PurpleTree

Teal Swans opinion on what’s happening right now

26 posts in this topic

Thoughts on her opinion?

She‘s basically saying everybody is being confronted with what they’ve been trying to suppress 

So you guys dislike teal swan

is it because she‘s a woman

is it because she‘s hot

or is it because she appropriated the name of a water bird?

i still want to see her „cult“ documentary 

4 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

But guess what? EVERYBODY is ALWAYS being confronted with what they're trying to suppress. This is not some product of the modern times, but something that has always been true for limited thought forms such as human beings.

Whats scary to me is that we yet to see if we have other things,that we have been collectively suppressing. Big, giant collective shadows coming to the surface in a short timeline could be disastrous as fuck.

34 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

So you guys dislike teal swan

is it because she‘s a woman

is it because she‘s hot

or is it because she appropriated the name of a water bird?

i still want to see her „cult“ documentary 

Go watch the documentary it shows her true colors. Teal Swan believes she is the most awakened person on the planet. That's fine that is actually quite normal. The problem is she believes she cannot be questioned, that she is infallible. That is dangerous. Teal Swan also struggles with empathy in relationships which can be seen in how she treats her closest friend. As you watch the documentary put yourself in the shoes of her friend and you will realize through those lens what it would be like to deal with her.

Teal also puts business over everything, as such in her mind she makes a distinction between her business, and those her business interacts with. Basically when you watch her she has a well-developed Masculine but an underdeveloped feminine. Teal is ANTHING but nurturing. Now with that said she is very intuitive and she teaches some good stuff for people but there are gaps in her embodiment and some gaps in her teachings. Now I'm not trying to be too hard on her because it is actually VERY TOUGH to stay spiritual and run a highly successful business in the public eye. 

Why? Spirituality draws in depressed mentally ill people who will project onto you on autopilot. It will also draw in people who want the power you have and will attempt to try to co-opt it for their own. It will also draw criticism as most societies do not understand what you teach. So Teal is under a lot of pressure and if you watch the documentary you will see that she had a close friend who she could talk about these things with but eventually pushed them away. Also Teal is VERY judgmental, and full of bias without the accountability that comes with it. That accountability is acknowledging your own faults. After you watch the documentary notice you will never hear Teal talk about her role and failures to show up in the lives of the people she deals with. She always portrays it as a fault or weakness on their part. Everything is about maintaining and portraying an image both inside her head and the eyes of others as her being this unflawed mirror but instead there are cracks.

In short Teal Swan is corrupted by her celebrity status which is an interesting thing to behold, it shows that without constant due diligence on your own part you will become corrupted. This is why personal accountability, self-honesty is at the core of Conscious living, as such Teal actually proves through her own documentary she is NOT the most awakened person on the planet. Why? Because she believes she is infallible which is no different than say someone like Donald Trump. 

If you ever elected someone like her in office, LOL.....she would behave in a similar manner when critics emerged. 

P.S. She also has unresolved trauma from her childhood in regards to men. As such she has a shadow that leaks out, a deep resentment for MEN that spills out every now and then. Unfortunately she passes this hatred/shadow onto her students. Her shadow shows up in her always assuming someone's issue with her is because she is a woman. That literally is her first assumption. 

Edited by Razard86

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

11 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

@zurew It IS scary! There is so much about us humans that we don't even know yet.

My way of dealing with this is to get to know myself on deeper levels. The collective shadow is like a macro-cosmic version of the individual shadow and vic versa. Understanding our own shadow, and how our culture programmed it into us, gives us a lot more understanding when it comes to the broader issues of our collective consciousness.

People are actually very simple. It's like this. People are simple, but how that simplicity is expressed is through a complex web of lies and denials. But once you understand the core similarities shared between all people then that complexity becomes easier to understand. The more you understand your individual self, the more you will understand the collective.

At the core of humanity is a desire for mystery. I have recently become aware that a significant part of humanity ENJOYS being confused. People are very easy to understand because a person's actions reveal...how they really feel. Seek to understand what motivates you. Study human history. Study current events. Study yourself again. Eventually it just CLICKS. Then it will all make sense. 

The problem is...it can become boring. I now understand why in some cases ignorance is bliss. There is a child like wonder in ignorance.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

20 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

Growing up, I felt a lot of negative things regarding my parents. My father was a drug addict who dumped us and my mother was always working and could't really be emotionally available. Once I realized that their shadows had been imprinted onto me subconsciously (similarly how children learn language by copying it from the people around them) everything changed. I could suddenly relate to my parents in a way that was previously not possible for me. By observing how their karma was being expressed through me, I could suddenly understand them. I could understand what kind of experiences they had gone through, what pain they were carrying with them.

I saw my father for the first time in like a decade a couple of weeks ago at a family gathering, and I actually didn't feel angry. I thought I might, but I just felt... sorry. All I could see was a small child stuck in the body of an adult. I couldn't help but feel the same way I would for a child in distress.

Seeing him and experiencing these emotions taught me a lot about karma and how I relate to other people.

^^^ I'm glad you get it. Now I'll go for a deeper mind fuck which includes some mind fuckery you also stated. When people here we are one they really don't get it. I've given examples here in the past but I will reiterate it again. So if I strip you of your memories, your physical body, basically everything that makes you a human...you would just be awareness. A blank slate. So basically everybody is just you with layers/constructions added onto them. So this means...that if I took away your layers gave you your Dad's point of view....you would treat your son (which is currently whose POV you are living from) exactly the same way. Because your DAD is YOU!!! When you allow yourself to realize this....it can kind of make you laugh!!! 

Now let's get to the part that I bolded. You are correct in that you could be more advanced in certain ways than your Dad because maybe he is too close-minded which restricts his ability to grow in awareness. But don't forget that your DAD is you....so he definitely can teach you some things still. But yes its funny when your child can be more mature than you....that is a total mindfuck....talk about role reversal!!

16 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

I saw my father for the first time in like a decade a couple of weeks ago at a family gathering, and I actually didn't feel angry. I thought I might, but I just felt... sorry. All I could see was a small child stuck in the body of an adult. I couldn't help but feel the same way I would for a child in distress.

Are you sure you've forgiven him or quite understand who he is/was or even the way you have processed that experience you had as a child. I'm not implying or insinuating anything here, just trying to get clarity in how you see it and if it was transcended in a healthy way, and also for my understanding in what you're saying.

Feeling sorry for him, to me, is just the other side of the anger coin or another version. I think most adults are just children in distress and are also stuck in the body of an adult, so I think you're just describing people on a whole especially if they are mentally suffering in some way.

Compassion, empathy and understanding are different emotions than feeling sorry. Love is even more powerful. Do you love him for who he was and who he is now, regardless of his perceived faults, because feeling sorry is still seeing him through your perception of him.

Know thyself....

Too bird-like :P

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

10 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Are you sure you've forgiven him or quite understand who he is/was or even the way you have processed that experience you had as a child. I'm not implying or insinuating anything here, just trying to get clarity in how you see it and if it was transcended in a healthy way, and also for my understanding in what you're saying.

Feeling sorry for him, to me, is just the other side of the anger coin or another version. I think most adults are just children in distress and are also stuck in the body of an adult, so I think you're just describing people on a whole especially if they are mentally suffering in some way.

Compassion, empathy and understanding are different emotions than feeling sorry. Love is even more powerful. Do you love him for who he was and who he is now, regardless of his perceived faults, because feeling sorry is still seeing him through your perception of him.

^^^A lot of wisdom here. Also notice the theme of your response matches your signature. You just turned this into a high level discourse.

So the question would be....is total acceptance of something...the eradication of the emotion of feeling sorry for something. Some say yes, some say no. On one level you can argue that true acceptance would be that everything is fine the way it is. But wouldn't that imply the lack of change? So is the acceptance coming from an understanding that it cannot be any other way than what it is....because then that is an acceptance that it can evolve into something more peaceful. So one acceptance of the present moment can acknowledge that there will be change that will create more unity, whereas another acceptance can ignore the appearance of change entirely and just say there is no difference between anything. 

Me personally I believe you should acknowledge the lack of difference while also acknowledging difference. Because taking an either or approach is a form of dishonesty. 

It's like looking at an ocean. The ocean can't be more one than it is, but it could have less waves (waves we could say symbolize conflict and instability) and be more stable. It's harder to see the reflection of the moon when there are too many waves and ripples, only a calm ocean can the reflection be seen clearer. But the truth is both are beautiful expressions, but only one can be seen clearer. 

35 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Too bird-like :P

That's the truth. Too bird-like.

"Reality is a Love Simulator"-Leo Gura

40 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

I don't know. It depends on how deep of a love we're talking about. When I saw him... it was almost like there was a stranger standing in front of me. I didn't look at him through the conceptual lens of "Oh this is my father, he has caused so much pain in my life" or "Oh he is my father I love him so much". He was just... some guy. And I felt kind of removed from the whole story of him being my father. I just saw a person that went through a lot of suffering in their life. I saw shame in his eyes. I saw sadness. I saw all of these things and... I didn't recognize him anymore. He wasn't the same person I thought I once knew. He wasn't the person I was angry at for so many years. The person I was angry at was a different person. A person inside my mind. A projection. But this... this wasn't that person. That was just... him. It was like I saw this man for the first time in my life.

There was a deeper love there... but it wasn't like an interpersonal love of "I love him as a father", but "I love him as a human being".

Re-read this again to yourself and replace your descriptions of him with yourself and see if that's how you felt. Let me give an example: Matter of fact, I'll just re-write the whole thing using the replacement.

"When I saw him, it was like I felt like I was a stranger to him. He looked at me through the conceptual lens of "oh this is my son, who i've caused so much pain in his life or "oh this is my son, I love him so much" I am just some guy to him. You were removed from the whole story of you being his son. I saw in myself a person who just went through a lot of suffering in my life. I had shame in my eyes. I felt sad. I felt all these things and I didn't recognize myself anymore.

I'm not the same person he thought he once knew. I wasn't the person he was angry at for so many years. The person he was angry at is a different person, a person in his mind. A projection. But this...this isn't that person. This is just me. It was like i saw myself for the first time in my life. There was a deeper love there.....but it was a personal love as in i love myself as his son, not as a human being.

Not sure if I replaced all the pronouns correctly, but you get the drift. Are you sure this wasn't how you thought he was seeing you..

Know thyself....

4 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

is it because she‘s hot

Wait what 

You cannot love what you need.

2 hours ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

Of course! I learn things from my little cousins all the time. I'm not trying to put myself above him in that regard, I just thought it was freeing to observe his inner child and realize that we were not so different after all.

Not entirely, no. Forgiveness is a long road and it takes more to forgive someone than to speak it. "I forgive you" isn't quiet the same as actually forgiving someone. 

No.

To an extend. Do I know what he ate for meal on the 8th of January 1994? Not really. But I can see connections between my own behavior and his behavior in the past. I can see how certain things that he has told me directly or indirectly influenced my behavior today. I could probably go through a list of examples to make this point clearer, but I don't want to go too deep. This isn't the topic for it.

It can definitely be that if it's coming from a place of condescension. It wasn't that, it was... more of looking into a mirror. I could see his inner child and I could see the similarities between it and my own inner child. I just wanted to give him a hug, I didn't because my family isn't all touchy feely, but I just could see all the pain that he had gone through in his life. I could see it in his eyes. This energy was very clear to me.

I don't know. It depends on how deep of a love we're talking about. When I saw him... it was almost like there was a stranger standing in front of me. I didn't look at him through the conceptual lens of "Oh this is my father, he has caused so much pain in my life" or "Oh he is my father I love him so much". He was just... some guy. And I felt kind of removed from the whole story of him being my father. I just saw a person that went through a lot of suffering in their life. I saw shame in his eyes. I saw sadness. I saw all of these things and... I didn't recognize him anymore. He wasn't the same person I thought I once knew. He wasn't the person I was angry at for so many years. The person I was angry at was a different person. A person inside my mind. A projection. But this... this wasn't that person. That was just... him. It was like I saw this man for the first time in my life.

There was a deeper love there... but it wasn't like an interpersonal love of "I love him as a father", but "I love him as a human being".

I see an author in you. That part I bolded was beautiful man!! Beautiful!!! Your writings exude a deep maturity. 

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

In certain ways I'm a stranger to myself. I observe myself walking down the street and it's like I'm observing the body of a stranger move all by itself. No difference between seeing another person walk down the street and "my own" body. So in a sense it's not about how I thought he was seeing me, but about how I saw myself. In this moment, I didn't know myself as his son. I didn't know him as my father.

He also came to the party to see me, which surprised the entire family, as he usually doesn't turn up to family gatherings, so he was probably happy seeing me.

I think that's what I really meant, looking over my re-enactment. Sometimes we see others how we see ourselves and the relations we have with them. You described it so deeply and with so much precision, that it just seems like you were describing something other than the subject. 

Since knowing you on this forum and how insightful and Spiritually mature you are, and you seem to have a deep sense of who you are and seem grounded in a way I looked at your description differently because I sensed it was coming from the heart and not the mind. You were describing you and how you saw yourself. That's why they say people are your mirror. Anyway, I hope you fully heal and I can tell you've come a long way and most people would have carried that resentment on and projected their anger unto the world in different ways, but you seem fairly grounded will all that emotional turmoil you endured as a child.

Know thyself....

On 14/10/2023 at 6:11 PM, PurpleTree said:

Thoughts on her opinion?

She‘s basically saying everybody is being confronted with what they’ve been trying to suppress 

This feels just like a horoscope reading for the whole planet. It's so vague but somewhat accurate for the human condition and so it sounds right, just like a horoscope. 

There's not many internet personalities I can stand listening to, male or female. 

Edited by itsadistraction

25 minutes ago, itsadistraction said:

This feels just like a horoscope reading for the whole planet. It's so vague but somewhat accurate for the human condition and so it sounds right, just like a horoscope. 

There's not many internet personalities I can stand listening to, male or female. 

I love how your forum name syncs perfectly with this post. You could have said after all that...."its a distraction."

2 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

I love how your forum name syncs perfectly with this post. You could have said after all that...."its a distraction."

"It's a contradiction." Hehe.

Know thyself....

13 hours ago, Razard86 said:

Go watch the documentary it shows her true colors...

Yes, I also think she has emotional issues and her ego is very big. But we aren't in the position to judge anyone. Her videos are brilliant, so behind her 'shadow' is a great wisdom. Learn to appreciate ideas instead of people. People will always disappoint you no matter how great they are.

13 hours ago, Razard86 said:

Basically when you watch her she has a well-developed Masculine but an underdeveloped feminine. Teal is ANTHING but nurturing.

I think that's her shadow. Behind her mask, I feel like she's a very sensitive soul and she's trying to appear as tough as possible as a way to protect herself. She's afraid of being vulnerable.

Edited by Incognito

1 hour ago, itsadistraction said:

Teal swan is a distraction for sure ?

No. She's a good guide actually.