Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Juressic

Developing video game inspired by spiral dynamics

6 posts in this topic

Hey, I've decided to start developing the process of an RTS video game with a focus on competitive multiplayer, for fun, and maybe you can help me with some advice.

Working Name: Ritual Realm
Theme: Ancient tribes
Genre: RTS Society manager/city builder
Similar games: Age of Empires, Sims
Goal of the game: Destroy other tribes, win, dominate...

Tribe member's evolution tree: (You will recognize spiral dynamic stages in color)

• Ritualist (gathering, hunting, building, mana)
        ○ Warrior (attack, defense)
               § Guardian (attack, defense, protect)
        ○ Pathfinder (research new technology for tools and weapons)
               § Visionary (Farming food resources locally)
               § Sage (Improve abilities of all members)
                    □ Shaman (Lowering tribe needs)

So ritualists can choose whether they will evolve into warrior or pathfinder and then they are evolving further...

Rules

• Members can evolve only if their needs are fulfilled (manually)
  • Members are fulfilling their needs automatically by using tribe buildings and doing things.
  • Nonfulfilling needs lead to toxic behaviors of a particular member --> hindering the tribe
  • The player can upgrade each member individually by customizing his tools, weapons, and armor....  and it will cost resources

Different member needs: Food, Shelter(Hut), Performing Rituals, Community,  Training Camp, Alcohol, Psychodelics, Library, Sanctuary

Target graphic: (Guardians)

tribe image 2.pngtribe image 1.png

Tell me what you think and please give me some additional advice or ideas, I'm ready to change anything. :)

Edited by Juressic

Sounds like a good idea, especially when Rts genre is stagnant without any new ideas. My only advice would be to make it as fun as possible even if it means giving less importance to be accurate in terms of the spiral dynamics mechanics!

Thanks. I'll make it just for fun. It won't be rigid with the spiral dynamics but it will help a lot. The main focus should be on fun for sure. I would like to put the accent on social management instead of a city-builder type of game, I'd like to incorporate some advanced A.I. for units, but we will see, it will probably be very basic for now. Now it's time to create a game design document, it will be public so anybody will be able to contribute with some art if they want. 🙂

If you drew that art, that art is beautiful!! Everything sounds good but I will drop a challenge for you. How can you take these existing models of games....and really change it? Think you could add politics to the game? Think you could add advanced cooking recipes for cuisines for the characters? Think you could add degrees of advancement for the civilization that could result in space travel? 

Could you create global pandemics? Could you create world wars? Could you create truce agreements and the ability to break them and take revenge through subterfuge? Could you create spy networks like a CIA type organization? Maybe technology ninjas? 

Really go for it...no limits...go bonkers with it!!!

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

I didn't draw it, I found it for my target graphics.
Yes, I'll try to brainstorm out of the box to get some insanely original ideas that could be fun. Tnx. There could be a lot of magic going on, I can add anything, we'll see.