StarStruck

Are psychedelic clothes masculine?

115 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, something_else said:

I don't see how it's ego, it's just how fashion works. You probably don't need to follow modern fashion to succeed in life but it sure does help in almost all social pursuits if you know how to dress at least somewhat trendy.

Ok how about you post a picture of your style now like others did and show us how trendy you are 😎

1 hour ago, PurpleTree said:

Ok how about you post a picture of your style now like others did and show us how trendy you are 😎

My style is quite boring day to day, just a nice fleece, oversized jumper, patagonia t-shirt, some Levi's 501 jeans, Nike trailrunners and a nice watch.

I'm not super into trendy expensive streetwear clothing but I wear clothes that follow the overall movement of modern fashion which is relaxed fit and comfy.

I'm not saying you have to dress super modern, just that you should follow broad movements in fashion. For example the corduroy trousers your grandad wears every day would look stupidly dated on you as a mid 20 year old in 2023, but in his time they were likely super trendy. This is just a more extreme example of how skinny jeans end up looking dated.

2 minutes ago, something_else said:

My style is quite boring day to day, just a nice fleece, oversized jumper, patagonia t-shirt, some Levi's 501 jeans, Nike trailrunners and a nice watch.

I'm not super into trendy expensive streetwear clothing but I wear clothes that follow the overall movement of modern fashion which is relaxed fit and comfy.

I'm not saying you have to dress super modern, just that you should follow broad movements in fashion. For example the corduroy trousers your grandad wears every day would look stupidly dated on you as a mid 20 year old in 2023, but in his time they were likely super trendy. This is just a more extreme example of how skinny jeans end up looking dated.

You could follow trends

you could be a trendsetter

you could give a sh about trends

you could create you own stuff by combining trends

i think it’s more about how you wear it than what you wear

1 hour ago, PurpleTree said:

You could follow trends

you could be a trendsetter

you could give a sh about trends

you could create you own stuff by combining trends

i think it’s more about how you wear it than what you wear

The vast majority of trendsetters will create trends that follow the current big picture movements of fashion. That's my core point.

You can think of fashion in 3 tiers: movement, trends and fads.

Movements in fashion are like the big picture, representing cultural and social shifts. Trends are the in-the-moment styles that come and go. Fads are short-lived, intense bursts of popularity—here today, gone tomorrow.

You can be a trendsetter or create fads but what you wear will still need to follow the big-picture movement of fashion for them to not look outdated or out of place.

4 minutes ago, something_else said:

The vast majority of trendsetters will create trends that follow the current big picture movements of fashion. That's my core point.

You can think of fashion in 3 tiers: movement, trends and fads.

Movements in fashion are like the big picture, representing cultural and social shifts. Trends are the in-the-moment styles that come and go. Fads are short-lived, intense bursts of popularity—here today, gone tomorrow.

You can be a trendsetter or create fads but what you wear will still need to follow the big-picture movement of fashion for them to not look outdated or out of place.

Do you get often complimented on your pants or style in general?

do you work in fashion?

On 05/11/2023 at 9:03 PM, Princess Arabia said:

I am your mother. Whip Whip.

:/

The devil is in the details.

This is getting out of hand. No underwear pics please. 

You cannot love what you need.

18 hours ago, StarStruck said:

This was me today with my new leather jacket

IMG_6859.jpeg

Are those grey levis 501s, they look exactly like the jeans I wear most days lol

51 minutes ago, something_else said:

Are those grey levis 501s, they look exactly like the jeans I wear most days lol

Yea, they are a perfect fit.

29 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

Yea, they are a perfect fit.

Yea, they're great. Also my 501s feel the most high quality out of all the Levi's jeans I've owned. I'm considering picking up a selvedge pair in Indigo at some point.

A lot of modern levi's does not feel like they use particularly high quality denim but it seems like they've kept the quality on their original 501 cut.

Edited by something_else

6 minutes ago, something_else said:

Yea, they're great. Also my 501s feel the most high quality out of all the Levi's jeans I've owned. I'm considering picking up a selvedge pair in Indigo at some point.

A lot of modern levi's does not feel like they use particularly high quality denim but it seems like they've kept the quality on their original 501 cut.

The model pair I have are good, the other colors feel cheap.

On 25/10/2023 at 4:00 AM, StarStruck said:

What do you think? I’m planning to wear this. It is definitely LSD-esque. Definite eye catcher but I don’t want to be seen sissy.

IMG_6666.jpeg

Bad fashion.

If you are gender non binary it will look good tho. 

There really isn’t a gender to clothing. Wear whatever makes you feel more authentic. Also, psychedelics should show you that gender is something you’re making up.