Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MarkKol

A starting guide to gaining weight

8 posts in this topic

This is for the minority of people who struggle with eating food and putting on weight, I wanted to share it as It's quite effective, relatively easy for people who might need it. The first thing you want to do is maximize your fat intake 100g+. I always struggled with the question "How do I gain weight without destroying my body?" The answer is just to eat more of the healthier foods because those foods need less restriction than processed foods like chips or crackers. Of course this is just the starting diet, you can eat this everyday and still be healthy. So, Nuts and oils first. You want to reach 2000 calories minimum.

You can have the following every single day, of course everyone is different and will react differently but don't go eating pudding next to these foods and then contribute how shit you feel to the nuts and oils. calories are estimates.

- 20g of macadamia nuts (143)
- 20g of peanuts (113)
- 20g of walnuts (130)
- 20g of cashew nuts (110)
- 15-30-50 grams of chia seeds depending on how hard your stool is and your willingness to keep it in the fridge for a few hours, people say 3 is enough. I do 50g which is 243 calories
- This is another, key, very easy, very healthy food that often goes unmentioned because people don't like the taste and they associate it with trans fats, saturated fats and processed and unhealthy foods... OLIVE OIL. and this is perhaps the easiest calories you'll ever have, I live in the mediterranean so I took interest in the specifics of what my people ate, it is said that some people consumed 60ml of olive oil per day in the mediterranean, 60ml is around 4 table spoons, so what you should do is have 30ml/2 table spoons of olive oil a day in It's raw form, don't be a little weasel and try adding all of it to food. So drink 30ml/2 table spoons of olive oil a day and sprinkle some more over salty foods you eat. You might think olive oil is just liquid fats but it actually contains antioxidants the same way many healthy foods like blueberries contain.

Carbs (warning, It's high sugar)

- 1 banana
- 1 apple or kiwi or mango (whichever fruit)
- 100g of oats (cooked or refrigerated overnight)
- 200g of sweet potatoes (sweet potatoes are not related to normal potatoes)
- 100g of any legume, any color, there are literally dozens. Black beans, pinto beans, Kidney beans, black lentils, green lentils, red lentils, chickpeas (high sugar), white beans

And there you go that's 2000 calories, It may seem like a lot but It's not too bad. especially the nuts and olive oil, you'll be done with those in less then 5 minutes. Chickpeas, bananas and the one fruit I mentioned like apples, mango, kiwi, pineapple are the only sources of sugar in this diet, without these foods you'd be consuming 7-10 grams of sugar which is very low compared to what a normal adult male is allowed to eat.

You can add cinnamon as It's usually low in heavy metals to make some foods here taste better especially the oats
You can sub high sugar foods with avocados, eggs, rice, chicken, beef (go for lean cuts and don't eat more then 200g per day) or you can just eat more lentils.

My diet is approx. 2500-2700 calories which is probably overboard, I only have 2 egg yolks out of 5 eggs because I haven't tested if it raises my cholesterol yet. the cholesterol is found only in the yolks but so are most nutrients and minerals.

All of this is less than 20g of saturated fat per day, which is 6% of your total calories, paired with polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats, unprocessed foods you should be fine. 

there might be some spelling mistakes In the thread as I wrote this quickly and didn't bother looking over it. And don't drink liquid egg whites, cook the eggs.

Screenshot 2023-10-28 at 07.50.37.png

Screenshot 2023-10-28 at 08.02.35.png

8 hours ago, FourCrossedWands said:

Why do you need to keep chia seeds and oatmeal in the fridge?

Just chia seeds, because it expands when in contact with liquid and becomes like pudding and it does that faster in the fridge. You don’t want it expanding in your throat/intestines. 

Remarkably helpful mate. Many thanks for sharing. This may be just what I need to break my life long curse of being stuck in skelly mode. My biggest roadblock to getting desired muscle gains has always been the hassle and expense of buying and preparing the massive amount of food I have to shovel down, and it’s quite physically challenging to consume that much. So this guide should be very useful.

Lately I’ve been watching professional eaters like Matt stonier and Eric the electric and galvsfood while eating cuz it makes it somewhat easier to consume my by comparison pathetic amount of calories by watching other people eat preposterously large meals. 

Too complicated and expensive. I prefer a good filet fillet (or beef heart, if I want to save money) fried in a little butter, basmati rice steamed with a tablespoon of coconut oil, salt and lots of sriracha sauce, a cucumber , a pepper, a Coca Cola. That's good 👍B|

Edited by Schizophonia

The devil is in the details.

Good. I would add liquid food like shakes (self made with "banana, peanut butter, banana, dried dates" for example).

And for carbs it's very individual for how much satiety you get for the amount of calories. Some people get more satiety from rice then from whole grain pasta, for other people it's the other way around. So experiment and choose crab sources which you can eat a lot of.  

I find the most challenging stuff is not the food is being hungry. The days I work out I don't have an issue ingesting the calories, but the days I don't sometimes is weird for my body to be 'Ok, let me get those 3000 calories today too'. 

Btw I have no idea of body bulking or bodybuilding, but I am hitting the gym 3-4 times a week just doing 30-40minutes (so basically im going pretty chill) but I´m ingesting 3000 calories each day. You would think I would get fat but I don't. I guess I need to increase my workout durations ideally. 

Edited by Javfly33

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

11 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

I find the most challenging stuff is not the food is being hungry. The days I work out I don't have an issue ingesting the calories, but the days I don't sometimes is weird for my body to be 'Ok, let me get those 3000 calories today too'. 

Btw I have no idea of body bulking or bodybuilding, but I am hitting the gym 3-4 times a week just doing 30-40minutes (so basically im going pretty chill) but I´m ingesting 3000 calories each day. You would think I would get fat but I don't. I guess I need to increase my workout durations ideally. 

It's normal to have a maintenance of 3000kcal if you are not metabolically damaged

The devil is in the details.