StarStruck

Are psychedelic clothes masculine?

115 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

Take off your socks/sandals, bad taste typical of northern Europeans 

I think i fixed the problem. You can't get any cooler then this. 

IMG_20231104_224745.jpg

Edited by Salvijus

You cannot love what you need.

7 hours ago, Salvijus said:

Muahahaaha 

orca-image-2078638379.jpeg

Kewl Make a new topic though 👍

19 hours ago, Salvijus said:

I think i fixed the problem. You can't get any cooler then this. 

IMG_20231104_224745.jpg

Hippie/20 :ph34r:

The devil is in the details.

1 hour ago, Schizophonia said:

Hippie/20 :ph34r:

Not really. This is next level. 

Edited by Salvijus

Is this psychedelic enough.

20221222_123931.jpg

20221222_123952.jpg

20170306_225331.jpg

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

1 minute ago, Yimpa said:

@Princess Arabia flawless outfit. However, I am tempted to put a cowboy hat on you to make it even more flawless xD

A lasso too, don't forget the whip whip.

Know thyself....

ahaha 

This is starting to get fun. :D

Too bad sidra is gone. This would really explode then :D

Edited by Salvijus

1 hour ago, Princess Arabia said:

20170306_225331.jpg

You remind me of my mother 👀

Very similar clothing and facial expression.
A taste for FOOD too

Edited by Schizophonia

1 hour ago, Salvijus said:

Not really. This is next level. 

:ph34r:

33 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

ahaha 

This is starting to get fun. :D

Too bad sidra is gone. This would really explode then :D

This 

Maybe she could recreate an account with a VPN to go under the radar.
just saying :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Schizophonia said:

You remind me of my mother 👀

Very similar clothing and facial expression.
A taste for FOOD too

I am your mother. Whip Whip.

2 hours ago, Yimpa said:

Know thyself....

:)

Welcome to the club of goofies :D

On 02/11/2023 at 5:35 PM, Something Funny said:

1. They are not skin tight, they are pretty loose actually

2. Who cares what is a current trend lol, you guys are such sheep.

They would really be considered skinny fit now, which tends to look very dated.

And you don't need to care about the small-picture fads and trends, but you should care about the overall big-picture 'movement' (happens in cycles of like 10 years) of fashion if you don't want to look like you're stuck in the previous decade.

Following every trend and fad blindly makes you a sheep, but understanding the big-picture of why people are dressing the way they are in current times (and learning something from this) does not make you a sheep.

In this case, skinny jeans are really from the last movement when people still, for the most part, wanted to be neat, well-groomed, 'tryhard' and put together.

Now fashion is moving towards: chill, relaxed fit, flow, easy-going, utility, ethics, vintage, convenience, work-from-home, low-maintenance vibes. Skinny jeans are antithetical to most of this and so they end up looking really really dated. And worse than that, they look tryhard. Because they indicate that you are trying to be fashionable and trendy but kinda failing.

If you want to look modern then your fashion choices should fit that vibe. But you still have so much flexibility within that overall movement to express your own style that it's not sheep-like to just follow it.

25 minutes ago, something_else said:

Now fashion is moving towards: chill, relaxed fit, flow, easy-going, utility, ethics, vintage, convenience, work-from-home, low-maintenance vibes. Skinny jeans are antithetical to most of this and so they end up looking really really dated. And worse than that, they look tryhard. Because they indicate that you are trying to be fashionable and trendy but kinda failing.

I would say that’s a generalization. There’s the broad picture of why people dress the way that they do, like you pointed out. However, there’s also the personal reasons, whether or not someone is aware of it or not.

I personally wear skinny jeans sometimes because I’m actually self-conscious about my legs. Exposing the shape of my legs, despite all the perceived flaws I have with them, can challenge my own beliefs about them. 

Of course, from other people’s POV they don’t knows this, but that doesn’t matter. It’s my own personal fears that I’m exposing and expressing with the clothing choices I make.

I’ve also worn sweatpants majority of my life, so I’m getting bored of being chill, relaxed, and cozy all the damn time.i

Also, also, @Princess Arabia pulls them off real well!

Edited by Yimpa
also also awesome

2 hours ago, Yimpa said:

, also, @Princess Arabia pulls them off real well!

We're you a client of mine once. Now, this can have many meanings so don't go thinking nasty thoughts. 😜

Know thyself....

4 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

We're you a client of mine once. Now, this can have many meanings so don't go thinking nasty thoughts. 😜

First thing that came to mind was you working at a boutique and helping people express themselves using your intuitive and expanded knowledge of fashion ^_^

1 minute ago, Yimpa said:

First thing that came to mind was you working at a boutique and helping people express themselves using your intuitive and expanded knowledge of fashion ^_^

Sure

Know thyself....

4 hours ago, something_else said:

They would really be considered skinny fit now, which tends to look very dated.

And you don't need to care about the small-picture fads and trends, but you should care about the overall big-picture 'movement' (happens in cycles of like 10 years) of fashion if you don't want to look like you're stuck in the previous decade.

Following every trend and fad blindly makes you a sheep, but understanding the big-picture of why people are dressing the way they are in current times (and learning something from this) does not make you a sheep.

In this case, skinny jeans are really from the last movement when people still, for the most part, wanted to be neat, well-groomed, 'tryhard' and put together.

If you want to look modern then your fashion choices should fit that vibe. But you still have so much flexibility within that overall movement to express your own style that it's not sheep-like to just follow it.

bs 😡😌

that’s just “ego” 😇

15 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

bs 😡😌

that’s just “ego” 😇

I don't see how it's ego, it's just how fashion works. You probably don't need to follow modern fashion to succeed in life but it sure does help in almost all social pursuits if you know how to dress at least somewhat trendy.