how to think about this.

@Yimpa its true but i think it wont bring help for a lower conscious human. Its like an enlightened person saying something to an average human

6 minutes ago, ShardMare said:

This is a weird topic for me because i think there isnt much resources for how to deal with this or how to think about this.

Read about ERP therapy. Sounds like it resonates with you.

11 hours ago, ShardMare said:

@ted73104 thank you but what do you mean these things wont kill me?

What I meant was like even if a car hit you when you were riding your bike, you most likely won't die. So you don't have to be too afraid, because the worst scenarios are not as bad as you think.

Also Leo had a video about fear, not sure if it would help you but here it is:

I tore my muscle slightly a couple days ago while stretching. I felt real depressed about it yesterday. However, I had a lucid dream last night, and not only did the muscle in real life heal rapidly, but it also gave me the motivation to continue my workout plan, despite the obstacle.

Just for fun, in the lucid dream, I was an NBA player in the Finals for the Boston Celtics, and I made 9 3-points back-to-back. We won’t the game by 120-80.