Yimpa

Pilot attempting to shut down plane says he took magic mushrooms

4 posts in this topic

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna121906

Veteran pilot Joseph Emerson, 44, was charged with more than 80 counts of attempted murder after, authorities said, he tried to cut the plane's engines during the flight.

The off-duty pilot accused of trying to bring down an Alaska Airlines flight told investigators that he took psychedelic mushrooms 48 hours before the incident, that he had been depressed and that he believed he was experiencing a mental breakdown, authorities said.

"I pulled both emergency shut off handles because I thought I was dreaming and I just wanna wake up," he added.

tl;dr: if you have mental health issues, you need to seriously be careful when taking psychedelics!

Edited by Yimpa

@Yimpa shit.. This is why psychedelics are still illegal 

But you dont know how many depressed pilotes were saved with psychedelics 

Yes, psychedelics are dangerous. That's a feature, not a bug.

Pilots have strict rules even against consumption of alcohol and even how many hours they are allowed to work per week. If you have a job like piloting, you have to be extremely careful and allow plenty of time for integration. You can't just take psychedelics and then go fly a plane the next day. It can takes 3-4 days to fully come down from a trip.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes, psychedelics are dangerous. That's a feature, not a bug.

Pilots have strict rules even against consumption of alcohol and even how many hours they are allowed to work per week. If you have a job like piloting, you have to be extremely careful and allow plenty of time for integration. You can't just take psychedelics and then go fly a plane the next day. It can takes 3-4 days to fully come down from a trip.

As a pilot you have to be transparent with what you take or don’t take. You are playing with people’s life. I wouldn’t want to be flown by somebody who takes psychedelics on the regular.  

Edited by StarStruck