imit

Sudden awakening in a dream

16 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I had a dream where I sit with my mother in nature and suddenly while we were talking and while I was observing nature around me, which was looking quite real to me, suddenly there was a glitch in pixels in front of me. A few seconds later, maybe 2-3 I was astonished what happened to me. I was immersed in the present moment like I took some hardcore psychedelics. I was pulled in the present moment so much forcefully like I completly lost myself in that process. The best thing I can say to describe it to you, like before that moment, resolution of the dream was 800x600 pixels and at that moment it was fucking 4k. I was dying out of fear and terror as I was not used to spend time in that state with that much elevated consciousness. I was so terrified that I started to hyperventilate as I was in state of panic afterwards. Few moments later, my girlfriend woke me up, but the funny thing was that I was not dreaming and she did not woke me up, she just kicked me out of state of panic at that moment.

Before I ask further questions on my experiences I want to provide some context:

• Im in personal development for little bit less then a decade
  • Im in spirituality and consciousness work for the past 6-7 years
  • As I was small kid from the age of 3-4 I had lucid dreaming experiences in wierd combination with sleep paralysys
  • I did not took any psychedelics in my life for spiriitual purposes, yet
  • My first non-identification experience that was immensly liberating was at the age of 21, while reading Eckart Tolle
  • My spiritual knowledge source is manly through Eckart Tolle, Leo Gura, Osho Rajneesh, Gurdjieef and Ouspensky as well as Mooji
  • My spiritual practice usually consists of living mindfully, meditating whenever I can and practicing luiciding dreaming from time to time

Can somebody confirm if this was kinda awakening or what the hell was that? Any ideas? Can somebody tell me if there is any link between lucid dreaming and spirituality? Or any kind of connection between lucid dreaming and sleep paralysys? Can somebody put in the comment any additional resources which I can look up to for this kind of stuff to expore it more deeply?

Any kind of feedback will be much appreciated. Feel free to ask additional questions as well. Thanks

Sure, awakening and tripping in dreams is possible.

You didn't say what you became conscious of so it may have been awakening or some other mystical experience. There are also many different kinds of awakenings.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura So if I do lucid dreaming with seriousness, and maybe do some spiritual practices or even psychedelics inside a dream, will I experience Awakening?

1 hour ago, bazera said:

@Leo Gura So if I do lucid dreaming with seriousness, and maybe do some spiritual practices or even psychedelics inside a dream, will I experience Awakening?

You could. I have many times.

The problem with these types of awakenings is that you will immediately lose them.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, imit said:

The best thing I can say to describe it to you, like before that moment, resolution of the dream was 800x600 pixels and at that moment it was fucking 4k.

This can also happen in the waking state when the mind is quiet enough (minimization of the perceiver).

For best results find a secluded spot in nature and just sit. 

Edited by cetus

17 hours ago, cetus said:

Just be careful not to hold onto any ideas about yourself ;)

19 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You could. I have many times.

The problem with these types of awakenings is that you will immediately lose them.

20 hours ago, bazera said:

Good. We assume that we need to grab hold of that awakening experience and maintain it, as if it is the only true truth.

20 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Sure, awakening and tripping in dreams is possible.

You didn't say what you became conscious of so it may have been awakening or some other mystical experience. There are also many different kinds of awakenings.

Hey Leo, thanks for the reply.

Up to this point I had couple mystical experiences in a dreams that was quite astonishing but what troubles me are the emotions associated with it. Is there going to be point where I will experience love instead of fear as this emotions are on the opposite side of spectrum. Is that my character(ego) that's not ready or prepared to experience what awakened state feels like?

What I can say from my last experience in a dream is that I become aware of reality or true nature of the present moment. My mother that I was directly looking was still there talking to me, just I was feeeling reality as hyper-hyper real, like I got to the core of what reality is, to the core of what present moment is, the core of the dream of life. 

You are definitely right about that those are just the glimpses and are were shortly afterwards lost. To keep and to live in the present moment for prologned period of times is the uphill battle, it's really hard to maintain high levels of consciousness for a long time. I really do like how for example, Osho was living 24/7 in the present moment, his face and his look in the eyes, are telling it all, how deeply awakened he was.

By the way, if there is any chance that you can recommend me any content/source that might be realted to this topic?

18 hours ago, cetus said:

This can also happen in the waking state when the mind is quiet enough (minimization of the perceiver).

Totally agree, but it takes long time to get to experience mystical experiences with only meditation. I think that psychedelics might be the much faster route. But, Im sticking with meditation, feels to me much more natural and safe.

We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the secret sits in the middle and knows. - Robert Frost

3 minutes ago, imit said:

it takes long time to get to experience mystical experiences with only meditation.

What are you needing from mystical experiences? What will they give you?

53 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Just be careful not to hold onto any ideas about yourself ;)

That's what I meant when I said "minimization of the perceiver."

3 minutes ago, cetus said:

That's what I meant when I said "minimization of the perceiver."

I was thinking about something completely different :)

Hey, how did that word become smaller? It’s like magic! Weird, it only looks small when I’m typing here O.o

Edited by Yimpa

24 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

What are you needing from mystical experiences? What will they give you?

Insights in the true nature of reality, in different words, they lead to the Truth with capital T.

I do not need them, but I do embrace when they start knocing on my door.

6 minutes ago, imit said:

Insights in the true nature of reality, in different words, they lead to the Truth with capital T.

I do not need them, but I do embrace when they start knocking on my door.

Learn to embrace that which you consider untrue as well. 

10 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Learn to embrace that which you consider untrue as well. 

Totally agree but I do not deny or consider what is "untrue". From my point of view, I wouldn't say untrue, I would say true with lower t or in other words relative truth. 

32 minutes ago, imit said:

Totally agree but I do not deny or consider what is "untrue". From my point of view, I wouldn't say untrue, I would say true with lower t or in other words relative truth. 

And I’m saying truTh.